Voom channels "Hard to stomach"

shanewalker

Overall, an O.K. Guy
Supporting Founder
Mar 15, 2005
KC/MO!
Bottom line is, you don't need or shouldn't be asked to trade ANY hi-def programming for any more other programming.

Ridiculous line-of-questioning. Voom should stay...and we should get all the new national channels.

Be patient--it will come. And if not, vote with your wallet and your TV, rather than your mouth on a forum. It's the same argument that made me switch from D* years back when they showed no signs of adding the HD programming I wanted.

Why go to such great lengths to dis a channel package you don't have to sub to? Move on.

jokeworm

SatelliteGuys Pro
Jul 29, 2006
Tulsa. Ok.
Since the precedent has been set, please keep this thread anti-voom only. There's already a thread for pro-voom discussion.

So basically you want a discussion where people simply say "yah me too" hardly a discussion now is it ;)

I say lets have both ...

I want to keep my voom and also have all of the above ...

Yes616

SatelliteGuys Pro
Mar 8, 2006
Poinciana Place, FL
I lost interest in this topic 15 replies ago. I wanted some interested convesation, what we got was a war.

Hey darrencp.. My thread (Voom Rocks!) is headed to the war zone as well.

I was just looking to create a thread to discuss the good stuff on VoOM. I also invited this thread for anti-VoOmer's to be created.

I guess we should have figured. :rolleyes:

whatchel1

SatelliteGuys Master
Sep 30, 2006
Great High Plains
Enuff V* bashing

I think there has been enuff V* bashing. These are niche channels & so many are not going to care for them. Thing is once D* adds all these main stream channels that D* is running now we will have the best of all. The thing has been for a very long time that D* has pushed the sports thing. I'm not into the sports but if you are there is no reason to "B" about V*. I won't be migrating to D* anytime soon due to the fact if I did it wounld mean loosing RAVE. This is far superior to MHD & VH1 HD. There are reruns on all of them. I have even watched the some Ultra, Monsters, Film Fest, Gallery, & Equator.

yaz96

Baby, It's Cold Outside
Dec 22, 2005
Front Range, Colorado
I love this quote from D's new ad campaign, obviously referring to VOOM channels:

"While Dish Network has HD that’s hard to stomach."

Whose with me on this? Who would like to sacrifice the VOOM channels for stations most of us actually like? Since the precedent has been set, please keep this thread anti-voom only. There's already a thread for pro-voom discussion.

Please switch to Direct already. I'm tired of your whiny, bitching and moaning. If you switch to D* you can clog up their forums instead! :eek:

Spatch

SatelliteGuys Pro
Jun 15, 2004
Northeast, PA
BTW... if there is such a demand for these channels, why in the world would D got out of its way to put out an AD saying basically, this is what E is offering, want something good? come to us.

Because they don't have those channels.
I am getting very close to putting you on my ignore list. Why don't you just switch to D already and quit your crying.

Rangers484

SatelliteGuys Pro
Pub Member / Supporter
Jul 21, 2007
Palmyra, Virginia, United States
Why are some being so short sited? In the first quarter of next year when E11 is launched and E* has every HD channel that D* offers, E* will also have 15 VOOM Channels that D* does not offer.

It's called a competitive advantage, being able to offer something your competitors don't.

It could, in the end, be the deciding factor for some subscribers to decide between E* and D*.

In the meantime we will have to wait a bit for the next satellite to launch for the mass additions of HD that D* is undergoing.

tsc

SatelliteGuys Pro
Nov 3, 2006
Cincinnati, OH
Obviously you don't know that Optimum IS CABLEVISION - and I said they added it recently (actually only 4 months ago as I said).

From my post:
1) Why did it take CABLEVISION over 2 years from VOOM NETWORKS demise for them to carry even 1 VOOM channel on any of their systems? They just added it, so it certainly was NOT a bandwidth issue. This certainly would have provided a great deal of brand awareness - and a huge portion of it in the DMA where DISH is very weak due to its non-carriage of the YES network. For gosh sakes this is THEIR own product!http://www.satelliteguys.us/cablevision-cable-forum/99547-voom-hd-coming-june-26th-through-28th.html

Apology already accepted.

This reminds me of something -- why does my local TWC system (and a LOT of other TWC systems) not offer Cinemax HD? Time Warner owns Cinemax as far as I know, they were quick to add TBSHD to systems, so why not add Cinemax HD?

Whatever the answer is, I think it applies to your question as well, in some form.

I don't want to add fuel to the fire, just thought I'd throw that out there. I don't care if the V* channels stay or go, I do find myself occasionally watching them.

wase4711

SatelliteGuys Pro
Jul 22, 2004
Outside Chicago
Boy talk about a subject being beaten to death endlessly on this forum..
Voom is no worse than so much of the other garbage hogging bandwidth stuff out there, and NO, I wouldnt drop it to get Weather Channel HD or Cartoon Network in strech-o-vision.
When Dish has the bandwidth, or decides to add some of the junk that Direct TV has recently added, it will just make Dish that much better..Until then, everyone chooses cable/dish/direct based on their PERSONAL PREFERENCES, and WHAT THEY CAN AFFORD...Its really just that simple..

jerryez

Supporting Founder
Supporting Founder
Sep 8, 2003
Pensacola,FL
Voom is real HD and commercial free. Who wants stretched commercials and stretched programs. ie: Weather channel, scifi, USA etc. I want scifi, but in HD, not stretched SD.

mikesd

SatelliteGuys Family
Aug 12, 2006
Monsters HD is enough on it's own to keep me with E*, and Rave is awesome also. Personally I do not want to lose any HD channels, I want Charlie to get a new bird flying and add everything that is available. :up

darrencp22

SatelliteGuys Pro
Aug 10, 2007
Lockport, NY (Buffalo Suburb)
ya know, the other thing I thought about is the fact it IS commercial free. How much of my $20 is going to these channels that have little interest except for the people here. If we're going to heve these, they should be optional. These programs, salaries, production, etc of these channels are being funded somehow, if not by commericals, it shouldnt be forced upon us.

sprintcarcrazy

SatelliteGuys Pro
Supporting Founder
Dec 18, 2003
If you don't like Voom, then:

1. Don't watch them, a large majority of us like them

2. If you think you are wasting money on them, then quit bitching and switch providers !

3. I would not trade my Voom for, anything Direct TV has added so far, plain and simple !

Speed HD, lol, SD Stretchovision until February !!! If Dish doesn't pick it up then, or soon after they really go HD, then I might be a little ticked...

The Direct Smoke and Mirros things really get to some of you !

3G-GT

Oct 20, 2006
Oklahoma
ya know, the other thing I thought about is the fact it IS commercial free. How much of my $20 is going to these channels that have little interest except for the people here. If we're going to heve these, they should be optional. These programs, salaries, production, etc of these channels are being funded somehow, if not by commericals, it shouldnt be forced upon us.

Everybody is paying for channels they don't like... HD and SD... If we started a thread about channels we dont watch then every channel would be included in one.

Nobody watches or likes the Voom channels besides people on these forums? :rolleyes:

If you don't like them just block them... It's not that hard.

Madtown HD Junkie

Occasional Supreme Being
Supporting Founder
Jun 3, 2004
Madison, WI
so after years and years of no content now we complain when we have content??
I doubt it would make good business sense to remove Voom and Voom does offer some good shows. They offer true HD, not stretch-o-vision, and while I also want more HD....have some patience. E* has had more HD for a long time and to get the thong twisted because we are behind a few channels after years of being on top is silly. I used to watch as a D* sub while they turned off Sunday channels to fit in the ST and listen to promise after promise about more HD only to get nothing. Be happy more is coming to both providers as competition in the marketplace is good for all.

Ronnie-

Member of the Year
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Aug 28, 2007
mississippi
If you don't like Voom, then:

1. Don't watch them, a large majority of us like them

2. If you think you are wasting money on them, then quit bitching and switch providers !

3. I would not trade my Voom for, anything Direct TV has added so far, plain and simple !

Speed HD, lol, SD Stretchovision until February !!! If Dish doesn't pick it up then, or soon after they really go HD, then I might be a little ticked...

The Direct Smoke and Mirros things really get to some of you !
We understand your point. You state it over and over on multiple threads

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)