Voom Blows

bkushner

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 2, 2005
Audubon, NJ
I am so sick of VOOM showing the same shows. I've had it about 8 months now between Voom and Dish and it's the same shows.

I sent an email to ceo@dishnetwork.com about this and received no reply and they usually ALWAYS reply to this thread.

Does anyone know if they ever plan on changing the programming on these channels?

Brian

I have sent e-mail and left voice at Rainbow Media (the folks who used to run Rainbow DBS), but I have not heard back from anyone...yet. The $5 certainly isn't an issue...it's the fact the VOOM HD Pak isn't anything like the old VOOM21 on Rainbow DBS. Hmmm. It's actually the exact same thing as VOOM21, but you know what I mean.

Where are all the movies and new original material? To quote Gomer Pyle, "For shame, for shame, for shame."
violent-smiley-027

riffjim4069 said:
The $5 certainly isn't an issue...
It was for me! I cancelled it after a few months because it wasn't worth the $5, to me, anyway!
Tom in TX

I'm essentially giving them until January when the full complement of VOOM channels are supposed to make their way to Dish.

Even though I like HD content, if VOOM is still showing the same old stuff with no new content after January, even the bargain price of $5/month won't keep me on board.

The same ole stuff is getting kinda old. Did they have any more than this on the old original VOOM service?

$5 a month for a 12 minute news segment each night in HD is what I pay for lol :)

With a HD DVR like the 921/942 I already have all the Voom shows recorded.

Its like I have my own Voom network now since they never show anything new. I got all the good stuff I want already recorded.

No point in paying $5 a month for Voom.

I am thinking of canceling Voom and then waiting 4 Months when they start showing new stuff again.

Didnt Voom used to have 21 channels? Maybe they should rotate through there 21 channels? Maybe one month show these 10 channels and then the Month show the other 10 channels or something to spice things up.

I wonder if there Sub numbers are going down as people figure there pattern out (the patter nis nothing new is hardly ever shown month to month).

We need to keep emailing the CEO and the Voom email address. They need to buy more new HD shows.

I have to agree that there is far too little of interest on Voom. I've read rumors of them adding more content in the near future. My question is how near? I might stick it out for another month but if there isn't new stuff by the new year then Voom is history.

voripteth said:
I have to agree that there is far too little of interest on Voom. I've read rumors of them adding more content in the near future. My question is how near? I might stick it out for another month but if there isn't new stuff by the new year then Voom is history.

They say it is coming, they just don't say when. (Don't hold your breath)

I dropped my HD Pak when the $5 VoOM hit E*. I thought they should have added it to the HD Pak and up the price to $15. As it was, I was already tired of the same stuff on the HD Pak and figured VoOM would be no better.

If you can get OTA HD then that's the thing to do. I am far happier with it than the HD Pak.

I should add that to get VoOM, I would have needed another dish so the $100 cost of that also was a factor in dumping HD stuff E*.

I've had Voom since April 2004 and it's like all new stuff to me since I never watch it. That's the trick, don't watch so much TV then you'll have new stuff to watch all the time.

They are supposed to be adding 1000-1500 hours of new content in the next few months.

I like VOOM, a lot. Over the past month, I have watched more from the VOOM pack than from the HBO or Showtime pack, and more than all of the networks added together. Part of is that not only do like movies, but I have enjoyed several concerts from Soundstage, several scenic/cultural shows from Equator and Gallery, and occasionally the odd show from others.

I do find that Voom is good for the ocassional HD demo but lacks a variety of content. Part of my challenge is I'm using the DVR so if there something on, I record it. Later when I look at the Voom schedule I see almost nothing but repeats of the thing I just recorded.

It just seems a mystery why it is taking so long to get a decent variety of HD content. No wonder HD is taking so long to get established. I just hope it isn't the problem of mutual exclusion. HD content will be produced once there are enough people who want it, but people won't invest in HD until there is significant variety of HD content.

voripteth said:
I do find that Voom is good for the ocassional HD demo but lacks a variety of content. Part of my challenge is I'm using the DVR so if there something on, I record it. Later when I look at the Voom schedule I see almost nothing but repeats of the thing I just recorded.

It just seems a mystery why it is taking so long to get a decent variety of HD content. No wonder HD is taking so long to get established. I just hope it isn't the problem of mutual exclusion. HD content will be produced once there are enough people who want it, but people won't invest in HD until there is significant variety of HD content.

There is already a signifigant variety of HD content, you'd just have to import it. COUGHJapanCOUGH. Seriously.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)