Using Dish Network at Apartment Complex with AT&T Home Entertainment Dish Network

jesse5534

Original poster
Jul 15, 2008
Hello.

I have a Dish Network DVR 522. I am still under contract. I recently moved to an apartment complex who initially told me they had "Dish Network" for TV and all the apartments were wired for it. Little did I know that it was not the real Dish Network, but AT&T Home Entertainment with Dish Network. AT&T Home Entertainment is a service for apartment complexes, it is different from AT&T Dish Network.

I tried hooking my 522 to the cable jack, and it did not work. Other people have gotten equipment from AT&T working normally. But because I have regular Dish Network, when I plugged it in, it did not work. I just kept hearing a weird sound.

Is it at all possible to get my 522 to work? I am not interested in paying a very hefty early termination fee. Plus, I will be paying much more for less channels if I switched to AT&T Home Entertainment (and it will still be though Dish Network).

I read around the forums, trying to figure this out. I kept seeing mentions of a q-box, but I am not sure what that is. Will it work? Where can I buy one?

I did find this: tech.dishnetwork.com/departmental_content/techportal/content/tech/equipment/qbox.shtml

(it's a website, I can't post links yet)

Thank you very much.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts