Voom Install Questions

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

gcubed

Original poster
Jun 1, 2004
Philadelphia, PA
I live in an apartment and am moving to a 2 bedroom... which happens to have LOS to 61.5 :D but i was told i cant affix a satelitte to the apt building itself. I was wondering if the installers would do something custom. I have a balcony at my apt, and my old place i used to have a pole with the sat attached to the end of it and set up correctly. This seems like i would have to do the same thing or be creative in a different way. (My balcony is in the perfect position for Voom to be on) Would installers install it this way if i supply the mounting pole, or does anyone have other ideas how to accomplish this? Thanks!

You have a right to use this space. Installers will charge you probably $100+ for bucket, cement, and pole + labor. You might might want to go to home depot and make it yourself and it will cost you $30.

You can do a bucket mount, but be sure that the installer will do it. Some installing companies won't do them cause of the service calls they produce. Another option is a tripod mount, which might cost you some coin, or this, again costs quite a bit, but cool as hell... :)

http://www.cubsat.net/

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)