ViP 622 & 722 Running Bug Thread

Last night, I had Grey's Anatomy on my timer list. When the show came on it did not fire. Looked at the schedule, the timer event had disappeared. In the guide, it showed as being recorded (red dot). Looked at the recorded items list, nothing there. Attempted a manual recording, looked like it took but nothing being shown in the recorded list. Tried TV2 to do the manual record, nothing in the list.

Only way to get it recording, was to do a soft reboot, then my original timer came back and fired.

Had audio drop outs again on my Voom Monster hd show I had recorded. It happened every 3 or 4 minutes. THough this was eliminated with L356 and the video stuttering on ALL Channels including ota ones, was a side affect of the same software. Now I have had one screaming black screen of death today and various stuttering .

IT just keeps getting better and better......:eek:

Audio drop outs

Description of bug: Constant audio drop-outs/pops in HD & SD modes. Seems to happen consistently when coming out of pausing the feed
Also, the audio is out of sync using the optical output, pausing does bring the audio back in sync for a short time. Audio drop-outs/pops continue afterwards.

I am a DNSC Tech and I was told by my office that this is being worked on. I believe it is a software issue which probably doesn't surprise anyone

Yep, I'm getting the audio drop-outs now too.

I also recorded American Chopper on DSCHD and the recording was, what I would call, "corrupt" because every 10 seconds or so, the audio would stutter for a few seconds. Unwatchable.

Video Stutter

Significant video stutter on both HD and SD channels. Does not happen on OTA channels. Seems to be most prevalent when there is a lot of motion on the screen, as if the CPU can't keep up with the action. Pause and restart does not seem to fix the problem.

Worked fine until L356 update

622 worked fine until last software update L356. Now have audio and video stutter, mainly on HD channels.

With L356 the jerkiness in video and audio popping is much more frequent than before on all channels.
I am using component video and Tosslink audio.

Last week, I had a scheduled event to record Greys Anatomy. I check it was on the schedule to record on time. After it started it wasn't showing on the recorded items list. Checked the schedule and it had a red dot showing that it was recording but couldn't access it. Wouldn't do a manual record. Had to reboot and then it started showing in the recorded item.

Last night, the same thing happened to my recording of CSI - shows that it was recording, and even I tried to record another show and it asked me if I wanted to cancel the CSI recording. I thought I would wait until the show was over, maybe it would show up after it was done. No it didn't. So I missed my favorite show. Looked at the history in the event list, showed the CSI recording as "Done", but I couldn't find it in the recorded list.

Not sure if others have had this problem.

Had a scheduled event to record Faith Hill found by the timers list Dish Pass. Showed in the schedule to be recorded. Next day I went to watch it. No recording, no history.

There seems be three types of video stuttering i've noticed...

there is the Stuttering which looks like dropped frames

there is the flickering (light strobe effect) which looks like you're watching film based content

finally there is *area scratchy flickering*, this one is hard to describe but is different than the others, it often occurs in dark areas and you see scratchy-flickering video in those areas, and then scene change it's gone, like a decoding bug or something.

If I set a DVR event for an OTA channel I loose it the next day.

For example:

On monday I set a timer to record American Idol on 011-01 (ota)
it showed up on the guide,
but the next day it was gone, and didn't record the show! :(

Update of my HD Local issue

I wrote DISH about my issues with the Philly local HD ABC station - and the pixelation I was seeing.

Here they wrote back and told me they are receiving the feed as 720p - and if I have my TV set at 1080 (which I do) - that I can see the issues I've been witnessing.

So far, DISH's research and customer service has been fantastic.

Here's one that I haven't seen come up before.

Watching a recorded show, used the ff (x60) to skip through the commercials, stop when show begins, the playback skips about 3 minutes forward, so I rewind (slowly at 4x), stop at the beginning of the show and then it jumps about 3 minutes forward again.

I paused it and did a slow frame, stopped and it jumps again. So, you can never get the show to playback where you needed it.

I had to stop it at the BEGINNING of the commercial break and then it started around the correct time.

Did a reboot and it fixed... for now

As another data point.
As of 4/9 9:30 am, installed 4/6 10:00 am
No auto reboots i know of. No audio drop outs, no video stutter, Events all recording.

Software version: L356
Mode bug occurred in: Single
Dish setup: D1000,DPP44, 622 (power inserter and Seperator) - Plus 942 (seperator) and 510
Description of bug: None so far :confused:
OTA Antenna: None
Other :
I am using a Digital audio connect and have a 42" plasma hd tv connected via hdmi

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)