voltage switching power inserter

Status
Please reply by conversation.

IntelPennny4

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 28, 2016
USA
where could one find a voltage switching power inserter (13/18Vdc)???? want to run more then one STB

How many dishes/LNBFs will you need to feed to this switch?

You could also get something like this:
upload_2017-9-3_22-59-18.jpeg

This puts everything into one unit like what Fred did. I have never used a unit like this myself, but always wanted to. They are kind of pricey, but maybe easier.

Reactions: IntelPennny4
so i got some info and well i guess i only can do what i want only if i have dual output lnbs. which i dont want to buy. pic i have uploaded looks like the setup i want but need dual outputs.

Attachments

• 8-lnbs_4-rcvrsMarkIII-02.JPG
    8-lnbs_4-rcvrsMarkIII-02.JPG
    59.1 KB · Views: 163
hey that would work too. got 8 outputs and looks like i can hook up four lnbs. i really didnt want to buy dual output lnbs tho grrrrrrrr

Yes, you will have to replace your LNB's if you what more than one receiver.

i have two titanium c1-pll and one titanium dual. will soon have another dish with a dual. so in the end i will have two dual and two single

I'm running 4 Titanium dual output LNB's with 4 BUD's. I will use one output from each of the four dishes to a diseqc switch, and the other four to an additional switch for the 2nd receiver in the dining room. I will be receiving channels from 97, 99, 101 and 87 West for now. I locked down all the dishes except the dish pointing at 97W so I can look around on other satellites to see what's on them, or to watch programming on a different satellite without installing a 5th dish.

Sometimes that's a problem using that Pansat piece of crap motor drive box. Last night I was moving it to 91W to check out some channels there and it went bonkers. Lost the programmed positions and wouldn't let the dish move either way. Sometimes it shuts down leaving weird characters on the display and it won't do a thing until you deprogram it and start over. I am using shielded cable buried in a separate trench to the house, and it still goes stupid. I should have bought a Titanium motor box.

Once I get all 4 dishes set where I want them, I may invest on one just to avoid having to deal with the Pansat piece of crap. I bought it against my better judgement, thinking it was improved over what it was years ago. My stupidity. It has the same crappy menu for labeling satellites as it did before. Live and learn. :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)