Upgrading To HR-54/C61k?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
we have sony oleds from there master series there about 10 grand a pop when we bought them. then i have a cheap ass 65 inch TCL in my den and it's right up there with the sony's darn near..
now i could buy the 8k version 8 k cheaper than what we paid for the 4k sets :oldmad
You pay those prices because you are someone that likes new things when they come out, like many of us .... You probably could have saves 25% or more had you waited 6 months or so.

Reactions: krynn
You pay those prices because you are someone that likes new things when they come out, like many of us .... You probably could have saves 25% or more had you waited 6 months or so.
i agree with what you said!!! along at the time of release it had the best processer in it since it could out preform everything out there!!!

Reactions: Jimbo
your PQ is only going to be as good as the bit rate sent to the box. i use monster HDMI cables and the PQ is awsome. though i could go more elaberate by using fiber optic HDMI cables. but i can't justify the cost over PQ enhancement. depending on how much you spent on your t.v.. some of the more costly sets will have better digital comb filters in them to help deal with PQ. in todays sets i dunno if this is true though i was true in the old crt sets

You do realize the same is true with "Monster" brand HDMI cables, I hope. You are getting the same bits whether you use the cheapest HDMI cable you can find on eBay or the most expensive fiber optic cable money can buy. Either it passes the signal and you get a picture, or you get dropouts/greyouts when bits are getting lost or corrupted.

Reactions: Jimbo and krynn
You do realize the same is true with "Monster" brand HDMI cables, I hope. You are getting the same bits whether you use the cheapest HDMI cable you can find on eBay or the most expensive fiber optic cable money can buy. Either it passes the signal and you get a picture, or you get dropouts/greyouts when bits are getting lost or corrupted.
i sure do realize the PQ is only going to be as good as the source it comes from.. i have bought some cheaper HDMI cables and they were problems reliability wise and handshake issues... i would never invest in fiber optic HDMI for what??? monster has always done right by me.. just saying

Biggest difference you get between the different priced cables is what the connection is made of as well as the ends that are used, the more expensive ones usually feel more secure when making connections ... I think $20-$25 is the most i've ever paid for a cable (HDMI or otherwise) except for a LONG cable, those will cost more.

Reactions: krynn

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)