Updated DirecTV HD Locals Launch Schedule: November->March (And PBS Launches)

Status
Please reply by conversation.
no but I got $150 worth of Best Buy gift cards for Christmas. Which one should I get from there?

I'm not sure what to tell you because they don't sell the same one.
Your still looking for inside antenna right ?
Pick one and try it, take it back if it doesn't work ???

On Sale : Antennas - BestBuy

Here's the original:
Zenith ZHDTV1 Silver Sensor HDTV Indoor UHF Antenna (ZHDTV1) | ZHDTV1 [Zenith] | rabbit ears phdtv1 hdtv1

Now if the ones that LOOK like that work as well, who knows...

Jimbo

I'm not sure what to tell you because they don't sell the same one.
Your still looking for inside antenna right ?
Pick one and try it, take it back if it doesn't work ???

On Sale : Antennas - BestBuy

Here's the original:
Zenith ZHDTV1 Silver Sensor HDTV Indoor UHF Antenna (ZHDTV1) | ZHDTV1 [Zenith] | rabbit ears phdtv1 hdtv1

Now if the ones that LOOK like that work as well, who knows...

Jimbo

well ther Terk HDTVa looks exactly like that and its on sale, should I get it?

Terk - Indoor Amplified HDTV Antenna - HDTVA

Insight from Satracer with DirecTV for local HD launches in 2009:

I can't tell you the exact ones yet because D* hasn't officially announced them specifically yet, but some of the most mentioned markets on this forum are on that list.

Without naming the DMAs (and of course these are subject to change), the states involved include KY, IN, SC, MI, WV, VA, LA, AL, MS as well as a few others.

No dates yet, but they are coming in 2009 if everything holds to form.

The Michigan market would have to be Lansing, as all the other markets are already in HD (excluding the UP and Alpena, which DirecTV doesn't carry even in SD). Lansing is already HD on Dish.

Greenville/Washington/New Bern, North Carolina launched today.

Includes all the big 4 networks in HD, and also added CW in SD.

Received word from DirecTV that four more markets will get PBS HD starting tommorrow:

Dallas TX
Des Moines IA
Grand Rapids MI
Sacramento CA

CW 17 in Jacksonville (WCWJ) is now in HD for DirecTV.

That gives FOX, ABC, NBC, CBS, CW in HD. Only PBS and a couple of local independent stations left.

HDDNS

hello folks i work as a rep for directv and they do not offer hd locals in my area either. the reasons that i am told that they don't offer locals in hd are they either issues regarding lack of bandwidth or the other reason being some other company has the sole rights to broadcast the hd locals. for those of you that don't get hd locals you can submit a waiver so you can get them from new york if you live in the east and l.a. if you live in the west. i know this doesn't give you your local news for instance, but it will give you the primetime shows in hd. however, if you do submit the waiver:don't expect for all of the networks to say yes. i tried to get nbc cbs fox and abc...but only fox and abc allowed me to have the distant hd networks. for the person on here from ASHLAND, KY...i live in the same market as you so if you want fox and abc for the primetime shows in hd you will more than likely get fox/abc. if you do get them it doesn't cost any extra to have them. however keep in mind that you do have to be getting your sd locals from directv. i recently emailed the local nbc and cbs stations to ask them why they denied my request to get the distant feeds and have i yet to receive an answer. i expect the reason for their denial is that i should be able to get them with an off-air-antenna. i've tried to get them off air, but the reception was well....none. fyi..i think you can also submit the waiver on directv.com.

Last edited:
There is no info at this point for anything on the list other than Q1. Best we can tell you is sometime before April, if you are on the list in the first post.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)