ViP 622 & 722 Running Bug Thread

I can consistenlty get the ViP622 to Reboot

:eureka
Software version: L357
TV Mode: Dual
Dish setup: Dish 500 for 110/119 and Dish 500 for 61.5. DP34 switch.
Bug: Spontaneous Reboot

I have been watching ESPN2HD since the World Cup started. Everytime the T-Mobile commercial starts where the announcer calls for BEN WALLACE (while he is talking on the phone) the receiver reboots.

I recorded a program (World Cup Live) that includes the commercial, everytime the commercial starts the receiver reboots.

I played around a bit, I rewound the program to the middle of the commercial, the receiver runs fine... something at the beginning of this commercial cause the receiver t reboot.:eureka

Software version: L357
TV Mode: Single
Dish setup: Dish 500 for 110/119 and Dish 500 for 61.5. DP34 switch.
Bug: Dish Interactive Locking Up

When trying to navigate through the main menu of dish interactive (I like ot check the weather forecast) or when attempting to exit Dish Interative, all interaction freezes and the only fixable solution is to do a hard reboot. If the DVR is currently recording something, I'm SOL because I can't get to another screen and if I reboot, it interupts the recording of the show.

So, I have to wait until all recording stops before rebooting and that could be 30 minutes, and hour, or several hours. :(

Wow! I was trying to decide whether to go with the 622 or the 211 now that Dish has actually offered a promotion to it's EXISTING! customers. Admittedly, this is a thread on 622 bugs, so I shouldn't expect to see many positive comments, but there sure seem to be a lot of common problems.

Now maybe the posters in this thread represent a small portion of alll 622 users, but I have to admit I don't feel real comfortable in ordering a 622...

I know this is off topic, but does anyone know if the 622 incurs a separate "additional receiver" charge on your bill? If I turn in my current 510 second receiver and use the 2-TV feature of the 622, do I lose the second receiver charge?

Is the 622 stable? No. Would I give it up? No.

Warts and all, it is the best E* receiver out there right now in that it has a large drive, can view Mpeg4 channels, and has a decent interface with NBR and several other features other users are dying for.

I want them to spend more time stabilizing it, but itis a good receiver, especially if they ever get the thing programmed properly

BobMurdoch said:
Is the 622 stable? No. Would I give it up? No.

Warts and all, it is the best E* receiver out there right now in that it has a large drive, can view Mpeg4 channels, and has a decent interface with NBR and several other features other users are dying for.

I want them to spend more time stabilizing it, but itis a good receiver, especially if they ever get the thing programmed properly

That sounds encouraging!

I currently have an 811 which I have been satisfied with for the most part (biggest problem is a "check switch" reboot procedure of disconnecting cable input for both 811 and 510 receivers about 2x per week). I just want to be able to add additional HD channels and I can't unless I upgrade. But if upgrading is going to cause additional headaches, I would rather wait until they get the major bugs out...

Pardon my ignorance, but what does the acronym "NBR" stand for?
Thanks!

Name Based Recording. Instead of setting to record by time and channel, (like a vcr), you can select a program by name and it will automatically record it and record it every time it play, if you want.

And in contrast with my other PVRs, when Lost adds 5 or 10 minutes, it automatically adjusts to record the extra minutes instead of just stopping it at 10 (or 10:03 with a buffer). It will also catch extra new episodes and supersized episodes (NBC, grr, bane of PVR users).

It has its problems (make sure you priorotize those timers properly, or it will bump shows you do want to record if three are in the same time period, aka Sunday at 9pm when everyone decides to put something good on...l)

Sorry if this post is off topic, but I have a couple of questions about the 622.

I recall earlier in the forum that someone said the TV2 picture quality was poor on the non-HD TV. Does anyone else have this problem? I assume that the connection to TV2 is coaxial from the 622 to the second TV. I have been able to overcome the poor SD picture quality of the 811 by using an S-Video connection. Is the connection from the 622 to the 2nd TV coaxial only or is there some way to connect an S-Video connection to the 2ndTV? Also, does the $199 charge for the 622 lease and installation cover the connection to the 2nd TV or do they charge extra?

I know I could ask a CSR these questions, but I would like to get a real world answer as I would probably get a different answer from each CSR I asked.

I appreciate any insight you can give me!

grb said:
Sorry if this post is off topic, but I have a couple of questions about the 622.

I recall earlier in the forum that someone said the TV2 picture quality was poor on the non-HD TV. Does anyone else have this problem?

I appreciate any insight you can give me!
I have four 622's with three having long coax runs to regular TV's for TV2. All three have very good picture quality. One TV is a Panasonic 32", another TV is a Toshiba 20", and the last is a GE 20". I'm considering combining all 622 TV2 outs to all remote televisions so they can all receive the different channels. Combining may reduce the signal strength as there will be one combiner and one seperator between them. It doesn't matter if I'm viewing satellite channels 101 - 9486, they are all sharp and clear with out artifact on the remote televisions.

boy921 said:
I have four 622's with three having long coax runs to regular TV's for TV2. All three have very good picture quality. One TV is a Panasonic 32", another TV is a Toshiba 20", and the last is a GE 20". I'm considering combining all 622 TV2 outs to all remote televisions so they can all receive the different channels. Combining may reduce the signal strength as there will be one combiner and one seperator between them. It doesn't matter if I'm viewing satellite channels 101 - 9486, they are all sharp and clear with out artifact on the remote televisions.
Great! The 510 DVR/Receiver we now have has given us a good quality picture on our 32" (I think it's a Sylvania) and I didn't want to turn in the 510 if the PQ was going to suffer.

Thanks!

ChetK said:
You WILL lose the second receiver charge. The 622 is only considered one receiver.
A friend at work has a leased 622 as his only receiver(s) and subscribes to the DishHD Platinum, so he should have all his receiver and DVR fees included, right? He says he has a $6/mo "2nd ViP DVR Tuner Fee" or some sort and he has been unable to get rid of it after talking to multiple CSRs and a supervisor. I haven't seen the fee, and he assures me his receiver is connected to a phone line, so it isn't the 2nd tuner with no phone line fee.

Any clues?

Foxbat said:
A friend at work has a leased 622 as his only receiver(s) and subscribes to the DishHD Platinum, so he should have all his receiver and DVR fees included, right? He says he has a $6/mo "2nd ViP DVR Tuner Fee" or some sort and he has been unable to get rid of it after talking to multiple CSRs and a supervisor. I haven't seen the fee, and he assures me his receiver is connected to a phone line, so it isn't the 2nd tuner with no phone line fee.

Any clues?

If it's his only receiver and under the DIU promotion, he has to pay a $6 a month lease fee. Having the Platinum Pak only does away with the DVR fee.

NightRyder

I noticed this problem today when trying to watch World Cup.

When I push the swap button the DVR shuts down and resets itself. This is a slow process the fan comes on for about 2 min, then it restarts and re-aquires the transponders.

Anyone else seeing this problem?

Just switched from direct, the installers had problems getting 129,
Only getting 50% of a single and told me I had to wait for 1000 plus dish

The other problem is that my A/V receiver is not picking up
Dolby Digital on channels that have it, I’m using a HDMI one the 622

Any ideas????

what the hell is a toslink cable, and where do i get it,
i may have thrown one out, my blu-ray has no problem with using a hdmi cable

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)