VIP Receiver Retirement

Composite is video on the yellow RCA cable and r/l audio on the Red and white RCA outputs.
Component has the same red/white RCA audio but video is on three cables red/green/blue (analog HD output).

Everyone was talking about using component to offload content, I assume they were offloading to a DVD recorder. Does a DVD recorder with a component input exist or are they using something else?

I quit archiving content a few years ago, I can go online and find just about everything in a few seconds - much faster than digging through physical media!

My main reason for staying with my 2-622 and 1-612 is the option to diplex my OTA. Would really be hard to get another wire installed for my OTA. If not for that i would probably migrate to the hopper 3. What is the cost for an extra Hopper 3?

My main reason for staying with my 2-622 and 1-612 is the option to diplex my OTA. Would really be hard to get another wire installed for my OTA. If not for that i would probably migrate to the hopper 3. What is the cost for an extra Hopper 3?
Are you using DPP separators or two physical lines to those dual tuners? The Hopper 3 only needs one.

Are you using DPP separators or two physical lines to those dual tuners? The Hopper 3 only needs one.
I have single lines going to all my VIP and 612. I would want to keep my OTA. Dish would have to run their own lines if i went the Hopper way. The 612 is on a separate dish in the shed.

Reactions: TheKrell
I have single lines going to all my VIP and 612. I would want to keep my OTA. Dish would have to run their own lines if i went the Hopper way. The 612 is on a separate dish in the shed.

Can you have two hoppers on one account if one is connected to a separate dish like that?

How’s that analog cell phone working for you that you had in a drawer, inactivated?

If you want a chance at a replacement, perhaps you should keep them active.

I doubt Dish sees any requirement to replace obsolete inactive receivers. If they did, I’m sure there’d be a lot of us keeping 301s and other old STBs on hand, hoping to score new equipment.

They will. You just need to be a retailer and setup a return authorization.

Only issue is that most of these boxes are out of warranty and I think it’s a $50 or $75 out of warranty exchange fee. Add another $15 to ship the receiver and another $14 for each new remote. Your better spending $50 for a new Wally or $150 for a 722 or hoper.

Reactions: pattykay
Can you have two hoppers on one account if one is connected to a separate dish like that?

IDK but i think they have to talk to each other. Charlie is not going to let you take one to ur best friend and split the bill. I have been surprised the RAT dept have not bothered me. If i go to the Hopper i can run RG6 to the shed. It would be less then 125 feet.

I just saw Dish Depot has a disclaimer you must activate buy jan 18 on all vip receivers. Looks like a lot of boat anchors are going to be available soon.

Reactions: MikeD-C05
211 k and z they are still selling for now . They have the 622 as January 8 . Probably a typo. What are all the other retailers going to do with these receivers

So, when the ViP612/622/722 units are pulled from service, do you think they’ll all go at once? Or maybe start with the ViP612s?