Updated DirecTV HD Locals Launch Schedule: November->March (And PBS Launches)

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Odessa-Midland, TX Fox KPEJ and PBS KPBT both launched in HD today, to little fanfare. The promised addition (by D*) of CBS and NBC in town (no SD even) did not happen.

hey i just want them to carry locals in my new market, dont even care if its in hd or not

SW louisiana we need locals , these off air antenna jobs make me want to cry, it wouldnt be so bad ... but gee , please dtv! give me a hand

hey i just want them to carry locals in my new market, dont even care if its in hd or not

SW louisiana we need locals , these off air antenna jobs make me want to cry, it wouldnt be so bad ... but gee , please dtv! give me a hand

I'm with you on this one, as the locals are the one and only thing I miss from Dish Network and they lacked HD at the time (are in HD now though) While HD would be nice, I would be quite happy with even SD locals for now.

Joplin, Mo happens to be a dominant Dish Network area though, so don't see my locals coming anytime soon via DirecTV..... Likely makes little sense for an area that has something like 10-15 Dish Network dishes, for every 2 or 3 DirecTV dishes.

In the meantime I will remain patient and continue to rely on my somewhat finicky AM21/OTA antenna combination that only really works on three of the five local channels and not all the time at that.

There are no announced local launches planned at this point:

Please know that DIRECTV is still working on plans to launch additional HD markets. We will make future announcements as those plans are finalized, so check back soon.

Does anyone know when the CW (HD) will be available in Burlington VT-Plattsburgh NY area ?

I see the rest of the Networks are available as locals in HD.

Also, I have the feauture to hide duplicate SD channels on, is there a reason why my local networks still show both the SD and HD channels?

Agaim, this is for the Please be advised that we do not carry a CW affiliate in the Burlington VT-Plattsburgh NY area.

Thanks!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)