Upgrading To HR-54/C61k?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

CSM

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 28, 2015
Chesterfield, MO
Hi. Just got upgraded to the 4K LNB. Anyone know if you can get a free upgrade to the HR-54/C61k? Also can yoy request that combo instead of the HS-17/C61k? He didn’t have them on the truck because the service call was to realign the dish. Thanks.

You can request a free upgrade. It will depend upon your standing as a customer, and which csr you talk to. You might need to call several times to get someone that will do it for free. They want you to take the HS17, and you may have difficulty getting the HR54. Good luck!

Reactions: Jimbo
I checked online and it said not eligible for a for a free upgrade until Jan. 2021. I guess even if I called DTV will see that also?

I checked online and it said not eligible for a for a free upgrade until Jan. 2021. I guess even if I called DTV will see that also?
If you Call, you at least have a chance ...
I doubt you will get a FREE upgrade, but it could be well discounted.

I called DTV they did tell me no free upgrades until Jan. 2021. I guess I used the other free upgrade on getting Mini. However, I didn’t know the DTV tech would give us a 4k LNB to fix the 771 message.

I called DTV they did tell me no free upgrades until Jan. 2021. I guess I used the other free upgrade on getting Mini. However, I didn’t know the DTV tech would give us a 4k LNB to fix the 771 message.
There is no 4K coming over the reverse band anyway right now. It’s not a 4K LNB. It’s a reverse band LNB. 4K works fine on older LNB’s

There is no 4K coming over the reverse band anyway right now. It’s not a 4K LNB. It’s a reverse band LNB. 4K works fine on older LNB’s
Sorry, Reverse Band LNB. The CSR also thought you just needed the HR-54 for DTV 4k and not the C61k.

Sorry, Reverse Band LNB. The CSR also thought you just needed the HR-54 for DTV 4k and not the C61k.
No thats why its such a stupid setup!....The HR-54 is the HD end, the C61k (k as in 4k)...I have a few friends that have the HR-54 side by side with the C61k...The 54 not outputting 4K was stupid.

No thats why its such a stupid setup!....The HR-54 is the HD end, the C61k (k as in 4k)...I have a few friends that have the HR-54 side by side with the C61k...The 54 not outputting 4K was stupid.

When they designed it they didn't have that option, HDMI 2.0 PHYs were not available. You can complain about them not making an HR64 I guess, but complaining the HR54 doesn't support 4K output makes as much sense as complaining that the HR24 can't output 4K either.

Or would you rather have the HS17 be the ONLY way to get 4K, and not have the HR54 support a 4K client at all, to avoid complaints from people who have one TV and have to pay two $7 fees to watch 4K?

Reactions: raoul5788
When they designed it they didn't have that option, HDMI 2.0 PHYs were not available. You can complain about them not making an HR64 I guess, but complaining the HR54 doesn't support 4K output makes as much sense as complaining that the HR24 can't output 4K either.

Or would you rather have the HS17 be the ONLY way to get 4K, and not have the HR54 support a 4K client at all, to avoid complaints from people who have one TV and have to pay two $7 fees to watch 4K?
Well dish figured it out!...What was the rush for 4k?...Just to say you can see one channel at the time?....Or was it that in many cases you could charge an extra $7....

It was a dumb bone headed design and still is!
When it comes down to it, directs software and equipment cant even come close to dish....If dish had sports I would be with them and their equipment!

Well dish figured it out!...What was the rush for 4k?...Just to say you can see one channel at the time?....Or was it that in many cases you could charge an extra $7....

When it comes down to it, directs software and equipment cant even come close to dish....If dish had sports I would be with them and their equipment!
I like it

I had a discussion about this with the local manager awhile back, he thought I was nuts ...
Till he was told by someone else ... he never did discuss it again.

Thats exactly how my set up is ... I just change inputs on the TV.

So you enjoy paying an extra $7 ....Sorry not my gig to pay for 2 things and use one!
I use both my c61-4k as well as the HR54 on the same TV ....

4 recvrs is part of my package, doesn't matter what is being used, the c61-4k is part of that grouping.

And if D* had DISH's equipment, there would be no need for DISH ...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)