Update on Sonicview 8000HD

Status
Please reply by conversation.

johnnytuinals

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 14, 2005
Poconos
Heres a very quick update for the few hours that I have been playing with it...
It looks like a much better unit then my old pansat2500a.
Its has alot of things in the menu and yeaaaa can get lost lol...
I am glad that it gives me AUDIO on all the stations on G10r,not like the pansat...
I think the Outdoor channel looks great on HD.
And all the satellittes are up to date not like the pansat when I got it....
It has a Few different types of Blind scan and it works very well and very fast on C band not like the pansat 2500a that I had,The pansat took all day to scan the satellite for the stations....
The only down fall so far is shutting the unit off.
I am having problems shutting the unit off every now and then with the REMOTE but I have to go to the receiver to shut it off.Maybe I am screwing something up.
Will update more when I get used to it within the next few days....
For the $429 I think it was not a bad deal.......JT

So it outputs the AC-3 from the box then? Cool. I know the Coolsat 8000 does that too.
(and you're right about the Pansat 2500 scanning on C-Band. I can start the scan, go grab a cold pop, check here for new posts, answer some, and go back and maybe H is done :)

I am sure both the Coolsat 8000 and the Sonicview 8000 are 2 great receivers.
Yes both have had small problems here and there but there are downloads for the small problems.
And the Coolssat8000 and the Sonicview 8000 are the only 2 receivers that are
MPEG-4 for future upgrades if we ever need them.........
Yep the C band with blindscan on the pansats blew,,,,,C band would take forever.JT

Heres a very quick update for the few hours that I have been playing with it...
It looks like a much better unit then my old pansat2500a.
Its has alot of things in the menu and yeaaaa can get lost lol...
I am glad that it gives me AUDIO on all the stations on G10r,not like the pansat...
I think the Outdoor channel looks great on HD.
And all the satellittes are up to date not like the pansat when I got it....
It has a Few different types of Blind scan and it works very well and very fast on C band not like the pansat 2500a that I had,The pansat took all day to scan the satellite for the stations....
The only down fall so far is shutting the unit off.
I am having problems shutting the unit off every now and then with the REMOTE but I have to go to the receiver to shut it off.Maybe I am screwing something up.
Will update more when I get used to it within the next few days....
For the $429 I think it was not a bad deal.......JT
You want like the SV8000 once you try and record a live ITC HD feed.The unit will not record any live unscrambled Hd feed.All it will do is stutter and stop.It apparently cannot handle the bitrate of live HD feeds.The manual states 1 to 45 mbps.Most of the ITC hd feeds are between 36 and 40 mbps.I have not come across any above 45mbps.I have email sonicviewusa 6 times about the problem with recording live ITC cband hd feeds.They have yet to respond.The HD picture on outdoor channel hd
and PBSHD are outstanding.The live ITC hd sports feeds are awesome to watch.But if you try to record the live feed the sonicview 8000hd becomes a zero.My dvbworld usb tuner has no trouble recording these feeds to hardrive for pc playback.The 400.00 sonicview sv8000 will only choke when you try to record
a live ITC HD feeds.I guess the people at sonicviewusa don't believe true FTA viewers would like an Hd pvr that can actually record a live ITC hd wildfeed and be able to watch it.This is what they advertise but i assure you it will not do what they claim.Buy the way the blindscan on the receiver is just as fast as my coolsat 5000 which is really fast.Without the capability to record the live ITC HD feeds this unit is a waste of money for any one who truely loves fta.It is apparent that sonicviewusa could care less about addressing this problem.

Curious to know if the results of Blindscan on the SV8000HD were equal to, or similar to those you get with your Pansat 2500. I'm not talking about the scanning speed, but, if you scan the same sat with each receiver, does one find more channels than the other or are they about the same? I think the real test would be on a sat like SBS6 (and a few others) Ku, that has a lot of feeds on the weekends. I have compared my Pansat 2700a's scans against a Viewsat Xtreme and the Pansat, while slower, found much more channels on the same sat and transponder. That was using the "blindscan" feature on both receivers.
grusome

Picks up about the same channels,But sometimes it will repete the stations but that was no problem,it takes about ONE min to delete the stations you don't want and keep the ones you do want..............
I felt the Pansat 2500a was very annoying while scanning C band.
I didnot buy this receiver to record anything.......I just wanted the best.
Its was between the coolsat8000 or the sonicview 80000.It was a flip of the coin lol.JT

You want like the SV8000 once you try and record a live ITC HD feed.The unit will not record any live unscrambled Hd feed.All it will do is stutter and stop.It apparently cannot handle the bitrate of live HD feeds.The manual states 1 to 45 mbps.Most of the ITC hd feeds are between 36 and 40 mbps.I have not come across any above 45mbps.I have email sonicviewusa 6 times about the problem with recording live ITC cband hd feeds.They have yet to respond.The HD picture on outdoor channel hd
and PBSHD are outstanding.The live ITC hd sports feeds are awesome to watch.But if you try to record the live feed the sonicview 8000hd becomes a zero.My dvbworld usb tuner has no trouble recording these feeds to hardrive for pc playback.The 400.00 sonicview sv8000 will only choke when you try to record
a live ITC HD feeds.I guess the people at sonicviewusa don't believe true FTA viewers would like an Hd pvr that can actually record a live ITC hd wildfeed and be able to watch it.This is what they advertise but i assure you it will not do what they claim.Buy the way the blindscan on the receiver is just as fast as my coolsat 5000 which is really fast.Without the capability to record the live ITC HD feeds this unit is a waste of money for any one who truely loves fta.It is apparent that sonicviewusa could care less about addressing this problem.

That is because Sonicview has another market in mind for the SV8000 besides the True FTA market.

When everything shakes out between Echostar vs Viewtech I expect Sonicview to be named as one of the John Does.

Well going back a year or 2 ago you only had 2 other HD receivers and
they cost over $600....
Yes they can pickup the Free FTA programming but its nice to have the other upgraded features of both receivers.
To me as of now this is just a very cool hobby with FTA programming from G10r.
As the future its nice that the sonicview8000 and the sonicview 8000 will pickup MPEG-4 and 99% of the other receivers will not.JT

Nope I don't think anything will happen..
Lawyers are always sueing and they mostly lose.I don't feel bad for lawyers because they have to make money too.
Coolsat,Pansat,Sonicview and others are making FTAs ONLY .
What somebody does with the receiver is out of the companys hands.
Thats why the companys will win,they have lots of money and can keep
this case in courts for years and years.JT

Nope I don't think anything will happen..
Lawyers are always sueing and they mostly lose.I don't feel bad for lawyers because they have to make money too.
Coolsat,Pansat,Sonicview and others are making FTAs ONLY .
What somebody does with the receiver is out of the companys hands.
Thats why the companys will win,they have lots of money and can keep
this case in courts for years and years.JT

As far as I see it , lawyers are a bunch of over paid blood suckers . The system is rigged so that the system is so complicated the average person can not deal with it .

The legal system should be written in plain language that any High School grad can understand the laws and the system .

But who writes the laws that Congress & the State Legislatures pass ? You guessed it , lawyers !

You tell me that is not rigged ! No justice in sight !

And talk about the legal system for sale , most often the party with the most money , to buy the most lawyers & stretch it out the longest period of time , comes out on top .

And the lawyers on both sides got rich ! :-(

Wyr

Ohhh i do agree many of the lawyers are DIRT.....
But you do have people on here think the lawyers are going to come after us lol,what fools.......
Its funny many people think the lawyers are coming after us.......
They will need to get court orders from the courts to come after any of us,Most that sell use anything are NOT companys but people that want to get rid of some items on ebay....It will cost them more time then its worth and thats why they are trying to go after the companys.......................JT

I see wyrtwister's point, money does talk. And that won't ever change. It's not perfect,
but I believe this system beats anything Castro or Chavez or Abbadinijabber has.
We're getting off the track here I guess so I will shut my trap!

can we please bring this back on topic?

johnny...have you been able to try out any other features? How long does it take to blind scan a C-Band satellite like G16?

I don't see it funny. DishNet is the one goes after you hacker. Why do you spend $200 for the 8psk adapter to watch 1 promo Dish Net HDTV?
Can you explain that?

Ohhh i do agree many of the lawyers are DIRT.....
But you do have people on here think the lawyers are going to come after us lol,what fools.......
Its funny many people think the lawyers are coming after us.......
They will need to get court orders from the courts to come after any of us,Most that sell use anything are NOT companys but people that want to get rid of some items on ebay....It will cost them more time then its worth and thats why they are trying to go after the companys.......................JT

Don't have to explain anything to someone that thinks he knows whats going on(but then again he does not know a thing}.................
Sent back the Sonicview 2 days ago for a replacement,I was having problems
with the USB card reader in the receiver.For some reason it didnot reconized
the card....Hope to have the replacement by the end of next week...
Yep it does blow having to go back and use my pansat2500a for the next few days lol....
Only thing I can say is that on C band it will take a min or two and on KU band it takes about the same time.Thats on G10R............
Didnot want to play with it anymore untill I get a new 8000HD......JT

yeah..I don't know a thing. Unfortunate for you, one thing I know certainly is those using 8psk adapter are stealing program for Dish Network...hehehhe..:)
Is that correct or not?

Don't have to explain anything to someone that thinks he knows whats going on(but then again he does not know a thing}.................
Sent back the Sonicview 2 days ago for a replacement,I was having problems
with the USB card reader in the receiver.For some reason it didnot reconized
the card....Hope to have the replacement by the end of next week...
Yep it does blow having to go back and use my pansat2500a for the next few days lol....
Only thing I can say is that on C band it will take a min or two and on KU band it takes about the same time.Thats on G10R............
Didnot want to play with it anymore untill I get a new 8000HD......JT

yeah..I don't know a thing. Unfortunate for you, one thing I know certainly is those using 8psk adapter are stealing program for Dish Network...hehehhe..:)
Is that correct or not?

Unless they really want to watch the HD demo channel 24/7 that would be correct :)

yeah..I don't know a thing. Unfortunate for you, one thing I know certainly is those using 8psk adapter are stealing program for Dish Network...hehehhe..
Is that correct or not?

Nooooo why would anyone want to steal anything from DN?
If I ever want to upgrade my receiver,I don't think Dish has a say what I do to it.
I just installed a DSS LNBF w/Scalar Ring for my Corotor 2 today as a UPGRADE.
Maybe DN will come after me because I installed a DSS LNBF w/Scalar Ring
with my Sonicview 8000 with my 10 footdish lol?

I am glad to see many more are buying HD receivers,I am sure we will be getting
lots of input on all the receivers.....JT

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)