VHF Lo Reception on VHF-Hi/UHF Designed Antennas

Discussion in 'Over the Air TV By RabbitEars.Info' started by TNGuy84, Apr 5, 2019.

1. andy_horton

andy_horton SatelliteGuys Pro

TNGuy84, by just pure chance, depending on where you are WFLI 53DT CW (Real 42) serves about to Scottsboro also reaches Fort Payne barely...with the repack, I believe all major Chattanooga majors broadcast from Signal Mountain TN..WFLI when the repack occurs is changing. Many viewpoints on frequency changes..all I know is when WDSI moved and dropped to RF 14, I went from barely getting it to mid 80's on my tuner split as well..without looking at power changes or whatever, was just wondering if that station is a possibility..It's licensed to Cleveland/Chattanooga but most major stations are within a few degrees of each other on Signal Mountain. Just an idea

2. TNGuy84

TNGuy84 Topic Starter SatelliteGuys Family

According to the FCC's website, the signal stops about 40 miles away from me, so it's probably not likely to work. I'm able to receive the Nashville CW affiliate, so I'm fine with that. Thanks for the help, though.

3. Wireless Engineer

Wireless Engineer SatelliteGuys Family

There are no short cuts or free lunch when it comes to antennas.
    The elements MUST be long enough to be a resonant length at the frequency needed.
    This means you need a 9 foot wide dipole to get channel 2
    or a 6 foot wide one to get channel 6.
    A folded dipole will allow these lengths to shrink a bit but you will still need a 5.5 foot folded dipole for channel 6.
    Trying to use a 32 inch wide vhf high antenna will never produce results
    unless you can literally see the transmitter.

NYDutch and charlesrshell like this.

Separate names with a comma.

More...