VIP722 OTA???

djqwikcut

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jul 4, 2009
USA
I just had a VIP722 installed to replace a defective 622. the 622 had the OTA module so I could get channels that dish didnt carry in HD but were available OTA. Now the 722 seems to NOT have an OTA module. I read posts saying people have an ota module .. I do not.. HOW DO I get this.. DISH is CLUELESS...

Thanks..

You obviously have a VIP 722K.. That receiver has an optional OTA module that has two OTA tuners. Because You had a defective 622 that had OTA before go back to Dish and tell them that. They should send you an OTA module free of charge. If they refuse, email the execs and they should make it happen.

Yep. My ViP722 has a single built in OTA tuner. The follow on model, the ViP722K, has a slot for an optional two tuner OTA module.

ABSOLUTELY call them for a free OTA module. You should not have to pay for one, under the circumstances. I hear they may be in short supply, so delivery may be slow.

I called and the first lady told me they dont sell them and there is no way to get it other then downgrading for a TECH CHARGE back to a 622.... I told her no way... she then put me on hold and disconnected me. I did explain to her my 622 had it and was replaced with a 722 because it was defective.. she didnt care.........

I called back and got someone else.. SHE tells me its $50 for the module.. I explained a second time to her that my 622 had one and I shouldnt have to pay for one.. she kept trying to tell me $50 is the cost.. I told her that is crazy since my 622 had one and I would not have changed to a 722 if there was not an issue.. She put me on HOLD and then came back and said she is shipping me one for free....

I then asked her about the particular NETGEAR USB Wirless adapter I saw in another post. She told me TECH installer have it.. I called my tech and am waiting to hear back....

Thanks.. My last post said they are shipping me one FREE and I already received the UPS tracking #....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts