Video Game Deals

https://www.humblebundle.com/

Teleglitch: Die More Edition is currently available for free on Humble. It says you have to redeem on Steam by 11/25. I don't know much about the game but if you have a Steam account you may as well pick it up while it's free.

Free PS4 Plus Games for Dec - Jan have been announced.

December: Injustice: Gods Among Us Ultimate Edition and Secret Ponchos
January: inFAMOUS First Light and The Swapper

From the blog post, it looks like Injustice is to make up for the DriveClub fiasco, as it was supposed to be the first AAA title for PS4 in the IGC.

Free PS4 Plus Games for Dec - Jan have been announced.

December: Injustice: Gods Among Us Ultimate Edition and Secret Ponchos
January: inFAMOUS First Light and The Swapper

From the blog post, it looks like Injustice is to make up for the DriveClub fiasco, as it was supposed to be the first AAA title for PS4 in the IGC.

Cool. I'm glad to see the AAA games start hitting the service. I'll definitely play Injustice again on PS4. The story was short but fun. I'll run through it for some trophies and try out some other game modes.

I already bought inFamous First Light but I think it was a good move to add this one. inFamous is still the biggest exclusive to hit the PS4 so far. This will give people a taste of it without giving away the entire game for free. After all, people need at least a couple exclusives available to buy when they get their new PS4 over the holidays.

I hear really good things about The Swapper. I have it on PC but didn't start it yet because there wasn't controller support. I don't mind some games with a mouse and keyboard and I'm even getting a little better with first person shooters but for most quick twitch games I'm much more comfortable with a controller.

Cool. I'm glad to see the AAA games start hitting the service. I'll definitely play Injustice again on PS4. The story was short but fun. I'll run through it for some trophies and try out some other game modes.

I already bought inFamous First Light but I think it was a good move to add this one. inFamous is still the biggest exclusive to hit the PS4 so far. This will give people a taste of it without giving away the entire game for free. After all, people need at least a couple exclusives available to buy when they get their new PS4 over the holidays.

I hear really good things about The Swapper. I have it on PC but didn't start it yet because there wasn't controller support. I don't mind some games with a mouse and keyboard and I'm even getting a little better with first person shooters but for most quick twitch games I'm much more comfortable with a controller.

It's quite unprecedented for Sony to announce free Plus games this far out. It's almost as if they knew I was seriously looking into getting an Xbox One instead of a PS4 this holiday season. lol I would actually jump on First Light right away even if it spoils some of Second Son, though my understanding is it really doesn't. I also have my eye on the Swapper, but I'd probably pass on Injustice since that looks like a fighting game.

In other deal news, some tempting offerings in this week's Warner Bros. sale on the PSN. I'm a sucker for LEGO games, and I've been wanting to check out LOTR and $5.39 is too good to pass up. Also a great deal on LEGO Marvel Superheroes for PS4 ($8.09).

Is the play and charge kit essential with an X1 if you don't have a second controller? Or is it like the PS4 controller that can be connected to the console with the included charging cable while still playing if it runs out of juice?

Is the play and charge kit essential with an X1 if you don't have a second controller? Or is it like the PS4 controller that can be connected to the console with the included charging cable while still playing if it runs out of juice?

The Xbox One just uses standard AA batteries out of the box just like the 360 controller did. I strongly prefer the built in rechargeable battery the PS3 and PS4 use. The first thing I did when I got my Xbox One was to add a play and charge kit to my order. The play and charge kit is simply a rechargeable battery pack and a usb charging cable. It does feel a little cheap that you have to buy this separately.

However the Xbox One controller with play and charge kit lasts much longer than the PS4s built in battery. I typically only get 6-8 hours out of my PS4 controller. The Xbox One is closer to 30.

The play and charge kit also comes with a much longer usb cable than the PS4. I think it's about 10 feet long. The PS4 cord isn't long enough for me to charge while playing from my seating position. The Xbox One cable is long enough to plug in when the battery gets low and keep playing.

Luckily both systems' controllers use the same USB and both systems charge while turned off. I just leave the long cable plugged into my Xbox One all the time and it's able to charge my PS4 controller while I'm using it. This came in handy for the long play session I took part in with my buddies for the COD: Advanced Warfare launch a couple days ago.

The Xbox One just uses standard AA batteries out of the box just like the 360 controller did. I strongly prefer the built in rechargeable battery the PS3 and PS4 use. The first thing I did when I got my Xbox One was to add a play and charge kit to my order. The play and charge kit is simply a rechargeable battery pack and a usb charging cable. It does feel a little cheap that you have to buy this separately.

However the Xbox One controller with play and charge kit lasts much longer than the PS4s built in battery. I typically only get 6-8 hours out of my PS4 controller. The Xbox One is closer to 30.

The play and charge kit also comes with a much longer usb cable than the PS4. I think it's about 10 feet long. The PS4 cord isn't long enough for me to charge while playing from my seating position. The Xbox One cable is long enough to plug in when the battery gets low and keep playing.

Luckily both systems' controllers use the same USB and both systems charge while turned off. I just leave the long cable plugged into my Xbox One all the time and it's able to charge my PS4 controller while I'm using it. This came in handy for the long play session I took part in with my buddies for the COD: Advanced Warfare launch a couple days ago.

Thanks for the explanation. I guess the play and charge kit is pretty essential from a convenience and environmental standpoint if I don't want to be constantly replacing the AAs. For my DS4 that I use with my PS3, I have a USB extension cord to reach my seating position since there is no battery low warning on the PS3.

Last edited:
Target's Black Friday deals have been announced. They actually have a number of decent deals. A good list of the deals are here:

http://blackfriday.gottadeal.com/BlackFridayScans/Target/7

The best one IMO is the deal on the Xbox One. You can get a AC: Unity Bundle for $329, PLUS a $50 Target gift card. I doubt that one will last long, so you'd better be ready at 6pm on Thanksgiving if you want it.

Target's Black Friday deals have been announced. They actually have a number of decent deals. A good list of the deals are here:

http://blackfriday.gottadeal.com/BlackFridayScans/Target/7

The best one IMO is the deal on the Xbox One. You can get a AC: Unity Bundle for $329, PLUS a $50 Target gift card. I doubt that one will last long, so you'd better be ready at 6pm on Thanksgiving if you want it.

That might mean $329 will be the going online price from various retailers over BF, with or without any extras. Leaving my home for a BF deal is not an option. They could be handing out free consoles and I wouldn't do it. lol

Yeah you couldn't pay me to go out on Black Friday, especially not one that takes place on a Thursday. But for those who don't mind braving it I figured I'd bring it up. If I was desperate I might go for that since I have a Target less than 5 minutes from my house so I frequently shop there, but really the last thing I feel like doing on ANY day is getting into a physical altercation with someone over a gaming console. I thought us gamers were constantly trying to convey the message that gaming does NOT cause people to be violent..

I won't fight the Black Friday crowds either. I do usually head out to my local Best Buy or Target around 10:00 or 11:00am on Black Friday though. By then all the crazy people that got there at 4:00am are long gone and the items I'm looking for aren't usually the big door busters anyways. Usually all the game and Blu-ray deals are still available then and the crowd is just a little busier than a normal day at the store.

Now, someone looking for these console deals might not be able to get away with that but if you are just looking for games it will probably work. This is the case in my area anyways.

Edit: I just had a chance to actually look at that scan. Shadow of Mordor for $25 immediately stands out to me. I was going to wait for a Steam sale and pick that up on PC but I will check out the stores once the crowds die on Black Friday. If it's still available at that price I'll snag it.

$35 for Diablo 3: Ultimate Evil Edition on the new consoles is a pretty good deal too.

Last edited:
http://store.steampowered.com/app/241600/

Rogue Legacy is the Steam daily deal at $2.99. This is a game I have been playing over the last several months when I have 15 or 20 minutes to kill. Sometimes I make the mistake of thinking I will play 20 minutes before bed and then and hour flies by. This is one of the bigger indies so I'm sure you've heard of it by now but I recommend it at that price.

Best Buy will have the X1 AC Unity Bundle with Kinect and an extra controller for $429 on BF. It's in their "Doorbusters" BF ad, but the page also says "shop online all day on BestBuy.com."

Digging deeper into this ad, it looks like there will be an X1 Unity bundle w/o Kinect or an extra controller for $329 and a PS4 bundle with GTA5 and Last of Us for $399. The latter looks like the standard BF PS4 deal Sony is making available to the major retailers as they've done in years past for the PS3 and Vita.

Walmart released their BF ad. Looks like they're getting a MCC bundle (not a "true" bundle, just a kinect-less Xbox with a copy of MCC) for $329. And it's in their 1 hour guarantee (basically if you show up when they open and they don't have it they give you a rain check.) Still, even something like that would not be enough for me to head to a Walmart on Thanksgiving. There's a few other game deals in there as well.

http://blackfriday.gottadeal.com/BlackFridayScans/WalMart

Also GOG is having a big fall sale. Hourly flash giveaways,

http://www.gog.com

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 6)