Please reply by conversation.
I scan 5 channels with the Micro
Livewell
CW
Fox
ABC HD
blank channel

ironically the 200 scanned 2 more stations but as radio

Carlos how were you able to find these hiddens?

A few days ago they were doing some test and someone using an AZ scanned them in as regular. Later they did some changes and placed them Hidden. But I have read that some AZ scan them in even if they are hidden. By the way, Fox HD is using the same pids as FOX 7 V2049 A2050 which usually is up on saturdays around noon. Fox 7 is MPEG2 and regular audio, so all I did was to make a copy of Fox 7 channel and them edit it using the channel editor to H.264 Video type and AC3 audio type and voila !! looks like this complete mux will be moving to HD soon

I scan 5 channels with the Micro
Livewell
CW
Fox
ABC HD
blank channel

ironically the 200 scanned 2 more stations but as radio

The blank channel is the old mpeg2 NBC Virgin Island. You will need to add the new pids H2.64 and AC3 to bring it back. At the same time you should also add FOX HD which was added and still hidden for most of the boxes.

Carlos what is the best editor to modify pids for the openbox? I haven't messed with my channel list in months and am not sure what program is best.

Carlos what is the best editor to modify pids for the openbox? I haven't messed with my channel list in months and am not sure what program is best.

send me a pm with your e-mail and i'll send you the one i have which has all the features

I'm a little dense sometimes. Is there a CBS feed in the mux or no. Thanks.

Sent from my iPad using SatelliteGuys

Hi All,

I'm trying to get the new HD-NBC V.I. on 99w.
When I tried rescanning 3845 h 15028 after entering the proper V/A pids, all I got was some infomercials...all in SD.
I know Brian said to use ali-editor, but have no idea how to use this program with the micro HD. I downloaded it, but haven't gone any farther.
I don't want to brick this great piece of electronics.
Anyone for a quick lesson ?
Thanks.

John

Last edited:
Hi All,

Just an update on my situation.
After receiving no response to my request for assistance on using the Ali Editor, I went about looking for, finally finding, then reading the procedure on how to use the Ali Editor with my Geosat Pro Micro HD. After reading the directions several times I went ahead and was able to make the change. Glad to report that my Micro HD survived and I now see WVGN in HD. However even though I entered the audio PID correctly, it shows up on my info screen as 8962 and I hear sound out of my left speaker only. I rechecked the APID again in the editor and it still shows 770 and stereo. Any ideas?
Thanks.

Did you change the text in the Ali Editor Configuration Setting file to Chip Type=m3601s or was this edit performed with the default script text?

Sounds like the text in the script file may not have been changed.

Brian,

I did change the chip type to m3601s, which allowed me to better edit WVGN.
Before changing it, I had no way to edit the V and A Pids...they were grayed out.

JFOK said:
Hi All,

Just an update on my situation.
After receiving no response to my request for assistance on using the Ali Editor, I went about looking for, finally finding, then reading the procedure on how to use the Ali Editor with my Geosat Pro Micro HD. After reading the directions several times I went ahead and was able to make the change. Glad to report that my Micro HD survived and I now see WVGN in HD. However even though I entered the audio PID correctly, it shows up on my info screen as 8962 and I hear sound out of my left speaker only. I rechecked the APID again in the editor and it still shows 770 and stereo. Any ideas?
Thanks.

WVGN-TV only has audio on the left channel. The right channel is reserved for WVGN-FM NPR radio.

Sent from my iPad using SatelliteGuys

TRG,

Thanks for that info.
Too bad we have to watch such a great HD picture with a mono setting, but hey its free.

Both NBC Virgin Island (Ch-4) and Fox PR (Ch-5) SD channles went blank screen. Both were changed to High definition H.264/AC3. Unfurtunally both channels are Hidden and the pids should be added manually.

WVGN-LP NBC Virgin Islands (Ch-4)
V769 A770 P769 H.264 AC3 1080i

WSJX-LP Fox PR (Ch-5)
V2049 A2050 P2049 H.264 AC3 720p

Galaxy 16 99W
3845 H 15030 :)

Just found that out...thanks for the info...my fox is back now. :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.