Video Game Deals

I think Shadow of Mordor for $25 is entirely possible if not likely, but I doubt we'll see Dragon Age or FC4 for less than $40 over the next week. Shadow of Mordor and Dragon Age are high on my list too, and I'm oddly drawn to Evil Within, though I don't typically go for gory survival horror that isn't set in Rapture.

One reason I heard that Sony and MS can't sell digital titles for much less on a regular basis, in spite of the significantly lower cost of distribution for digital (especially for newer titles), is that they can't undercut their big box retail partners without risking losing their support and customer base.

Well I can already keep the "Used" copy of Dragon Age I just got from Gamefly for $40 so I have a little hope still. I put the quotations around used because I am the first person to rent this copy of the game from them and if I choose to keep it they will send me the original case with all included contents.

I'm positive I will be able to get Shadow of Mordor for $25. I know for sure at least Target and Best Buy have leaked that price for Black Friday. I'm confident I will be able to get it from Amazon or another website too. I just wish I could buy a digital copy for that price.

I understand that they can't offer that price permanently on a digital copy. However, when all the major retailers including Microsoft's physical stores are advertising it at that price they aren't really undercutting anyone. I'm not sure why they couldn't price match Black Friday deals on their digital games for one day.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1416690970.041736.jpg

I think most of us suspected that Steam would be taking part in the Black Friday craziness again. This email I just received from PayPal confirms that the Steam Fall Sale runs from 11/26 to 12/1.

That's very tempting because it's the best Black Friday price I have seen advertised and there is no waiting in line required. You can order online now and be done with it. I'm confident that Steam will at least match that price in the Fall Sale this weekend since everyone seems to be offering it for $25. Since I prefer digital I'll wait to see what Steam does. There is also the chance that Sony and Microsoft have digital Black Friday sales. I'm pretty sure Microsoft did last year.

That's very tempting because it's the best Black Friday price I have seen advertised and there is no waiting in line required. You can order online now and be done with it. I'm confident that Steam will at least match that price in the Fall Sale this weekend since everyone seems to be offering it for $25. Since I prefer digital I'll wait to see what Steam does. There is also the chance that Sony and Microsoft have digital Black Friday sales. I'm pretty sure Microsoft did last year.
Looks like it is in store pickup only. There are not many Kmarts left and the only one that it gives me the option of with my zip code is about 40 mins each way. Not worth it for that.

Looks like it is in store pickup only. There are not many Kmarts left and the only one that it gives me the option of with my zip code is about 40 mins each way. Not worth it for that.

I wonder if you could get Walmart or BestBuy to pricematch a Kmart that's a little out of the way. Living in a major metropolitan area, the nearest one for me now is 10 miles away. I didn't realize the 3 closest Kmarts closed on me -- but perhaps therein lies the issue. The last time I was in one, I remember thinking how much more their prices were compared to Walmart and even Target, which were in the same shopping area.

Reactions: fhsucade07
Green Man Gaming is having a 25% off sale on basically everything, including new releases. Use promo code 1MZ9FW-H92JSD-2CT74F

http://www.greenmangaming.com/

Hmm... Far Cry 4 for $45? I think it's interesting that they are still giving out uPlay codes instead of Steam codes even though uPlay is no longer selling games. I suppose less DRM is better but I don't want my only record of a purchase tied to a DRM service that may be shut down in the near future. To be clear, there has been no indication that uPlay will be shut down but if they are no longer selling games I'm not sure why they would want to keep it running.

If that was the only game on my list I'd jump on it at that price. I'm currently pretty focused on Dragon Age and I'm still putting in time with Halo, Advanced Warfare, Forza 5, and Diablo 3. I'm also going to be picking up Shadow of Mordor in the next few days. I guess I should be realistic and wait until I have time for Far Cry 4 this Spring. By then it should be available at a pretty good price.

http://www.xbox.com/en-us/black-friday/xbox-one-games

Remember my rants about wanting Black Friday deals from Sony and Microsoft on digital copies? Well it looks like Microsoft is going to be doing just that. Their pre Black Friday digital deals are live now and according to Major Nelson more will be added Friday. Most of these deals won't blow you away but some of them are pretty decent. I will probably pick up Peggle 2 for $4.99. Hopefully they are saving the good stuff for Friday.

Edit: They also have a ton of 360 deals. I blocked that section out because I no longer have my 360.
http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/promotion/black-friday-xbox-360-games

Microsoft changing XBox Live Gold plan

ps4 Question

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 6)

Latest posts