Vertical/horzintal transponder.

Status
Please reply by conversation.
You are not giving us very much information about your setup here. I will assume a few things. We are talking about C-Band, not Ku. You are not using a polar rotor control polarity LNB. So I assume you are using a voltage switched LNBF. The LNBF needs around 18v DC to switch from Vertical (13v) to Horizontal (18v). So A good test would be to disconnect the LNBF at the dish and check the voltage on the coax at the dish to see if you indeed have 18v when your receiver is trying to see horizontal channels. If you do have proper voltage then, we might think the horizontal side of the LNBF is damaged. To check that , rotate the LNBF 90° so that the Horizontal channels will now appear as vertical ones and you won't see the Vertical ones you used to.

Reactions: TAZI MOHAMED
I do have a a/b slide switch. I ran to two tv. I took that out and put barrel connector in and checked each linkbox. I have signal on both vertical and horizontal. I also noticed it almost that time of year for sun outage. Shadow is almost directly on center plate.

Well maybe not. Horziontal keeps going in and out. I will check voltage. If voltage is good. I have the titanium lite lnb i will put on it and try it out.

Working on it. Think my skew might have got thrown off..my wife would kill me .if she knew i was up this high.
20180223_110310.jpg

Reactions: k.r.
Lol. I turned it around. Well got my skew adjusted. Both vertical and horziontal has been working for a few hours. Getting correct voltage also.
I dug the bottom feet of ladder in dirt. So it would not kick out.
I use to climb 100 foot poles to change out lights on athletic fields. Heights dont bother me.

Got to thinking guys. What makes a difference in which way the ladder faces? Ethier way the latches could kick out. By the way vertical and horziontal still working.
I know my dish is way up there. It was only way to get full arc. Woods totally surround my home.
I thought ahead installing it. I knew i would eventually have to work on lnb or something. I made sure i could at least reach the lnb with 40 foot ladder when its on 43.1 satellite.

You can't raise/lower the extension when its backward. Most ladder rungs have a flattened surface when turned the correct way. The brackets are not designed to handle stress from that direction. Probably more reasons I can't think of right now.

And the feet on the bottom are not designed to be backward.

You can't raise/lower the extension when its backward. Most ladder rungs have a flattened surface when turned the correct way. The brackets are not designed to handle stress from that direction. Probably more reasons I can't think of right now.
Well my extension ladder must have been built back wards. The way i had it set up in picture . The rope is out facing towards me.

You don't WANT the rope out facing toward you. Your feet can get tangled and make you fall. Go to the WERNER (my favorite ladder) or OSHA website. There you will learn more.

No, the rope is supposed to be on the inside.

I can't see if you have tall trees around you or not, but it looks like you could drop it down 3-4 feet and be able to work on it more easily.
I will get picture tomorrow of trees around me. If the rope is on inside of ladder rungs. I would have to reach through rungs to pull up. Anyways have a great evening guys.

I will get picture tomorrow of trees around me. If the rope is on inside of ladder rungs. I would have to reach through rungs to pull up. Anyways have a great evening guys.
You stand facing the right side and pull the rope with your right hand and pull the ladder up with your left. If you are left-handed - face the left side and reverse hands.

You stand facing the right side and pull the rope with your right hand and pull the ladder up with your left. If you are left-handed - face the left side and reverse hands.
Will check it tomorrow in sunlight. Maybe this ladder rope has been replaced wrong.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts