Volume Discrepency on New DTV Receiver

Status
Please reply by conversation.

winesmile

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Oct 26, 2007
A new DTV receiver was installed in our clients home (I don't know the model number, but it's the "new" new looking DVR that has a full flush front).

Anyway, the issue is the volume output is really, really low - it comes up on -2db and that is barley audible.

Any ideas on this problem??

Thanks.

Same problem here. HR24 DVR. When researching online it seems this is a problem that Direct has been dealing with since June 2010. No fix yet from what I have been able to find out. A MAJOR inconvenience.
UPDATE:
Starting over the weekend, DirecTV started to raise the volume levels on the SD channels, in response to all the feedback they have been getting in repose to the volume equalization project.

Local SD levels are expected to be adjusted up approx 5dB, with a target completion date of Monday 23rd.
National SD levels are expected to be adjusted up approx 5dB, with a target completion date of Friday 20th.

These are target dates, so it's possible that the levels, particularly those for some peoples local SD channels, may take a little longer to be increased.

No, it was not a software download. The adjustment was made at the DirecTV location where the signal is processed before being sent to the satellite.
I hope that this information is accurate.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)