Voom and Sears

txcruiser said:
Maybe it's just me, but I think of Kenmore washers and dryers when I think of Sears.
I can't ever recall of thinking "I need to go to Sears to check out the latest consumer electronic products"... But that's just me. I'm sure the majority of those that love VOOM must think it's the best choice possible.
Can you imagine a Sears rep trying to demo VOOM's DVR when it becomes available?

Well garsh, I dunno if I can figger out them thar fancy buttons on that thing.

Actually, I know a lot of people at Sears, including myself, who could demo it just fine.

NoWhereMan said:
Actually, I know a lot of people at Sears, including myself, who could demo it just fine.

So then the issue is "To what audience do you plan on demo-ing it?"

My guess..
70 year old women passing by the electronics department on their way to the Children's department to buy their grandson some "gar-animal" clothes.

Two weeks ago I posted the local Sears was renovating their Electronics Department (aka Brand Central). I have business in the area, so I am going to swing by and take a peek. I will be surprised if the VOOM box is anything more than a paperweight.

We shall see...

at my sears

they had voom setup on the smallest lcd tv they had (about 15") WITH RCA jacks - yep the old red white and yellow. the picture was in wide screen and looked pretty good but kind of fuzzy. they had Directv discovery demo hd channel on all the other 15 42-60inch bigscreens

Well, my visit to the local Sears was anything but a positive experience. In the past 2+ weeks, very little progress has been made to renovate the electronics department as the area was still in disarray: junk all over, equipment not connected and scatter about, dust and dirt covering everything, and the VOOM STB setting unplugged on the bottom shelf. It was a very unprofessional atmosphere, which had more to do with apathy than it did with the renovation.

To top is off, I was actually going to throw them some business (price match Samsung DLP or Sony LCD), but the Sales Staff seemed unprofessional and reluctant to put together a deal.

Adios Sears!!!

On a side-note, I am having a difficult time selecting a replacement set for an old 36" tube TV. The wife authorized the purchase of a Mits 52" DLP, but after taking a closer look I wasn't too impressed with the price/performance, it's too big for the room, and I really didn't feel like spending 4k on 2nd set. After looking at all the available technologies (DLP, LCD, LCOS) and determining the perfect set in my price range doesn't exist :confused: , I narrowed my selection to the following choices:

Samsung HL-P4663W (46" DLP)
Sony KDF-42WE655 (42" LCD) due to this month

I know this is off-topic, but I am looking for recommendations. Send me a PM if you so desire.

I first looked for information about Voom last June at the Toledo, Ohio Sears.
They had no set up and no information.
After following this thread I thought I would go back yesterday.
The STB is on a side aisle with a small LCD that is not plugged in.
No demo, no info, and the sales person thought it was a DVD player.
Voom, Sears is not your friend.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts