Using Dish Network at Apartment Complex with AT&T Home Entertainment Dish Network

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

jesse5534

Original poster
Jul 15, 2008
Hello.

I have a Dish Network DVR 522. I am still under contract. I recently moved to an apartment complex who initially told me they had "Dish Network" for TV and all the apartments were wired for it. Little did I know that it was not the real Dish Network, but AT&T Home Entertainment with Dish Network. AT&T Home Entertainment is a service for apartment complexes, it is different from AT&T Dish Network.

I tried hooking my 522 to the cable jack, and it did not work. Other people have gotten equipment from AT&T working normally. But because I have regular Dish Network, when I plugged it in, it did not work. I just kept hearing a weird sound.

Is it at all possible to get my 522 to work? I am not interested in paying a very hefty early termination fee. Plus, I will be paying much more for less channels if I switched to AT&T Home Entertainment (and it will still be though Dish Network).

I read around the forums, trying to figure this out. I kept seeing mentions of a q-box, but I am not sure what that is. Will it work? Where can I buy one?

I did find this: tech.dishnetwork.com/departmental_content/techportal/content/tech/equipment/qbox.shtml

(it's a website, I can't post links yet)

Thank you very much.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)