VBox vs GBox

Status
Please reply by conversation.

kelleyga

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 13, 2005
I had been using the VBox for long time. As most of you know it is not that good. Can some one give me any information (tested) about the GBox. I have a friend of mine that bought it and he says is better than the VBox, because it does not move more or less than it supposed to as the VBox does. The GBox he says will move the satellite to the exact point where you saved it.

Hey Kellyga and Anole,

I have been using my first VBox II since last Sept or so, and have not had a single problem with it. It starts and stops exactly where you set it to. It worked so well, I bought a second one about 3 months ago for my family's setup, and have had no trouble with it either.

I got my second VBox II just before the Gbox came out, so I can't comment on that one. Maybe someone else will.

Fred

Great, thanks for your answer. The VBox that I have is the first edition VBOX alone (I guess VBOX 1??). Several other guys here bought it too and we were all having problems with this VBOX as it will loose the ticks and move more or less to where it was supposed to move.

I just ordered the VBOX III DMS.

Thanks for your help guys.

I just bought a Vbox II a few weeks ago, and I like mine too. I haven't had any significant issues. I considered a Vbox III or Gbox, but the Vbox II outputs a little higher amperage current. I have a Von Weise actuator, but before I purchased I'd exchanged e-mails with Superjack tech support. I was looking at the original Vbox back then, and they said 3 amps was kind of minimal for moving a dish. Since the Vbox II is rated at 3.5/4.2, I figured it might be a little better.

Mike

. . just what I need - another remote! :rolleyes:
Toss it in a box and forget about it. The remote isn't really needed anyhow since you can manually adjust the position with the box, and then save your locations with your dvb receiver. I haven't used my remote since I set mine up. As a matter of fact, the mover isn't even located anywhere that I could utilize the remote (it's in my wiring closet)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)