VC2 signals left?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

turbosat

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Dec 26, 2006
Oneonta,AL
Tried out the old videocipher tonight in my GI650 ird, hasn't been hooked up in a long time, just to see if anything was still there. All I found was the weather channel on 131, of course it can't be subscribed any more but it still locked in on the signal. Found nothing on 125W - how long has the ESPN analog channels been gone? I missed out on that announcement.

I believe, that was last November(?). Plus or minus a month. I'd have to search around to pin it down. Think all that's left for VCII is the WX Ch.

Thanks, I don't read the c-band section often enough, I guess. Might be time to get rid of the vc2 module, but then it's not hurting anything by being in the receiver. Probably doesn't draw any current unless it is working on a vc2 channel anyway. Amazing those little batteries outlasted the technology.

Thanks, I don't read the c-band section often enough, I guess. Might be time to get rid of the vc2 module, but then it's not hurting anything by being in the receiver. Probably doesn't draw any current unless it is working on a vc2 channel anyway. Amazing those little batteries outlasted the technology.

turbo, you may want to consider removing the VC2 cartridge before it has a catastrophic failure of some sort. I remember seeing some pictures on here of just that, I think it was the VC2 unit's batteries that had exploded, quite a mess.

Yeah, even if that battery doesn't explode it could leak and make just about as much of a mess on the MOBO of the receiver. I removed my module some time ago.

I've seen the batteries go not a pretty site. Mine has been out of my 4D for almost a year.

Ok, I'm convinced, and reminded too, I think I saw pictures of leaking battery in a receiver someplace once. I will remove the things from both analog boxes just in case. I can win lotteries like that one all day, lol, so why chance it.
Thanks Aguilobo, I was disappointed when i found NOTHING on 125W - in the good old days there was only one spare TP on that location, for many years. But, there was stuff I liked to watch on there back then too.;

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts