ViP 622 & 722 Running Bug Thread

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
We've been seeing the loss of satellite signal screen (002) while watching something pre-recorded recently. I thought that was something people on 622 or 722 receivers were seeing but I hadn't read anything about 722K receivers doing it.

Hall, I'm on my second 722k in 3 months and both are doing the 002 thing. Sure wish they would send out a software fix for this, it is so annoying.

I have these problems as well and this is from a post I made in a different thread put probably belongs over hear.

http://www.satelliteguys.us/dish-network-technical-discussions/189579-5-receivers-6-service-visits-722-722k-keep-restarting.html

You are having these problems in the morning as well? Interesting that we are both using H&K receiver by HDMI. Doesn't seem to be a widespread issue though as a google search doesn't turn up much of anything. My wife is sick and tired of the constant problems with the 722 and I will be forced to call Dish Tech service soon. Can't wait for that one. Should I request a new receiver or a visit from a tech?

You are having these problems in the morning as well? Interesting that we are both using H&K receiver by HDMI. Doesn't seem to be a widespread issue though as a google search doesn't turn up much of anything. My wife is sick and tired of the constant problems with the 722 and I will be forced to call Dish Tech service soon. Can't wait for that one. Should I request a new receiver or a visit from a tech?

I called the Dish Network “Cancel Service Line” on Thursday and told them that I was going to cancel if they did not fix my problem ASAP. The CSR first gave me a $40 credit for all my troubles and then put me in touch with a senior Tech.

During the last 2 Dish Tech calls the tech said they were receiving info from the 722 over the network that my 722’s were bad…..one tech referenced the screen (613 details (Value:7: -2)) indicated that the hard drive was bad. The last three 722’s have had this value.
We first talked about this (613 value -2) and she said that concerned the LMB and had nothing to do with DVR hard drive.

The video feed is also via HDMI on a Harman Kardon AV receiver and optical audio.
We then talked about my set up and the tech and her boss seemed to think that the AV receiver/HDMI were on the output/after the Sat box and that should have no effect on the Sat box.

The 722 replacement unit #2 replaced in 8/09 also had a DVR hard drive that was locking up so after reading some of the threads on this site I think the #1 & #2 722 replacements may have been caused by high DVR hard drive temps >142 deg (menu 63 counters). By placing the 722 on its side and elevating it so that fan air moves through the unit I have gotten my Avg. Temp down to 107 deg.
Now the senior tech’s boss seemed to think that putting the 722 on it’s side may be problem…..I thought these were industry standard hard drives and it made no difference how they were placed as long as you did not move them while powered up.

So I have my 7th 722 in the mail and I will give that one a try. If that does not work they want to send a field tech out to go over the Sat dish cable setup.

Now the senior tech’s boss seemed to think that putting the 722 on it’s side may be problem…..I thought these were industry standard hard drives and it made no difference how they were placed as long as you did not move them while powered up.
If he thinks the drives physically should be mounted that way, he's wrong. HDDs in PCs are mounted horizontally or vertically with no ill-effects. It's all a matter of where they fit. If he's referring to defeating the purpose of some built-in ventilation features of the DVR, well, it's primary cooling is simple convection and in fact, mounting vertically would be better in these devices.

OK now Tuesday night while watching NCIS HDMI video just shut off. Still had audio. Receiver was seemingly working OK in every other way. Tried unplugging all the HDMI from 722 & HK & TV and reconnecting but could not get it on. Took 4 reboots of 722 and it finally came back on. This thing is possessed.

OK, I've seen 622 bugs mentioned in several posts. Perhaps it's time to post bugs and only bugs in a single consolidated thread. If one of the mods thinks this is a good idea, maybe change the title to "Official 622 Bug Thread" or something like that and make a sticky?

Please, to keep the thread to the point, plesae only post the information requested here. If you want to start a specific thread for a bug, or already have, please post a list to that thread in your post here. The intent it to have a concise list of bugs here that hopefully someone with the power to fix these bugs will see

Here's the info I think should be included:

Software version: (version number)
Mode bug occurred in: (single or dual)
Dish setup: (what kind of dish and/or switch combo you have)
Description of bug: (brief sentence outlining the bug) (detailed paragraph outlining the bug)
OTA Antenna: (make model and location of your OTA antenna) *just added this after some posts were made.

If your having issues, just call dish and get a 722k installed/upgraded. It seems this is the best way to tackle the problem. You may have to talk to a supervisor, but if you have the protection plan, you shouldnt have any issues with getting it You dont even need a tech to install it. just swap the wires

OK now Tuesday night while watching NCIS HDMI video just shut off. Still had audio. Receiver was seemingly working OK in every other way. Tried unplugging all the HDMI from 722 & HK & TV and reconnecting but could not get it on. Took 4 reboots of 722 and it finally came back on. This thing is possessed.

I had that issue too, turned out it was a bad HDMI cable not my 722

If he thinks the drives physically should be mounted that way, he's wrong. HDDs in PCs are mounted horizontally or vertically with no ill-effects. It's all a matter of where they fit. If he's referring to defeating the purpose of some built-in ventilation features of the DVR, well, it's primary cooling is simple convection and in fact, mounting vertically would be better in these devices.

yes, they can be mounted vertically. But I believe for long term use they should stay horizontal. (I remember reading something about gravity and the read arm in the hard drive)And the vents are on the sides, so yea it technically would stay cooler at the vert

Did they send you a new 722k in order to "fix" the "002" error problem ? I sure hope not....

'002' typically is an error inside of the receiver, typically not a signal error which is '015'
The 722k's are solid, not sure what experience you've had with them. You could be having other issues not necessarily related to the 722k

Hardware: 722k
Software version:
L655
Mode bug occurred in: Single
Description of bug: In the groups menu I select "No groups," but after every nightly restart, this option is reset and groups are re-enabled.

Hardware: 722k
Software version:
L655
Mode bug occurred in: Single
Description of bug: Despite the length of a show, playback ends prematurely. Random shows, random intervals.

Broadband

Software version: L622-RBGD-N
Mode bug occurred in: Dual
Dish setup: dish 500
Description of bug: Ethernet connection does not keep IP. Unit has had same IP since activation of Ethernet port by Dish. Both link and rx lights will blink. If the unit is hard reset (power cable pulled out) it'll get IP for couple of minutes and then the broadband will go back to all 0's. All cables and internet connections are working with laptop.
OTA Antenna:

Any one have similar issues? I did not find one instance of it in this thread during my reading.

Software version: L623
Mode bug occurred in: dual
Dish setup: DPP 44, 3 receivers 622, 211K, and 625
Description of bug: Since thanksgiving, two to three times per week, at 5:14 pm, I experience a lock up on my 622 system, usually watching espn 140 on main HDTV. system will reset and no problems with other two receivers. Hi temp on receiver 138, and have installed a notebook cooler under receiver. Last several times, receiver was not hot to touch.
OTA Antenna: No OTA

Any ideas?

Melp

Dish elected to replace the 622 box (Installed Weds) and had lock-ups, Thurs, Fri, Sat, Sun. Call to Dish indicates engineering is aware that there is a problem and is looking into it.

New bug introduced in most recent update.......

Has anyone else noticed this?

I had archived a few programs on external drives on both my 722 and 622. (Mostly full seasons I moved to archive). When I was watching the first program, then I stopped, there was no problem. The second program I watched and then hit stop when done. A title screen comes up for the FIRST show I watched. More importantly, when I close that screen, I notice that the SECOND program was deleted without my telling it to do so. Basically it is deleting the second program I view off of the hard drive automatically. They don't come up after a reboot, but the space available doesn't go up, so it looks like something is getting corrupted somewhere.

I noticed this happening on both the 722 and the 622, so it must be something to do with the most recent software upgrade, because I didn't notice this happening more than a month or so ago.

722, L625, dual mode

While watching and recording Idol OTA on channel off 041-01 on TV1 with out any problems the 722 was recording Criminal Minds off the sat on channel 032-00 on TV2. Criminal Minds was recorded in one minute increments. First recording was 2 minutes, then 16 one minute recordings, the finally the last one was 28 minutes.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)