Upgrading

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Mikeshady

Original poster
Jan 2, 2011
Cali
Hello all, have a question have had direct tv for a few years I am out of contract now. Yesterday I called about upgrading to the MRV. They offered me free install,but said I would need to buy two hd boxes as I need four rooms hooked up. I allready have a hr-20 and hr-22. So is this a good deal, buying two hd boxes from direct tv for 100.00 a piece or can I get them cheaper and if so what else should I ask to get with the install. Such as the Internet or cinema hook up not sure what it's called. Well THANKS hope I made sense in my long post

:welcome to Satelliteguys!

You may get a better price by calling back and getting a different csr, maybe not.
$99 each is the going rate for an hd box. I think the standard cost for mrv is $150, so getting it free sounds pretty good to me.

Is it a good deal? Yes
Best deal you can get? No
Just depends on what you want to do.

Call them back and tell them Dish is offering you their multi room DVR package for free.

If they say that is the best they can do, then tell them to get you somebody on the phone who can do better.

BTW, you don't have to replace the standard receivers with HD unless you want them to be on the Multi-room package.

Is it a good deal? Yes
Best deal you can get? No
Just depends on what you want to do.

Call them back and tell them Dish is offering you their multi room DVR package for free.

If they say that is the best they can do, then tell them to get you somebody on the phone who can do better.

BTW, you don't have to replace the standard receivers with HD unless you want them to be on the Multi-room package.
He will have to if they are not SWM compatible such as a D11,etc

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)