Vertical/horzintal transponder.

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Just flip the ladder over and you're good
The pivot feet of ladder will then be at top. This ladder maybe one of those friday built ladders. The guys who built it was tired and ready to go home. Anyways dont want to rant on about the ladder. Lol.

How do you manage to keep the pole that high at 90 degrees? I would think that the antenna weight will slope it a bit? I know it doesn’t have to do with the lnb issue but just wondering if it will cause it to loose signal strength

How do you manage to keep the pole that high at 90 degrees? I would think that the antenna weight will slope it a bit? I know it doesn’t have to do with the lnb issue but just wondering if it will cause it to loose signal strength
Its bolted to a 2x4 that runs along the rafters with 4 bolts and about 600lbs of concrete.

A schedule 40 pipe won't bend with a dish like that on it. The dish will flex before the pole will flex. But real high winds on the dish can put quite a load on the pole and tip it over like a big spruce tree. So it is good to have them firmly anchored up high as well as a heavy concrete base. I have an AJAK 15' up and kind of over did it. ;)

YardSep17 009.JPG
4-1/2" OD sch 40 concrete filled, 5' deep in a 12,000 lb concrete base anchored to the foundation of the house. Not going anywhere soon.
Rafter mount is a 3" U channel lag bolted to four rafters with 8 3" lag bolts.

Yeah no doubt!!! dl76 Dude that ladder is inside out! turn it around!

Yeah, and I would be greatly concerned about being on the top of that ladder. Way too much suspended in mid air. I hope that's a 300lb weight limit ladder and dl76 is light as a feather. That looks like an accident waiting to happen. :)

Yeah, and I would be greatly concerned about being on the top of that ladder. Way too much suspended in mid air. I hope that's a 300lb weight limit ladder and dl76 is light as a feather. That looks like an accident waiting to happen. :)
I thought about it. Only thing i could do is grab one of the four small rods connected to lnb. That might break my fall some. Might tear dish up. But got two other 10 foots i could replace with.

Reactions: wvman
I thought about it. Only thing i could do is grab one of the four small rods connected to lnb. That might break my fall some. Might tear dish up. But got two other 10 foots i could replace with.

I was always leary of ladders extending out too far, that's why I bought ladders rated at 300-350lb ratings. I hate wooden ladders. Nearly broke my neck on a 38 foot wooden ladder when a rung broke when I was carrying a bundle of shingles up the darn thing. I was young and lot quicker then or I would have hit the ground. Grabbing a feed leg probably wouldn't have worked out well unless you landed on the roof.

That sudden stop at the bottom hurts. :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.