Video Game Deals

http://store.steampowered.com/app/241930/

Shadow of Mordor is the Steam daily deal. Unfortunately it's only 25% off at $37.49. With all the Black Friday deals showing it at $25 for PS4 I won't buy it above that price. It's not like I have time to play it right now with MCC, Advanced Warfare, and Dragon Age anyways. I'm hoping to get it even cheaper than that from Steam during their holiday sale.

http://www.gamefly.com/Store/#axzz3Irwi1lBA

Gamefly is having a used games sale across all consoles. I just picked up Forza 5 for $13.49 and after my $5 member coupon I only paid $8.49. I'm still looking through other deals. Titanfall at $16.19 for Xbox One is pretty nice too if you don't already have it.

I didn't think about it at the time but I should have taken advantage of Target's current buy 2 get 1 free deal. I bought Advanced Warfare and Halo in the last 2 weeks. That would have gotten me Dragon Age for free.

I wanted those games digitally because they are both games I will be going back to constantly for a long time. Not having to switch out discs is a nice advantage for digital copies. Still, I would have went retail to get a huge game like Dragon Age for free.

Yeah a number of people seem to be taking advantage of that deal at my local Target. Many of their endcaps were low to empty with popular games. Still, I'm mainly holding back because my game list is big enough for now, and if I'm just patient I'll likely get them for cheaper. Halo MCC was free due to gift cards and AC: Unity was free as a bundle, and I still have SSB and WWE 2K15 coming soon, as well as Shadows of Mordor and Sunset Overdrive in my queue to hopefully be shipped when available.

Polygon has put together a chart of all the console deals and their vendors for BF.

http://www.polygon.com/2014/11/14/7...iday-3ds-ps4-xbox-one-and-wii-u-console-deals

Cool chart. I'd be all over the PS4 bundle with LBP3 and LEGO Batman 3 if I didn't have to go in-store at Toys R Us, pretty much THE last place on this planet I would want to be on Black Friday. I guess my only other option is the bundle with Last of Us and GTA5 and then figure out a way to get something decent for GTA5, though I'm sure eBay will be flooded with codes in the week after Black Friday.

I am leaning back toward the PS4 side of things after Unity turned out to be such a disaster, though I haven't completely ruled out an X1 bundle. Part of it will be determined by whether I land a big project in the next week, as things have been a bit slow on the work front the past two months.

There was a time when I would have been all over that. I liked BL1 and I REALLY liked BL2. After seeing how much DLC they put in these games and how often 2K had BL2: GOTY Edition available at ridiculously low prices I'm going to wait. The base games are already pretty big but DLC seems to be about half the game in this series. I'll wait until I can get a GOTY edition for $20-$30.

Also, it's kind of ridiculous that just about everything gets a GOTY edition. There has to be a better name for these game plus DLC packages. Surely, most of the games that offer a GOTY edition aren't close to game of the year worthy.

There was a time when I would have been all over that. I liked BL1 and I REALLY liked BL2. After seeing how much DLC they put in these games and how often 2K had BL2: GOTY Edition available at ridiculously low prices I'm going to wait. The base games are already pretty big but DLC seems to be about half the game in this series. I'll wait until I can get a GOTY edition for $20-$30.

Also, it's kind of ridiculous that just about everything gets a GOTY edition. There has to be a better name for these game plus DLC packages. Surely, most of the games that offer a GOTY edition aren't close to game of the year worthy.
I suppose GOTY Edition sounds better than "YWSTITBVOTG" (You Waited So This Is The Best Version Of The Game) Edition.

Same here. Part of the problem I've experienced going back to play BL1/2 DLC after beating the game (I wait sometimes a year later until the DLC goes on sale ) is my character never seems to be at the right level. I'm either way overleveled or underleveled. Some of the BL2 DLC was a bit better in that regard, as enemies leveled with you. Unfortunately, because they continually leveled with me as I played through the DLC, I could never level up so I could beat tougher enemies more easily. I'd much rather play the DLC as part of the game's normal mission structure.

I suppose GOTY Edition sounds better than "YWSTITBVOTG" (You Waited So This Is The Best Version Of The Game) Edition.

I guess with hundreds of gaming publications and websites, if a game won just one GOTY award, the publisher feels entitled to market it as such. Oddly, Bioshock Infinite, which won over 40 GOTY awards, including several from major news outlets, is marketing its complete edition as just that: "Complete Edition."

Same here. Part of the problem I've experienced going back to play BL1/2 DLC after beating the game (I wait sometimes a year later until the DLC goes on sale ) is my character never seems to be at the right level. I'm either way overleveled or underleveled. Some of the BL2 DLC was a bit better in that regard, as enemies leveled with you. Unfortunately, because they continually leveled with me as I played through the DLC, I could never level up so I could beat tougher enemies more easily. I'd much rather play the DLC as part of the game's normal mission structure.

I guess with hundreds of gaming publications and websites, if a game won just one GOTY award, the publisher feels entitled to market it as such. Oddly, Bioshock Infinite, which won over 40 GOTY awards, including several from major news outlets, is marketing its complete edition as just that: "Complete Edition."

Gearbox also turned me off a bit with the way they handled BL2. I preordered the game and the season pass on day 1. I later found out that the season pass didn't include all the DLC. There were character classes and playable content that you had to pay separately for. I went to play the seasonal Halloween stuff they added and found out I had to buy it separately. The same thing happened when I wanted to try a playthrough as Kreig. If I am going to pay up front for a season pass before you even announce what the DLC will be you better give me all the DLC.

If I see the game and season pass together for around $25 in the Steam Holiday Sale I will probably buy it. Outside of that I'm waiting for a "GOTY" or complete edition.

Gearbox also turned me off a bit with the way they handled BL2. I preordered the game and the season pass on day 1. I later found out that the season pass didn't include all the DLC. There were character classes and playable content that you had to pay separately for. I went to play the seasonal Halloween stuff they added and found out I had to buy it separately. The same thing happened when I wanted to try a playthrough as Kreig. If I am going to pay up front for a season pass before you even announce what the DLC will be you better give me all the DLC.

If I see the game and season pass together for around $25 in the Steam Holiday Sale I will probably buy it. Outside of that I'm waiting for a "GOTY" or complete edition.

The BL2 season pass was a total gip. I bought it anyway a couple months ago on sale for $15, since the GOTY version was still around $30 and didn't include everything either.
The Pre-Sequel season pass, however, is supposed to include all DLC ever released, including new playable characters. Not sure about the Slaughter Pit pre-order bonus, though.

Reactions: king3pj
http://www.amazon.com/b/ref=br_imp?..._p=1978124842&pf_rd_i=desktop&tag=satell01-20

Amazon has a few PS4/Xbox One games on flash sale at $29.96. I'm not sure how long this deal will last but the games offered at that price are Madden 15, FIFA 15, NBA 2k15, Watch Dogs, and The Evil Within.

Edit: I looked again and the deal is only good until 5:00 Eastern. Not sure if this will help anyone because there is less than an hour left.

Edit 2: Wolfenstein is also available at that price for PS4/Xbox One.

I just purchased Madden 15 during the flash sale. I only had 14 minutes so I thought it was worth taking advantage of. I need to start a collection for my new PS4 coming from Dish.

http://www.amazon.com/b/ref=br_imp?..._p=1978124842&pf_rd_i=desktop&tag=satell01-20

Amazon has a few PS4/Xbox One games on flash sale at $29.96. I'm not sure how long this deal will last but the games offered at that price are Madden 15, FIFA 15, NBA 2k15, Watch Dogs, and The Evil Within.

Edit: I looked again and the deal is only good until 5:00 Eastern. Not sure if this will help anyone because there is less than an hour left.

Edit 2: Wolfenstein is also available at that price for PS4/Xbox One.

If it's anything like last year, this week's worth of BF Lightning Deals will see many repeated deals, especially for those items that aren't 100% claimed. So if you miss these, just keep monitoring Amazon Lightning Deals page. You can see what's coming up later in the day and plan accordingly.

If it's anything like last year, this week's worth of BF Lightning Deals will see many repeated deals, especially for those items that aren't 100% claimed. So if you miss these, just keep monitoring Amazon Lightning Deals page. You can see what's coming up later in the day and plan accordingly.

The first online retailer to offer the $25 price on Shadow of Mordor I have seen leaked from many stores for $25 gets my money. I'm also looking for <$30 pricing on Dragon Age Inquisition and Far Cry 4 but I'm not sure they will get discounted that fast.

I do wish Sony and Microsoft would price match some of these games in their digital stores. Even Microsoft, who is advertising Black Friday deals for their store on retail copies isn't matching those prices on their digital Xbox Marketplace. That makes no sense to me, especially because they were the ones who wanted to switch consoles to digital over retail. I can order a retail copy of The Evil Within directly from Microsoft for $24.99 but the digital copy is full price.

One of the things I wanted to do with this generation was limit my retail copies and try to stick to digital as much as possible. I'm just not willing to pay more to do it. I just got rid of an entire bookshelf of 360/PS3 game cases last summer. The last thing I want to do is start collecting blue and green cases all over again. Plus I like the convenience of just launching games without having to look for the case of the game I'm removing and then look for the case of the game I want to play. Everything being digital on PC kind of spoiled me.

The first online retailer to offer the $25 price on Shadow of Mordor I have seen leaked from many stores for $25 gets my money. I'm also looking for <$30 pricing on Dragon Age Inquisition and Far Cry 4 but I'm not sure they will get discounted that fast.

I do wish Sony and Microsoft would price match some of these games in their digital stores. Even Microsoft, who is advertising Black Friday deals for their store on retail copies isn't matching those prices on their digital Xbox Marketplace. That makes no sense to me, especially because they were the ones who wanted to switch consoles to digital over retail. I can order a retail copy of The Evil Within directly from Microsoft for $24.99 but the digital copy is full price.

One of the things I wanted to do with this generation was limit my retail copies and try to stick to digital as much as possible. I'm just not willing to pay more to do it. I just got rid of an entire bookshelf of 360/PS3 game cases last summer. The last thing I want to do is start collecting blue and green cases all over again. Plus I like the convenience of just launching games without having to look for the case of the game I'm removing and then look for the case of the game I want to play. Everything being digital on PC kind of spoiled me.

I think Shadow of Mordor for $25 is entirely possible if not likely, but I doubt we'll see Dragon Age or FC4 for less than $40 over the next week. Shadow of Mordor and Dragon Age are high on my list too, and I'm oddly drawn to Evil Within, though I don't typically go for gory survival horror that isn't set in Rapture.

One reason I heard that Sony and MS can't sell digital titles for much less on a regular basis, in spite of the significantly lower cost of distribution for digital (especially for newer titles), is that they can't undercut their big box retail partners without risking losing their support and customer base.

Microsoft changing XBox Live Gold plan

ps4 Question

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 6)