USA feed in Aruba

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

rpjrgod

Original poster
Oct 2, 2007
Hi
I have spoken to some local satellite install guys on the Island of Aruba and they think if I purchase a very large dish (somewhere from 5-6 meters) I would be able to pick up the US feeds. I own a large sports bar down there and we are begging for the USA feeds. Does anybody think this is possible or are they just trying me out as a crash test dummy. And if you think it is possible, where would I purchase a dish of this size. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Busters Garage

a 16 to 20 foot dish will set you back a lot of money.

It depends on what your looking for, diffrent satellites have diffrent footprints

as far as getting directv, im not sure you could get it there

RP it depends on what you want i see you posted this in dtv section so i 'll give you some info on dtv in aruba sat 110 and 119 of dtv(not dishnet) you can pick them up with a 1.8 m dish no problem even with a 1.2m you'll get signal on the other hand 101 is diffrent the 101 pos has 2 sat and not all transponder of this bird you'll receive .here i would recommend 2.4 m they are not cheap but it depends on what you want to see.

Thanks for everyones help. lupe are you saying with 2.4 m dish I would get all the transponders or just certain ones. We are looking for N*L package in hi def and the m*b package. Basically we are looking for any sports on d*v. d*v has very limited on LA and PR all help once again is appreciated.

Thanks
Busters Garage

When I stayed down there the hotel had dish network from the US, but they had Directv from Latin America. I think it would be tough to get the US Directv signal there, if even possible. I know Dish has less sports, but they did have it, although it went out quite a bit in the 3 days I was there.

rpj going to check this weekend to see on which transponder they have nfl and going to swing my 1.8 dish on 101 see which transponders comes in and i'll let you know.in the past i did have dtv but not hd only sd and they where working ok with a 1.8m

Thanks lupe any help is great. D*v pr only has a certain amount of games so getting the US feed would solve a lot of problems.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts