VOOM Goes BOOM - update Dish Drops all 15 VOOM Channels

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Interesting that three of the biggest haters are the ones with the most posts. Did someone say antagonizers???? Naahhhhhhh...

And HDRoberts, you say you're not a VOOM hater, but you sure seem to be a hater of people that enjoyed VOOM and still want to talk about it. A little disrespectful, don't ya think?

I see math isn't one of your better talents. You do know that 139 is more than 84, don't you?

Prove to me that he didn't drop Voom because customers didn't want to pay extra for it.
Is it just a coincidence, that when put in to it own tier and subs dropped voom, that is when Charlie wanted out. Could it be that Voom wasn't producing what they promised and a majority of viewers drop them to save $10. That would push me to want to drop them.

We could also argue with Dish's poor earnings over the last 8 months is directly related to them dropping Voom. Certainly the earnings report that came after Voom was removed.

Interesting that three of the biggest haters are the ones with the most posts. Did someone say antagonizers???? Naahhhhhhh..
Why you got to bring me into this?
I see your little childish trick by putting 3 of us in red.
Whats your point Exactly?
I think the "Song Name Game" is calling you! Maybe you could post another 1800 times in there and let the adults talk now.

So I can't be nostalgic about the day Charlie dropped some dead weight. Seriously, if a separate forum was made for Voom nostalgia it would have about 10 members who posted all the time and it would contain more repeats than a Voom channel.

Nope 12. You and Roberts couldn't stay away.

Its sad but I see the same people showing up starting trouble. People come into this thread to comiserate about something treasured and valued to them.

I, personally would not take pleasure in comming onto a thread with the main purpose of antagonizing others?

Whats the point?

Have fun elsewhere...

Find another thread with people who share your common interests.

You know, it takes two to argue, otherwise it is a short, onesided discussion. :p

Again, the ignore:up button is available.

Its sad but I see the same people showing up starting trouble. People come into this thread to comiserate about something treasured and valued to them.

I, personally would not take pleasure in comming onto a thread with the main purpose of antagonizing others?

Whats the point?

Have fun elsewhere...

Find another thread with people who share your common interests.

Well, there do seem to be other anti-voomers in this thread so, I'd say I found people who share common interest.:D

Just kidding. I swear.:)

Like I said before. Commiserate. Just don't be a revisionist about why it was yanked.

Your right, You guys are just to amusing. It is like watching a car crash, I don't want to see it but I can't pull my eyes away.:D

I personally find your contempt of those of us who enjoyed Voom's programming almost as annoying as your lack of English language skills.

"your [Sic] right" - should be "you're right"

"just to [Sic] amusing" - should be "just too amusing"

Voomers - let's all consider the source of these nasty comments.

I didn't realize that the topic of this thread was "why we loved voom". I thought it was "VOOM goes BOOM" a discussion about why Voom is no longer on Dish.

The Voom trolls (voom lovers) just need to keep crying over spilled milk and when anyone points out how silly that is the Voom trolls (Voom lovers) cry even louder.

No...the topic of this thread should be:

"Anyone with almost 100 posts in a single thread with the sole purpose of negativity, harassing Voom viewers, and gloating over their loss of programming has a bit of a personal problem and desparately needs mental help on many, many levels because normal human beings don't conduct themselves is such a negative and crass way at others expense."

Of course I am not talking about any one person specifically here, but if anyone would like to take up the challenge and look for any one specific poster who has almost 100 posts in this thread that sound exactly in the manner in which I described, than by all means...lets address that individual by name and discuss who the TROLL really is!

Definition: "An Internet troll, or simply troll in Internet slang, is someone who posts controversial, inflammatory, irrelevant or off-topic messages in an online community, such as an online discussion forum or chat room, with the intention of provoking other users into an emotional response[1] or to generally disrupt normal on-topic discussion.[2]"

Nope...description doesn't sound like any of the Voomer in this thread...you might be thinking of something else. Good luck in your troll quest, I won't need luck in mine.

Go with God, Spatch...

No...the topic of this thread should be:

"Anyone with almost 100 posts in a single thread with the sole purpose of negativity, harassing Voom viewers, and gloating over their loss of programming has a bit of a personal problem and desparately needs mental help on many, many levels because normal human beings don't conduct themselves is such a negative and crass way at others expense."

Of course I am not talking about any one person specifically here, but if anyone would like to take up the challenge and look for any one specific poster who has almost 100 posts in this thread that sound exactly in the manner in which I described, than by all means...lets address that individual by name and discuss who the TROLL really is!

Definition: "An Internet troll, or simply troll in Internet slang, is someone who posts controversial, inflammatory, irrelevant or off-topic messages in an online community, such as an online discussion forum or chat room, with the intention of provoking other users into an emotional response[1] or to generally disrupt normal on-topic discussion.[2]"

Nope...description doesn't sound like any of the Voomer in this thread...you might be thinking of something else. Good luck in your troll quest, I won't need luck in mine.

Go with God, Spatch...

SHOULD be? Come on vampz, he has a point. Both sides have an equal right to post here. The title is doesnt stipulate this being a voom supporters only thread. Agree with it or not (not saying I care one way or the other) both sides have a right to post here. Nobody is trolling here IMHO

Unfortunately it will not help you much - those 'ignored' post comes up as quotas. :(

I didnt think a person on ignore would show up unless quoted. I could be wrong, I havent put anyone on ignore. If I dont want to talk to them, I simply dont reply. In any case, if everyone annoyed would ignore it wouldnt be a problem

Last edited:
SHOULD be? Come on vampz, he has a point. Both sides have an equal right to post here. The title is doesnt stipulate this being a voom supporters only thread. Agree with it or not (not saying I care one way or the other) both sides have a right to post here. Nobody is trolling here IMHO

I'm not talking about opinion...I'm talking about attitude....

You can figure out the difference, right?

There are others with a difference of opinion who are not 'all or nothing', do compromise, and DON'T feel the need to display such negativity towards the topic and other posters...

And thats just MY opinion...

I'm not talking about opinion...I'm talking about attitude....

You can figure out the difference, right?

There are others with a difference of opinion who are not 'all or nothing', do compromise, and DON'T feel the need to display such negativity towards the topic and other posters...

And thats just MY opinion...

Yes,I can figure out the difference. I personally see just as much non tolerance from both sides. Voom isnt the only topic where this type of negative posting has come up. If one doesnt agree with the subject matter for some reason they tend to speak out. It happens everywhere. As long as its not against the rules it is fine.

Yes,I can figure out the difference. I personally see just as much non tolerance from both sides. Voom isnt the only topic where this type of negative posting has come up. If one doesnt agree with the subject matter for some reason they tend to speak out. It happens everywhere. As long as its not against the rules it is fine.

Yup...and you've been such a voice of reason every time...:D :D :D

It is what it is...you can't change that....Spatch wants to troll Voom threads to insite argument, then Spatch wants to troll Voom threads to insite argument...

And naturally, you support him...lets face it...you love to side with the aggressors...I hope it suits you well...:D

Listen, the last thing I want to do is surf at night and fight with those that want to on an f'n computer.. I get enough of that with my job. I make it a point to try and be polite to those that constantly troll. And I have respect for others interests eventhough I might not share the same interests. Its easy to act like a big man behind a computer screen. I just want to come here on occasion and discuss Voom. Why can't I do that without all the negatives?

I guess the only thing left for some of us to do is to put 2-3 people on the ignore list. I have never done this before but I can see you guys are not reasonable. Pretty pathetic!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)