Video Game Deals

Green Man Gaming is selling Metro 2033 for $3.74 for 24 hours leading up to the release of Metro Last Light tomorrow. This is a series I have heard a lot about and it sounds very interesting to me. I had it in my gamefly queue because I wanted to play it before I play Last Light. At less than $4 I'll just buy it though. When you buy it from Green Man Gaming they just give you a steam activation code for the game.

http://www.greenmangaming.com/s/us/en/pc/games/action/metro-2033/

Green Man Gaming is selling Metro 2033 for $3.74 for 24 hours leading up to the release of Metro Last Light tomorrow. This is a series I have heard a lot about and it sounds very interesting to me. I had it in my gamefly queue because I wanted to play it before I play Last Light. At less than $4 I'll just buy it though. When you buy it from Green Man Gaming they just give you a steam activation code for the game.

http://www.greenmangaming.com/s/us/en/pc/games/action/metro-2033/
Almost as good as the last sale they had when they gave it away for free.

http://www.satelliteguys.us/threads/149436-Video-Game-Deals?p=3046331#post3046331

Steam just released System Shock 2 on their service, which is apparently one of the greatest games of all time if the internet is to be believed. It's discounted to $7 (down from $10) which makes it cheaper than it is on GoG, BUT (and this is a BIG BUT) in it's current form it doesn't support mods. You need to do some decent tweaking to get them to run right. If mods don't concern you then have at it. FYI, System Shock 2 is what Ken Levine worked on before the BioShock games, and it is considered very good in terms of survival horror. Again, I'm going on conjecture, but I trust the sources.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/238210/

Almost as good as the last sale they had when they gave it away for free.

http://www.satelliteguys.us/threads/149436-Video-Game-Deals?p=3046331#post3046331

That was really cool of them to give out the game just for a Facebook like. That was before my gaming PC so I couldn't take advantage of it but still $3.74 is a pretty sweet price for a full retail game.

This is one of the main reasons I built my PC. Yes it costs more to get a decent PC than a console but the sales and even the standard game prices are so much better. Plus the DLC in games like this and the left 4 dead series is free while you have to pay for it on Xbox live.

Posted Using The New SatelliteGuys Reader App!

That was really cool of them to give out the game just for a Facebook like. That was before my gaming PC so I couldn't take advantage of it but still $3.74 is a pretty sweet price for a full retail game.

This is one of the main reasons I built my PC. Yes it costs more to get a decent PC than a console but the sales and even the standard game prices are so much better. Plus the DLC in games like this and the left 4 dead series is free while you have to pay for it on Xbox live.

Yeah getting a PC definitely pays for itself more long term due to sales and not to mention games can use mods that greatly extend their life. They're also easier to update. Hell Team Fortress 2 is still getting many updates and that came out over 5 years ago. How many 360/PS3 exclusive online games still are being supported and have a robust player base after 5+ years?

I wish there were more Xbox 360 sales. I don't play PC games anymore.

Amazon is having a MASSIVE PC download sale from the 16th to the 31st. Some examples of deals are Bioshock 1 + 2 bundle for $5 (Yes, Bioshock 2 IS worth playing regardless of what critics say), 48 Game Sega Genesis pack for $5, Batman AA/AC GOTY edition bundle for $11.49, and tons of others, bundled and singles.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.ht...ie=UTF8&docId=1000716161&tag=cheapassgam08-20

Awesome. I'll check that out today. I already started playing through Bioshock 1 again since beating infinite but I have never played 2. I won't buy it here because I got it free from playstation plus a while back but I'm sure there is something there for me.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I wish there were more Xbox 360 sales. I don't play PC games anymore.

Yeah you won't find the same kind of deals on consoles often. Sony and Microsoft are too slow to drop their prices on games in their online stores. I find that I can usually buy the disk version of console games on amazon cheaper than they sell the downloadable version on console. A downloaded copy should never be more expensive than retail but it is pretty often on console.

They may be getting better about this now though. I remember a pretty big sale on Xbox live not too long ago. They have to see how well these sales are working for steam. If you give people great prices now and then to get them in your store they will be more likely to come back for future purchases.

PC is always cheaper for a couple reasons. First, a portion of every console game sold goes to Microsoft, Sony, or Nintendo as a licensing fee. That isn't the case on PC. That is why new release multiplatform games often release for $50 on PC and $60 on console day 1.

The other reason is choice. As cool as steam is they might not have the best price on whatever specific game you are looking for. On PC there is more than one digital store though. I have only had my PC for about 3 months and I have already bought games from Steam, Amazon, uPlay, GameStop, GameFly, and Green Man Gaming. The thing is every game I bought except for 2 just gave me a license key to download from Steam. You still get all the great features of Steam at a lower price. The exceptions were Far Cry 3 and Battlefield 3. Ubisoft and EA have their own game client so those games came with codes for uPlay and Origin instead of Steam.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

It's the great abundance of PC sales/deals that have definitely made me build up my PC gaming library significantly and left my 360 and PS3 collecting dust mostly as of late. I almost question whether or not to cut off my Gamefly subscription because I use it so rarely nowadays. You have to be REALLY patient to get deals on console games like you can on PC games, not to mention PC gamers get to look forward to at least 2 MASSIVE sales a year from various distributors like Steam and Amazon and Gamefly.

It's the great abundance of PC sales/deals that have definitely made me build up my PC gaming library significantly and left my 360 and PS3 collecting dust mostly as of late. I almost question whether or not to cut off my Gamefly subscription because I use it so rarely nowadays. You have to be REALLY patient to get deals on console games like you can on PC games, not to mention PC gamers get to look forward to at least 2 MASSIVE sales a year from various distributors like Steam and Amazon and Gamefly.

Not to mention the better visuals, performance, and more options. Most games are just better on PC.

I still use my consoles but it's mostly for the backlog of games I bought but haven't had a chance to play yet. Since I built my PC Gears of War Judgement is the only console game I have purchased. I am still using GameFly for console games since they don't rent PC games but I won't purchase another game for my PS3 or 360. I do plan to buy a PS4 but now that I see the game price difference I doubt I will buy games for it. I will probably own a select few and the rest of my PS4 games will come from GameFly.

The vast majority of my game purchases in the future will be on PC and they will be on sale. Since I am behind on so many games I want to play there are very few games I have to play on day 1 especially when I know most games go on sale very quickly.

Not to mention the better visuals, performance, and more options. Most games are just better on PC.

I still use my consoles but it's mostly for the backlog of games I bought but haven't had a chance to play yet. Since I built my PC Gears of War Judgement is the only console game I have purchased. I am still using GameFly for console games since they don't rent PC games but I won't purchase another game for my PS3 or 360. I do plan to buy a PS4 but now that I see the game price difference I doubt I will buy games for it. I will probably own a select few and the rest of my PS4 games will come from GameFly.

The vast majority of my game purchases in the future will be on PC and they will be on sale. Since I am behind on so many games I want to play there are very few games I have to play on day 1 especially when I know most games go on sale very quickly.

I won't argue that PC games look better, but I don't want to have to keep upgrading my PC to play the newest games. That is why I now play console games.

I won't argue that PC games look better, but I don't want to have to keep upgrading my PC to play the newest games. That is why I now play console games.

That is somewhat true. I just want to point something out though. I bought an AMD Radeon 7850 graphics card for about $200 when I built my PC in January. According to the news released just after the PS4 event Sony is using a custom AMD card that is equivalent to that exact model number.

Essentially I already have the same graphics card and amount of Ram(8GB) that will be in the PS4. I'm not sure how my AMD FX 6300 6 core processor stacks up to the one they are using but the point is my PC is probably pretty close to the PS4 hardware right now.

You're right. In a year or two I won't be able to play all the newest games at the highest settings like I can now unless I upgrade my graphics card and add some more Ram. I'm sure I will do this at some point within the next two years but I should be able to play any game that comes out for PS4 at around the PS4's level of performance without upgrading anything since I have the same hardware already.

You only have to keep upgrading if you want your keep playing the newest games at the highest possible level of fidelity. Also I'd argue that overall you can play more games because PC users also have a massive category of older games to choose from as well. Stores like Steam and GoG have older games from previous generations available at great prices, while console gaming as of late has been all about removing backwards compatibility in hopes that you'll either hold on to your old machine or re-buy the games so they'll work on the latest console.

The whole PC vs Console topic is a good one, but I don't think it should monopolize this deals thread. If further discussion is warranted then make a new thread about it. After all, if there's one thing this section of the site needs, it's more content.

Back OT: Borderlands 2 is on sale on Steam for $13.59 this weekend only. http://store.steampowered.com/app/49520/

Last edited:
Steam is selling the Mass Effect collection for $9.99. This is my favorite franchise of this console generation. For whatever reason this doesn't include Mass Effect 3 so the title of this bundle is a little misleading. I was all set to pick this up and play through it all over again on my PC until I saw that ME3 isn't included. This is still a pretty good deal and if you still haven't played ME or ME2 you really need to. Just be aware that the Mass Effect "Collection" on steam is not the full trilogy.

http://store.steampowered.com/sub/18260/

Steam is selling the Mass Effect collection for $9.99. This is my favorite franchise of this console generation. For whatever reason this doesn't include Mass Effect 3 so the title of this bundle is a little misleading. I was all set to pick this up and play through it all over again on my PC until I saw that ME3 isn't included. This is still a pretty good deal and if you still haven't played ME or ME2 you really need to. Just be aware that the Mass Effect "Collection" on steam is not the full trilogy.

Reminds me of when Konami released Metal Gear and Silent Hill "Collections" and omitted the 1st game in their respective editions because they couldn't convert the PS1 graphics to HD. Apparently no one at Konami thought that it may just be a good idea to include the games as they were...

So I was just looking through the Amazon sale that yourbeliefs mentioned earlier. They have Mass Effect 3 for $5.99.
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0064TYOLW/?tag=satell01-20

So you can get the Mass Effect "Collection" from Steam plus ME 3 and get the whole trilogy for $16.00. I am going to take advantage of this one myself even though I have already played them all.

If you prefer to do the whole thing through Amazon it comes out to the same price.
ME1 $4.99
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00477472Y/?tag=satell01-20

ME2 $4.99
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B001TORSII/?tag=satell01-20

Plus ME3 for $5.99 which is linked at the top of this post. Either way it is $16 for the best gaming trilogy ever in my opinion.

Reminds me of when Konami released Metal Gear and Silent Hill "Collections" and omitted the 1st game in their respective editions because they couldn't convert the PS1 graphics to HD. Apparently no one at Konami thought that it may just be a good idea to include the games as they were...
Apparently Konami is going by the "Keep trying until you get it right!" motto... They're releasing ANOTHER Metal Gear Solid collection.. this time with freaking EVERYTHING.. including #4..

http://kotaku.com/yet-another-metal-gear-solid-collection-is-coming-to-ps-477221103

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 6)

Latest posts