VIP 722 installation problem

alaskaman

Original poster
Mar 22, 2005
Received from Dish network a new HD VIP 722 to replace an old SD 512 but it won't receive.
Do I need a different LNB? If so what's a good brand and model?

Received from Dish network a new HD VIP 722 to replace an old SD 512 but it won't receive.
Do I need a different LNB? If so what's a good brand and model?

More details about "won't receive", please? Are you getting a particular error code?

When you get a new receiver, you have to run the installation wizard. Even after that, if having problems, go to Menu-6-1-3 and tell us what sats are on line G, and after it completes, what color is under each number. Also, what does like H say for "Device"?

When you go from a SD receiver to an HD receiver you also need to swap out the dish antenna. Why were you not offered an upgrade promotion?

Yea, I don't have any additional questions. Normally shipped receivers come with instructions at least.

I'm in rural(bush) Alaska with no local techs or installers, so this is a do it yourself installation as usual. Since I posted last, called a Dish retailer about 400 miles from here and they mailed me a couple new high def LNB's. Can tell there is going to be a problem getting the new skinny throated LNB to fit into the mount at the end of my 4 foot dish. Hope it can be shimmed with electrical tape, but it'll be my luck will have to order a smaller diameter holding bracket. Plus it's below freezing up here today which is going to make climbing on my roof an adventure. Might have to wait a while to prevent playing slip&slid up there.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)