Visionsat Iv 200

Status
Please reply by conversation.
my dish

Maybe because my C-Band dish is using less than 60 feet of cable and I get good signal on C-band although the ku dish is further away from my house and the sound cuts out. But has not locked up on the smaller dish? My unit locks up and sound cuts out for a second or two on ac-3. Was watching BBC and the sound dropped out also on pbs today. If I do not watch stuff with AC-3 , or come across the 4.2.2. channels while scanning the unit is okay. I hope in time I might find what is wrong with this one? Maybe I gave up on the Coolsat 6100 too fast? Or I should have waited till I could afford a HD blind scan model.

somthing else

I just was on Galaxy 26 PMI PIT PATH 2 3847 sybl 9982 just sound with channel error must be a 4.2.2. I clicked around and the next time the unit hit that channel it locked up again. This weekend I will ask my cousin to try to download the V1.18 on his computer maybe win98se is no good for this type of stuff? I think he has xp or vista. I will let you know if it makes a difference.

I can't confirm that any of the above signals lock up the unit (because I don't have a C-Band system as of yet), however I have seen some Ku feeds even on v1.18 that lock the unit up.

I remember messaging SatelliteAV with details of the 4:2:2 feeds on AMC 1 (because at the time I only had a stationary dish pointed at AMC 1). The 4:2:2 feeds on AMC 1 seem not to lock the unit up now, but I have seen 4:2:2 feeds on other satellites that have locked the unit up. I suspect that maybe NBC is using one brand of encoder (or similar settings) and the 4:2:2 issue has been fixed in this instance, but there are other cases where a 4:2:2 signal will lock the unit up.

The next time I see such a feed, I will be sure to post here with transponder info.

tried digital audio coaxial cable

I brought Philips SWA3566W/17 digital audio coaxial cable.
I then went to AMC-3 PBS AC-3 sound and waited to see if the sound would cut out for a second. It did, I wasted $12.96 plus tax for the cable.
I still have not tried to download V1.18 from a newer computer.

If you have flashed the receiver with 1.18 successfully, re-flashing it won't help. Not sure if this is a firmware problem, receiver problem, or some incompatibility with your Dolby Digital decoder...

If the flash was successful (the receiver reboots with the dashes crawling across the display), the OS used doesn't matter. I don't get the sound drops with my Cyberhome AC-3 headphones, so maybe its an incompatibility with your sound processor. Strange...

I quess it is a good meter

Today I did a test for ten minutes I watched a test pattern with tone on AMC-3 with the VISIONSAT IV 200 signal level 79 and quality 80. During that time the unit lost the sound 7 times for a second or two!

Then I put an old Fortec Ultra that was given to me by a friend after he brought a Coolsat 5000. The Ultra got screwed up by a lighting strike and that is why I wanted to but a new unit. It still bind scans on C-band but not well on ku band. The Ultra Signal Level 72 Quality 43 on the same channel for the ten minutes AC-3 sound test, (VISIONSAT IV 200 loop out to the Ultra)).

NO SOUND LOSS AT ALL!

The VISIONSAT IV 200 is my new signal meter, I do like the extended signal in the dish setting menu for fine tunning a satellite. In your Reviews of Satellite Equipment could you make boxes for people to check as to unit locks-up and AC-3 sound problems, (none, or unit should not call itself AC-3 for sound problems). Also for tech support I got one email that was not helpful.

I will have to play the AC-3 sound on the old Ultra and use the VISIONSAT to scan. My luck as usual I spent more and got less.

Hang in there woodheat maybe the next firmware release will have the problem completely fixed. Sometimes it takes sev updates to get things really working well.

Thanks Iceberg, It cuts on AC-3 on EWTN, BBC any AC-3 that I have watched. The audio receiver I have is a RCA model RT-2390. The test pattern with tone showed me how many times it cut the sound. During a show it might be a little less obvious but it still cuts out on AC-3 audio.

OK..I'll try it on what I know that is AC-3 on KU Band which is PBS on AMC3 and the Spanish channels on G10. I'll let ya know tonite

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)