UPDATED - New Dish Pricing Info!

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Lock in price, especially if Frontier buys out Verizon.

Hope Frontier doesn't buy them out. People are nice, service/product is inconsistant. One of the worst rated DSL services around. Trust me, I have them.

S~

If they did, though that would open them up in my area. They have a lock right now and noone wants to come in. Right now they bundle with Dish. Saves me $5 a month on my bill.

OFFICIAL PRICE CHANGES - this was noted on my at&t|Dish bill:

Effective February 1, 2010
Please note the following programming and monthly rate changes for
AT&T | DISH Network Service:

America's "Everything" PAK repriced to $99.99* (+$2.01)
America's "Everything" PAK customers without locals availability will be moved to
America's Top 250 & 4-pay premium packages priced at $97.99;
the DVR service fee ($6) will no longer be waived for America's "Everything" PAK customers.

TurboHD Bronze with locals renamed to DISH America and repriced to $29.99 (-$5);
TurboHD Silver with locals renamed DISH America Silver and repriced to $49.99 (-$5);
TurboHD Gold with locals renamed DISH America Gold and repriced to $49.99 (-$5).

Customers with one or more DVR receivers will be billed a single $6/month fee instead of a per receiver fee. Customers who currently subscribe to a "w/DVR" package will no longer see a bundled price point; bill will reflect package price and $6/mo DVR fee as explained above.

The following packages will all increase by $1 as a result of this change:
Classic Bronze 100- $39.99,
Classic Bronze 100 Plus- $44.99,
Classic Silver 200- $52.99,
Classic Gold 250- $62.99,
DishLATINO Plus- $34.99,
DishLATINO Max w/DVR- $58.99.

The following packages are also affected by this change:
DishLatino Classico- $35.99 (+$.02),
DishLATINO DOS w/DVR- $45.99 (-$2).

Existing non-DVR package customers with more than one dual tuner receiver not connected to a phone line or broadband connection will pay $5/month for each dual tuner receiver after the first. The following price changes will also apply: DishLATINO DOS- $39.99* (-$3),
Arabic Music Pak- $9.99 (+$3),
Filipino Viva Pinov- $14.99 (+$3),
French RFI- $1.99 (+$.99),
Greek Value Pack- $34.99 (+$2),
Greek Antenna Package- $24.99 (+$2),
Polish TV Silesia Plus RADIO Silesia- $4.99 (-$1),
Portuguese RTPI- $4.99 (+$.99),
Taiwan Sky Link- $4.99 (-$1),
Hindi B4U- $4.99 (+$2),
Urdu QTV- $9.99 (+$2),
Greek Elite Pack- $34.99 (+$2),
Russian Mega Pack- $34.99 (+$2),
Pak Mega Pack- $44.99 (+$5),
Tamil Mega Pack- $29.99 (+$5).

Additional receiver fees will change as follows:
Solo- $7 (+$2),
Solo DVR - $10 (+$5),
HD solo DVR- $10 (+$3),
Duo- $14 (+$9),
HD Duo- $14 (+$6),
DuoDVR- $17 (+$12),
HD DuoDVR- $17 (+$10).

Other name changes:
Classic Bronze renamed America's Top 120;
Classic Bronze 100 Plus renamed America's Top 120 Plus;
Classic Silver 200 renamed America's Top 200;
Classic Gold 250 renamed America's Top 250.

*Prices do not include locals; $6/mo more with locals

HD DuoDVR- $17 (+$10).

This is still confusing to me. They are currently charging $12.00 for the HD DuoDVR (622, 722), so the fee is going up $5.00 not $10.00. Unless the $12.00 is actually $7.00 (receiver) + $5.00 (DVR fee). If that's the case, then the equipment fee should stay at $12.00 since the DVR fee is now per account and not per receiver and they will now charge the $5.00 for TV2. :confused:

Existing non-DVR package customers with more than one dual tuner receiver not connected to a phone line or broadband connection will pay $5/month for each dual tuner receiver after the first.

Additional receiver fees will change as follows:
Solo- $7 (+$2),
Solo DVR - $10 (+$5),
HD solo DVR- $10 (+$3),
Duo- $14 (+$9),
HD Duo- $14 (+$6),
DuoDVR- $17 (+$12),
HD DuoDVR- $17 (+$10).

So does this mean the $5 charge for the 2nd tuner is in addition to the additional receiver fees? So someone with an HD Duo receiver would pay $14 "additional receiver fee" + $5 for the 2nd tuner?

Just got my new bill for service from Jan 18 - Feb 17

Got a new discount that fits with this price rumor:
Classic Silver 200 With DVR 57.99
Classic Silver 200 - Adjustment -4.99

But my 612 is still priced at $12.

So does this mean the $5 charge for the 2nd tuner is in addition to the additional receiver fees? So someone with an HD Duo receiver would pay $14 "additional receiver fee" + $5 for the 2nd tuner?
NO. It's per receiver, not tuner.

NO. It's per receiver, not tuner.

I realize that my statement was poorly worded. What I meant was, for each dual-tuner HD receiver, would it be only $14 total, or $14 for the reciever + $5 for the 2nd tuner, total $19?

This is still confusing to me. They are currently charging $12.00 for the HD DuoDVR (622, 722), so the fee is going up $5.00 not $10.00. Unless the $12.00 is actually $7.00 (receiver) + $5.00 (DVR fee). If that's the case, then the equipment fee should stay at $12.00 since the DVR fee is now per account and not per receiver and they will now charge the $5.00 for TV2. :confused:
Don't get confused trying to add up sub fees. There aren't any. It's the DVR fee plus the applicable fee for your receiver. The receiver fee is just that...the dollar amount they are going to charge. Again, not a accumulation of fees.

I realize that my statement was poorly worded. What I meant was, for each dual-tuner HD receiver, would it be only $14 total, or $14 for the reciever + $5 for the 2nd tuner, total $19?
NO, NO, NO. Just $14.00. Get that second tuner thing out of your head!!!

OFFICIAL PRICE CHANGES - this was noted on my at&t|Dish bill:

Effective February 1, 2010
Please note the following programming and monthly rate changes for
AT&T | DISH Network Service:

TurboHD Bronze with locals renamed to DISH America and repriced to $29.99 (-$5);
TurboHD Silver with locals renamed DISH America Silver and repriced to $49.99 (-$5);
TurboHD Gold with locals renamed DISH America Gold and repriced to $49.99 (-$5).

wonder if these will include the "platinum" channels-or if they are 10 bucks more.
would consider going back to gold till NFL season next year

So, if I understand all this correctly, with a 722k and a 622 with America's Top 250, my bill would look like this;

America's Top 250: $62.99
DVR Fee: $6.00
Duo DVR Receiver: $17.00

$85.99

Does that sound that right?

I'm so confused...

NO, NO, NO. Just $14.00. Get that second tuner thing out of your head!!!

Then explain this, fro mthe "OFFICIAL PRICE CHANGES" post:

Existing non-DVR package customers with more than one dual tuner receiver not connected to a phone line or broadband connection will pay $5/month for each dual tuner receiver after the first.

That sounds to me like an additional fee on top of the rental fees for dual-tuner receivers except for the first. Why else would that last sentence be there, if there wasn't an additional fee beyond the receiver rental? There still is a $5 additional fee on top of the rental fee if additional dual-tuner receivers are not connected to phone lines!

Just got my new bill for service from Jan 18 - Feb 17

Got a new discount that fits with this price rumor:
Classic Silver 200 With DVR 57.99
Classic Silver 200 - Adjustment -4.99

But my 612 is still priced at $12.

Interesting...I just viewed my new bill online (service Jan 14 - Feb 13) and there is not a similar adjustment... perhaps the "change date" is Jan 15?

Then explain this, fro mthe "OFFICIAL PRICE CHANGES" post:

That sounds to me like an additional fee on top of the rental fees for dual-tuner receivers except for the first. Why else would that last sentence be there, if there wasn't an additional fee beyond the receiver rental? There still is a $5 additional fee on top of the rental fee if additional dual-tuner receivers are not connected to phone lines!

You misread. That was referring to the way things are now. $14.00 period, the end.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)