Voom Charging Sales Tax

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

johnpete

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Nov 24, 2003
Just looked at my Voom on-line account and they are charging sales tax. I have Dish and they haven't been charging (I think) sales tax.

I live in Arizona... have things changed?

John

Yeah, that really blows.
I'm wondering if Direct and Dish do really charge sales tax. :confused:

HD Junkie said:
Yeah, that really blows.
I'm wondering if Direct and Dish do really charge sales tax. :confused:

I just looked at my D* bill...and no they don't. I do own the equipment though.

I also live in arizona and subscribe to both Voom and Dish....but only Voom charges state sales tax. I e-mailed Voom Customer service and was told the reason they include the tax is because they do business in all 48 continuous states(through the parent company cablevision I assume) so they are required to collect the tax. I trouble
accepting that reason, if both direct TV and Dish don't have this same restriction I
can't imagine why Voom does. I do know there are a few states(3 or 4) that have passsed laws imposing this tax on satellite subscribers but Dish and Direct TV have joined forces to oppose this by providing addresses of lawmakers for each effected state on their websites.

They charge tax? I haven't got my first bill yet. Man I think this might be the straw the broke the camel's back. Lockups, bad picture quality, slow channel changes, not even half the channels, lockups, no pay per view, charging taxes, ota problems...... Voom is starting to look stupid. I dindn't have to go to forums for DirecTV or Charter to complain. If my bill is $1 off what the quoted me so long Voom.

Obviously, I live in Washington State and we get charged...

sales tax on VOOM here as well. Never having had any other sat. service don't know it they are taxed as well but in Washington but I wouldn't be surprised. We do have tax on Comcast broadband as well.

A scorcher (hey it's going to be 75-80) in Seattle, Gill

They are running TV commericails in AZ to sponsor a new bill (tax) for out of state satellite companies to be taxed. The money is supposed to go to 1st responders of forest fires because the state is broke.

When in reality they are paid by state and federal funds, and now more taxation upon of the taxation it took from us via state and federal.

This is a state issue people.

Contact your state reps if you are unhappy about it. But keep in mind that if more people would quit cheating on their taxes then the state governments wouldn't be forced to, or have an excuse to do stuff like this.

txdude said:
This is a state issue people.

Contact your state reps if you are unhappy about it. But keep in mind that if more people would quit cheating on their taxes then the state governments wouldn't be forced to, or have an excuse to do stuff like this.
Just 1 more reason to consider saying ADIOS to Voom. What a bad weekend for this start-up service-customers seem to be "running for the hills"-i.e. S. Mota(Forum Moderator)

eschu97611 said:
Just 1 more reason to consider saying ADIOS to Voom. What a bad weekend for this start-up service-customers seem to be "running for the hills"-i.e. S. Mota(Forum Moderator)

If your state has passed legislation that taxes out of state satellite providers then this will affect more than just Voom, unless you reside in a state where that provider is based.

txdude said:
If your state has passed legislation that taxes out of state satellite providers then this will affect more than just Voom, unless you reside in a state where that provider is based.
No such law here in Cali-it's just Voom=what a shame!!!-

D* does not charge sales tax for Virginia customers. Depends on the state. I know they were having a fight with north carolina about it.

If they charge tax and there is no tax than it is tax fraud

Taxes are often sold as helping a pecific cause or relabeled "fees" or "Revenue enhancement measures". They are taxes. The state can impose them but you can lobby to have the laws imposinig them changed as well.

Just checked online account....no taxes charged.....total was 94.80 (VaVa Voom 79.95 + Playboy 14.85)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)