ViP 622 & 722 Running Bug Thread

Well, I took the suggestion and when watching my OTA channels to lower the reception % to around 70ish in hopes that it would stop pixelating. Well, that didn't work. It pixelates just as much at 70% as it did when I was getting reception at 95%. Something is obviously wrong here as my 942 was perfect in this aspect...I may have to call and see what Dish says about this.

622 Composite video problem

After hooking up my 622 I found that there was no composite video/audio out on TV1 or TV2. All other outputs were working.

After going to Setup-HDsetup and changing the 720p to 480i the composite video started working.

Went back to Setup-HDsetup and again set 720p. The composite video continued to work. I have no idea why this fixed the composite video problem.:rolleyes:

ViP 622 video is posterized after system standby

I have my 622 connected to an Olevia Syntax 32" LCD using the 622's HDMI connection (TV is DVI - using a Phillips HDMI to DVI cable). I try to keep the TV turned off when not in use. The 622 goes into standby after a period of inactivity. When I eventually turn the TV back on, the screen flickers for a second and the video ends up looking posterized. I have to turn off the TV and turn it back on in order to get a correct video image - sometimes as many as 4 times before the video looks correct. I'm going to try connecting the 622 to the LCD using the component connection and see if it still happens, but I would rather keep using the HDMI connection. I had a Scientific Atlanta HD box before the 622 and never had this problem, so it seems like it's a problem with the 622 and not my LCD. I have disabled the system inactivity feature on the 622, but it still does it. Anyone else getting this problem?

scott78945 said:
Well, I took the suggestion and when watching my OTA channels to lower the reception % to around 70ish in hopes that it would stop pixelating. Well, that didn't work. It pixelates just as much at 70% as it did when I was getting reception at 95%. Something is obviously wrong here as my 942 was perfect in this aspect...I may have to call and see what Dish says about this.
Somebody didn't put the 10dB attenuator on your OTA cable did they?

apparently the latest L360rbdd-n software does not allow my OTA local channel guide info to show up. or at least thats what the advanced technical support says. anyone else have a problem like this.

diat150 said:
apparently the latest L360rbdd-n software does not allow my OTA local channel guide info to show up. or at least thats what the advanced technical support says. anyone else have a problem like this.

Nope!

Ok, a new bug - at least for me.

All of a sudden the audio on Tuner 1 stopped working. Tuner 2 was fine; I use a Dolby Digital Audio Receiver for audio. Checked the plugs, all was fine. I also use HDMI to the TV, and turned up the audio on the tv (which I normally do not use) and nothing.

So I did a soft reboot; that solved the problem.

I have never had this happen before. Have others encountered anything like this?

michaelgizzi said:
Ok, a new bug - at least for me.

All of a sudden the audio on Tuner 1 stopped working. Tuner 2 was fine; I use a Dolby Digital Audio Receiver for audio. Checked the plugs, all was fine. I also use HDMI to the TV, and turned up the audio on the tv (which I normally do not use) and nothing.

So I did a soft reboot; that solved the problem.

I have never had this happen before. Have others encountered anything like this?
If it only happens once, it is not considered a bug. If it reoccurrs it may be a bug.

Jim5506 said:
If it only happens once, it is not considered a bug. If it reoccurrs it may be a bug.

If it is not a bug, what is it? Normal operating behavior?

Has anyone else had this behavior happen?

I had a certain show that I recorded for two weeks that I had no audio on what so ever on tuner 1. IT turned out that I had the alternative audio set for Alternative instead of English. This was blanking out when I tried to watch and listen to the 4400 on USA channel. I found it out by accident when the Dish tech on the phone and myself were going through all the menus and reseting everything.

Here's a bug I have noticed recently. The Swap button only alternates between two of the three tuners, either one Sat tuner and OTA, or the two Sat tuners. I think it should actually alternate between all three of them. (single mode)

It won't alternate between all 3. It has always been like this (even with the 942). It will just swap to whatever tuner was active if you hit PIP.

I've had it for only 3 days!
622 Software L3.60
Dish 1000 (110, 119, 129) Dish 500 (148)
Dual mode

Picture on TV1 (HDTV) will disappear; there's sound and guide still. TV2 works fine. I need to power it down in order to get it back To TV1. I noticed that the last time it happened I had left the tuner in my OTA PBS station. Sounds similar to the problem I used to have with the 811. This has already happened THREE times in a single day!

Called technical support and they say it's a software problem and they're working on it...

Had a weird bug yesterday. Watching a recorded show, discovered that the skip-fwd, skip-back, fast-fwd and rewind buttons had all become "jump-some-random-place-in-the-program" buttons. Very frustrating.

I would try to skip a commercial break and it would skip ahead an hour. Try to rewind and it would start rewinding from 20 minutes further ahead than where I started. Press rewind again and it would skip even further ahead and start rewinding.

I have to guess it was something corrupt in the recording because the behavior survived a complete reboot and I didn't encounter it again on any other recording.

622 and closed captioning

Hello all,

I have not read anything on this problem

I had my 622 hooked up about two weeks ago and have I have problems with my CC.

I had a 510 hooked up on the same TV so I doubt the TV is the problem

My CC stopped working on some channels when the 622 was hooked up

on the following channels my CC is behind by about 3 lines

all the history and biography channels
Ewam
most of the Spanish channels

They were working fine before the 622 was hooked up and these channels work fine on my other two 510 DVRs

I did call tech support and they switched out my DVR for a new one. I hooked it up yesterday and I still have the same problem

any suggestions?

Since L3.60 I seem to notice that with HDLILs that when I use the skip forward 30 sec button it put up a second of pixelated / or blgreen blotched sceen as if it is not synced up with its data stream. Happens about 75%+ of the time now. Never noticed it before L3.60 and have done hard reset, even left receiver unplugged for 15 minutes.

I am finding periods of jerkiness in both SD and HD reception. Funny, I didn't notice any of that for the 3-4 weeks I had the receiver before the L3.60 update...

It doesn't seem to last too long -- I have been able to get it to stop by simply turning the receiver off and on again. However, it may have corrected itself in the time it took me to turn it off and on again...

Update 8/22/06 -- the jerkiness continues...

Update 8/24/06 -- the jerkiness continues more often... but I believe it is mostly on SD channels, particularly on the Fox L.A. RSN's. Now I am wondering if there is something wrong with my 622!

Last edited:
having some issues with a recording. kinda like the poster a few posts up. anytime I hit fast forward it jumps 2 minutes ahead basically screwing up the fast forward function. tried rebooting and still didnt correct. even when I rewind it jumps forward 2 minutes. pissed me off big time because I needed to transfer some video onto my computer and I cant use rewind or fast forward. grrrr.

Is this still stickied?

Anyway, I have weird issues with 622 timers. If the same program comes on the same channel at different times, attempting to set more than one timer on the program causes one timer to never go off and show up with the red X in the guide.

For example, the Today show comes on here from 7-9am and then the third hour is from 10-11am. I cannot record the third hour.

This running bug thread should die. Dish is never going to fix anything right. Just continuous patches. It's impossible to fix something that each dvr has different software problems. No two are alike.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)