Uplink Activity Report - 8/18/2008 6:02pm - 49 changes

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
I second that statement. Makes no dang sense. :mad: Luckilly I "moved", but a small rain cloud shuts my locals down.

Sucks I know, you and Ralfyguy have been waiting a long time for them.

There is no available spot beam that hits the entire Tulsa DMA and has the bandwidth for HD. The spot beam maps I saw for 61.5 would not have hit McAlester. I might suggest a "move" to Ada/Sherman you might get more of that spot beam than the OKC beam, but there is no ABC affiliate in the Ada market HD or SD.

The good news is the Tulsa stations have started prepping to move the digital transmitters to the top of the towers replacing the analog transmitters.:up

The bad news is Ciel 2 will probably be launched and Dish may have the Tulsa HD locals available about the same time the tower moves are finished.:eek:

Yeah Tulsa was on the HD Local list last year so I dont know if the hold up is with Dish or the local stations in Tulsa. You might call the stations see if they been contacted yet by Dish.. GO POKES!! :)

I thought about the "move" to Ada/Sherman, but as you said, no ABC. So you think Tulsa not getting HD has to do with the Spotbeams and not a contract dispute? Ugh.....

What is good about the digital transmitters being moved to the top of the towers? You talking for OTA? We still couldnt get them in here.

Is the Ciel 2 supposed to provide a spotbeam for Tulsa DMA?

The transmitters will be about a 100 ft higher than they are now. I know a couple of the stations already have agreements in place, don't know about all 4 of the majors. Ciel 2 is all that is left unless they can rearrange channels on 110 after the new satellite comes on line later this month. The person that rents my old house from me is the anchor at one of the stations and told me they have an agreement with both Dish and Directv for hd transmission.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts