Upgrade Horror Story

Status
Please reply by conversation.

bmer

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Apr 22, 2006
Just wanted to share this horror story with you guys and see if anyone has ever had this happen to them. I called customer retention last night and asked about upgrading my R-15 for an HR-20( I had previously emailed Directv and gotten a 1-800 number and pin to call). I was told I could get the DVR for 199.00 and that they would split it into three payments with the firsy payment being the 99.00 instant rebate and also get 6 months of HD access for free. I told the rep. that I would have to talk to my wife and get approval first but I would call back later that night. He said that was okay and that he would note everything in my account which he then read back to me. Later that night I call back and tell the rep. that I want to go ahead and take advantage of the offer and he says no problem and that he saw everything in the notes on my account. He then read the deal back to me and said let me put you on hold and I will activate this offer for you and get your installation setup. Ten minutes go by and he comes back on the line and says that he is sorry but they can not offer me that deal and that it is only for special customers. I have never been late or missed a payment on my directv service, have maintained directv premier, and have two R-15's on my account but I guess that does not make me special enough. Needless to say my wife was pretty upset. She felt that Directv was basically telling us to go stuff ourselves and that we were not good enough for them. Now she has me checking on cable. Any advice or help from anyone would be appreciated.:mad:

You sound special to me! Anyone with a Premier account that pays ontime is unusual for sure! but then I'm just a dog wearing reindeer ears... what do I know? Have you asked to speak to a supvr?

I prefer cable anyhow. I'd investigate your alternatives if you are that upset. However, prepare yourself to be upset with cable too... it's just the way things go.

The Wife already had me check out the difference in pricing and I would be spending about the same amount as I am now but I would have a faster internet connection( I would go from 3mb to 5 mb).

Does anyone know an email address that I can use to email a supervisor at directv?

Does anyone know an email address that I can use to email a supervisor at directv?

They do not do that.

How long have you been a DirecTV cust? Are you still in any kind of contractual agreement? I have been a cust since 95ish and have had HD since it's DirecTV inception and was able to get a free HR20 and 5LNB upgrade for 100% free; so it does happen.

I was able to get oe free hr20 and one for 99 but that was back in july

I have been with directv since about 1998. I would think the length of my stay would also make me a good customer.

Alas yes I have one year left in my contract due to a replacement reciever that was sent to me. I was not told that when a piece of equipment went bad that when it was replaced, without the protection plan, you automatically got a two year contract slapped on you.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts