Voom here in 30 min !!

johnfaas said:
Well installer called and is on his way ! They have the dish and STB but not the upgraded ant .
Will keep you posted after the install !

Keep us updated with installation...and give us your opinion of the system.

!

Installer came and everything went good ! Looks good so far !

One thing , I seem to be loosing some of the pic (like it is expanded or something ) like the news on top is cut off ?
I have 65 mitsu wide HDTV should I change something on the Voom settings ?

johnfaas said:

One thing , I seem to be loosing some of the pic (like it is expanded or something ) like the news on top is cut off ?

I have the same TV - and the same issue. I think it's just overscan on the part of the Mits (as I think I've hooked up the box to my Dell 17" LCD and didn't have the overscan issue.

It would be nice to know if there's anything I can do to change it. Anyone else know?

deArgila said:
I have the same TV - and the same issue. I think it's just overscan on the part of the Mits (as I think I've hooked up the box to my Dell 17" LCD and didn't have the overscan issue.

It would be nice to know if there's anything I can do to change it. Anyone else know?
Yes let me know !

He used my dish net cable , the upgraded ant didn't come in . He will run a new lead all the way to the STB when it comes in.
The tech was sub'd from Installs inc , Digital Satellite Solutions.

deArgila said:

get into your hidden service menu on you tv and change horizontal and vertical stretch and position. then redo your convergence points. Heres a link to get into your service menu.

http://www.keohi.com/keohihdtv/brandspecific/mitsubishi/mitsu_servicecodes.html

FYI I use discoveryHD channel and its logo to set the lower right corner and Worldsports awful soccer scoreboard to set the upper left corner (it is extremely close to the edge of the picture) If you can get those two things on your screen on those two channels youve done a pretty good job. And are getting about the Whole picture.

vurbano said:
get into your hidden service menu on you tv and change horizontal and vertical stretch and position. then redo your convergence points. Heres a link to get into your service menu.

http://www.keohi.com/keohihdtv/brandspecific/mitsubishi/mitsu_servicecodes.html

FYI I use discoveryHD channel and its logo to set the lower right corner and Worldsports awful soccer scoreboard to set the upper left corner (it is extremely close to the edge of the picture) If you can get those two things on your screen on those two channels youve done a pretty good job. And are getting about the Whole picture.

Be VERY careful if you go into the service menu, you can REALLY mess up your TV.

You need to know what your are doing, and NOTE ALL original values.

Called Mits. and they said it is a free fix and they gave me a local Mits Diamond repair shop #.
Called them and the will be out on Mon afternoon !

Been channel surfing and everything seems to be working fine ! Cant wait to get the OTA Ant. hooked up, the installer said I need a good Ant because I am 55 miles from NYC and 62 miles from Philly.

johnfaas

I also live by the Jersey Shore and I'm able to get NBC, Fox & ABC. I'm having trouble with CBS but the installer will be coming out next Saturday to install and upgraded over the air antenna and remove the diplexor (this has been know to cause issues with other users). I'll let you know if this fixes the problem.

!

Signal came up after over night download ! 96 !

Attachments

• PICT0007b.JPG
    PICT0007b.JPG
    39.8 KB · Views: 220
There is a BIG difference between the new software (5.68) and what we used to have. Now with an equipment shortage that is delaying installations for new subscribers, I would guess that new Motorola STB's would come pre-loaded with 5.68. That would be a good thing. Of course, I'm just guessing.

johnfaas said:

The tec came and fixed the over scan prob than did a re cal.Now I can see the whole top on the news and the clock on the games !
The TV is perfect now !

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)