Uplink Activity Report - 8/18/2008 6:02pm - 49 changes

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
It's still stupid. If they're uplinked, make them available!

That is up to the channels.

When they agree to fees similar to all the other network channels, then Dish is happy to add the channel.

When Dish has not added the channel, it is usually because the channel wants a fee higher than everyone else.

PS if the delay is only a few days, then it is often just the time to add it to the systems for subscription...

I hope that it means that these stations are now uplinked for real and are ready to be made available. It would be interesting to know what the engineering packages meant, like:

A. Table entry made for a coming channel
B. A slate mirrored to the channel
C. The channel is uplinked in some form, needs testing for audio/video standard
D. The channel is uplinked, video and audio tested with the mux ready for customer

It would end a lot of the questions about why a channel is not available. One could look and see it is just a slate or if they are having video/audio problems, etc.

The Fargo, ND locals have been active for months...at least since May. I thought they were always available? LOL Silly me. They look OK. Sometimes there's no guide info, but that has changed over the last 2-3 weeks.

Using an FTA receiver for testing purposes in Canada.

I know that WPMI and WJTC in Mobile/Pensacola are owned by Newport, and are the only remaining network stations that were not originally made available. Maybe a deal was finally reached, or is about to be reached?

My two locals that have been in a dispute with Dish over pricing are two of those listed. WJTC and WPMI. I just checked and they are still not available. BUT maybe coming soon? How many of these are owned by the same company?

When I called on behalf of my inlaws I was told $59.99, or free with 24-month commitment.

I had enough spare parts so I did it for them myself.

Still wondering, will WPMI be turned on before the Olympics are over.

Probably so, in my case it was easier and quicker to go do the install myself than to attempt a game of CSR Roulette. :)

Still wondering, will WPMI be turned on before the Olympics are over.
No, and I will hate Dish and the local NBC affiliate forever because of it. I sent them both emails a month ago and ask them to please resolve the issue before the Olympics and neither one had the courtisey to answer my email. HATE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!FOREVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I never forget!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I thought on the charlie chat at one time that it would be free for existing customers with locals? Anybody else hear that?

Wasn't free for me, I had to re-up for 24 months to get it, but no install fee. I had only been a customer for 6 months previous to the HD locals going live in my area, so it wasn't a big deal.

Probably so, in my case it was easier and quicker to go do the install myself than to attempt a game of CSR Roulette. :)

Should have just called a local dealer Pepper.. NO CSR Roulette that way. One of the best I know is right near you in Creola.. I don't care to do the upgrades because it doesn't pay that well.. But most independents do. I will if they are close enough and I don't have to drive to far.

I was surprised to see 2 Oklahoma stations on 61.5, that is west of me here in SW Missouri. I wonder if this means that when Springfield MO. locals go up that they will be on the EA. Springfield is not in their schedule, but Joplin is before the end of the year. Joplin may be on the EA.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)