Visionsat Iv 200

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

woodheat/nooil

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Long story that I hope has a simple answer? My wife let me buy a new receiver for Christmas, (her gift is still at the north pole). I went with a Coolsat 6100, (had trouble) the sound would cut out on AC-3 for a second or two while on PBS and the unit would freeze up on blind scan at times. The answer from Coolsat was "Unfortunately, this may be a software issue and at the current time we have no solution for it. I wish we could be more helpful. We are always constantly striving to improve our receivers so I have forwarded your email to our engineers for review."

Okay, so I packed up the coolsat and shipped it back, Post office $9:30 to ship back. Then I went with a
VISIONSAT IV 200 after I read Icebergs review, the sound it okay on AC-3 and the scanning has not locked up at all so far. But and there is always a but with any receiver, will not find Pax on AMC-1.
My Fortec Ultra and Fortec 786v3 can with a signal level of 81 and a quality of 62? I lost twenty buck’s on the deal but I did not get a re-stocking fee for the Coolsat 6100. I will make it up on my fuel bill last winter only burned 85gal. of oil, this year will set a new record.

Would the new software on

Visionsat Official Company Website

take care of this one?

are you sure the LNB parameters are set up? I can get Pax on my Visionsat with no issues. I had to manually enter the info but it worked

set to 5150 but no luck

Yes tried many times no luck, just will not lock on the PAX feeds.
It did find Liberty channel, NYS legislative, ctn-largo, tln, keen, sky1, ktln, wcfc, DW-TV USA, Cadena del milageo plus others but not FTA. Do you think the updated software is worth a shot?

Got Lucky

I took out the A/B switch put the C-Band cable straight into the receiver, BINGO! Got PAX on blind scan auto. It found it! Wish it had the C and KU sat set up like the Coolsat. Iceberg, if you download the new software let me know if it gives sats that are both C & ku band.

If ya take a look through the thread for the IV200 over in the Review Section, you'll find that there have been a number of upgrades issued to the firmware.
I think mine came shipped with:
Model IV 200
H/W Version S1000 1.00
Driver Version API 1.00
Application Version IV 200 1.05
Data Version FDU v1.1
The link to the factory site has only ver 1.12 posted.
Brian of SatelliteAV has listed ver 1.18 in that thread, and it's what I've found elsewhere, as well.

Since so many upgrades to the receiver have been made in the last four (?) months, it only makes sense to run the latest.

As noted in the review thread, all you have to do is unzip the binary, place it on the included thumb drive, power down the receiver, plug in the thumb drive, power-on again, and wait about a minute for the receiver to detect that a new firmware is available.
You'll get a menu of any/all firmware found on the thumb drive.
Select one and let the receiver load it.

Yes tried many times no luck, just will not lock on the PAX feeds.
It did find Liberty channel, NYS legislative, ctn-largo, tln, keen, sky1, ktln, wcfc, DW-TV USA, Cadena del milageo plus others but not FTA. Do you think the updated software is worth a shot?

damn...I could never get Liberty channel. Could get the rest

Update it to the newest software (1.18)..its well worth it. Cleans up a bunch of bugs. Had a thread on it when it came out :)
http://www.satelliteguys.us/free-ai...ry-software-visonsat.html?highlight=visionsat

Wll 98se work or do i need xp or higher

Had to listen to my lovely wife! You get what you pay for crap.
Anyway I put the new v1.18 and I do not think the unit is blind scanning.
I used the usb drive to upload. first set up the removable E: drive on my computer then copied and pasted it to the E: drive closed it out then plugged it into the receiver. Turned it on then it asked to download. I hit the red button on the receiver, ver 1.18 is on it now.

But missing channels on blind scan? Maybe I should have used the serial cable to download? Or a later copy of windows? I stayed up late last night and I thought to try the user sats then blind scan on auto then manual any way I could try to see if it would work. It did not work on amc-3, found only seven. If I go back to the amc-3 that is set for that one the others are on? WHY? Could this be a software problem or does this unit not really blind scan well.

After installing new firmware, it is always a good idea to perform a factory reset on the receiver. Loading by RS-232 or USB will make no difference in the receiver performance. We have had to use the RS-232 to program receivers that had been disabled by bad firmware, but that was because the USB port had been disabled.

V1.18 blind scans fine. I have a IV-200 connected to both C band LNBF and KU LNBFs using a 2x1 DiSEqC switch and find that it will scan identical to the Fortec Star Mercury II. The IV-200 will occasionaly add a unknown service that does not display as an audio or video source, but I have never taken the time to use TS Reader to determine what the source is from. The IV-200 scans slightly faster than the Mercury II.

I found that both receivers can sometimes require a 2nd scan to find an elusive channel. Liberty Channel will Blind Scan in, though it didn't find it on the first scan. I have found a few other transponders that are found, but the PIDs do not get added to the Video or Audio lists. Once again, I would like to take more time to look at these TPs and determine if the PMT information is compliant.

blind scan works fine here on my Visionsat with 1.18...and I'm going through a 8x1 switch and 4 LNB's are on a 4x1 diseqc attached to the 8x1...

so IA8 & AMC5 have 2 diseqc switches to go through on a blinds can and it works fine

Montana PBS

Okay, I did not do a factory reset. After that I did a blind scan and the unit missed Montana PBS. So I did a AUTO search with NIT on it then came in.
After that I tried the USER Sat set up found 19 channels on blind scan. Just to check it was working. Better than 7 the last time without the reset. The record PVR works, picture viewer works, mp3 player also works. For the price not bad, but I was hoping for perfect after losing money on the deal.

Thanks for you help.

Blind scan (on ANY receiver) is not always perfect. A low symbol rate (SR) of under 3000 on a channel will often cause blind scanning receivers to skip that channel. As long as it finds the TRANSPONDER, you can go back with a regular auto scan and find those hard-to-tune channels :) If it misses the transponder, you can always enter it manually.

Wfxt Fox 5a Boston

The unit locked up again today on WFXT FOX 5A BOSTON I guess it was a 4.22 channel I thought the new software was suppose to fix that problem?

V1.18? Also in the system recovery menu it has-

System Restore to Factory default.
System Restore to Stored Position.
Store system Data.

After I uploaded the new software should I have hit one of those menu keys? Unit Says-

Model IV 200
Loader Version L 1.1
Application Version V1.18
Driver Version API 1.00
Data Version FDU v1.1

Any reason why the unit still locks up? After that I quickly have to turn power off then delete the channel that locked the unit up in the first place. I thought that the V1.18 fixed this one?

do a factory reset as in factory default. I did that after loading 1.18 and have not had issues with it locking up on 4:2:2 channels

Still LOCKS UP!

Did the reset, went back to AMC-1 3840H sybl rate 26681 Broadcast 422
the unit locked up last night. After that I took out the Broadcast 422 channel and rescanned all the sats back in.

One good thing the wood boiler's fire was still burning in the morning.
Okay today I saved all the channels I found last night to the pen drive to save time putting the channels back. I should have thought of that last night. I did a factory reset then I used the cable to upload the software.
After that another factory reset. After all that the unit still locks up on AMC-1 Broadcast 422.

Also on AC-3 sound using the RCA plug type cable at times the sound drops out for a second or two. Maybe because I used an old cable and the optic cable is bing used by my DVD player. I am still waiting to hear from
support@inteltechnologyinc.com. Thank you all for trying to help me on this one.

Can anyone else confirm that this signal is locking up their IV-200? I did not confirm this report.

We have recorded a TS of AMC1, 3840 and can provide to the engineers if confirmed. I won't be able to check for several days. V1.18 was thought to have eliminated all 4:2:2 lock-ups.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts