upgrade

Status
Please reply by conversation.

platnum

Original poster
Nov 4, 2004
New York
Hi

I have direct tv and i would like to get a bigger dish but i dont know what is compatible with direct tv...

I keep getting rain fade and lost signal :no

and were should i purchase a new dish from?

Please help
Thanks platnumn

how much rain fade and loss of signal. It shouldn't be too often, only during extremly heavy rain for no more than 10 minutes. Check your signal strengths and your dish may need to be realigned

every time it rains it goes in and out until it stops raining it very annoying,
just yesterday it was raining almost all day and we could not watch anything

my signal strength is about 90 percent but when it rains we lose the signal strength. we tried getting it to 100% but with know luck

any other suggestions

I also lose the signal when it rains. Not all the channels and not all the time. The installer verified that the dish is aimed properly and he told me to consider a new, bigger dish. I think I will.

What equipment do you currently have? Where are you located and what is your high and low signal strengths?

I have the phaseIII dish ($50) and it has rained nearly 2 weeks straight here and i lost my signal for about 2 minutes one time. Other than that it makes it through even the heavy downpours 99.99% of the time. This was my first rain fade outage in nearly a full year.

re-align dish, or have DirecTV or a local installer come out and do it, if it is beyond you. Upgrade to a phase 3 dish, if you only have a single LNB now. It should help.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

over air local reception problem

just talk to Bob Marsocci and Robert Mercer

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts