VOOM Installations

PSB said:
I am going for my VOOM training tomorrow ( hope I get a hat!) I cant wait as I really enjoy training courses, and I am very keen on VOOM! (and I really need a hat)

Welcome! What type of training will it be, if I may ask?

Voom installation/Certification, Just think one day all TV will be in HD. I am still knocked out with HDTV, first time I installed a HD system I thought I was going to fall into the screen! It was so real !!!!! I dont have HD my self yet but I am sure it will only be a matter of time with all the free to air Ku Band HD broadcasts up there and the satellite cards for computers getting cheaper all the time. I will post again and let you know what I think of the product after the training (hat?)

Voom chicago

Sean Mota said:
Ok. Not to create any confusion here is part that needs to point to transmitter.

Yes, I think that's your problem. Once you are able to rotate to the proper location you will get your locals.

Sean,

on the steath antenna should the same "end" point in a simaller way as the pic you supplied?

My steath points "arrow head" (point) to towers. I am 4, plus or minus 0.5, miles away and get between 60 and 70 signal strength in wbbm, which in chicago which is the hardest OTA to get, with no drops so far.

1 reset of box to report 10:45 cst pm....while swicthing channels quite "rapidly."

Other know BUGS noticed, but bearable until SW update.

Buzzed must go,

Sean

ps-Sean if you could, combine "chicago voom" threads and sticky? maybe one for NYC, LI, LA, DAL, FL, and by region's there after?

Seanb61 said:
Sean,

on the steath antenna should the same "end" point in a simaller way as the pic you supplied?

My steath points "arrow head" (point) to towers. I am 4, plus or minus 0.5, miles away and get between 60 and 70 signal strength in wbbm, which in chicago which is the hardest OTA to get, with no drops so far.

1 reset of box to report 10:45 cst pm....while swicthing channels quite "rapidly."

Other know BUGS noticed, but bearable until SW update.

Buzzed must go,

Sean

ps-Sean if you could, combine "chicago voom" threads and sticky? maybe one for NYC, LI, LA, DAL, FL, and by region's there after?

I believe so regarding the antenna pointing.

You may create any thread related to your area and if I see enough users for it I will stick it.

PSB said:
Voom installation/Certification, Just think one day all TV will be in HD. I am still knocked out with HDTV, first time I installed a HD system I thought I was going to fall into the screen! It was so real !!!!! I dont have HD my self yet but I am sure it will only be a matter of time with all the free to air Ku Band HD broadcasts up there and the satellite cards for computers getting cheaper all the time. I will post again and let you know what I think of the product after the training (hat?)

Good to have it you here. You can give us your perspective from the installer point of view. Thanks.

Seanb61 said:
on the steath antenna should the same "end" point in a similar way as the pic you supplied?

I don't think it's the same with the Stealth because ChannelMaster designates it as LM (Large Multidirectional). I assume thats why Voom uses it since it shouldn't require constant adjustment and isn't as directional and finicky as the Yagis.

Bill

I haven't climbed on my roof yet because its raining this morning.

But I just noticed that my WB isn't mapped in the guide --

WDWB-DT 21.1 WB DETROIT MI 294° 12.9 21

Zipcode 48224.

How do I get that channel mapped?

My fox and nbc started coming in pretty good this morning (occasional dropouts) so hopefully when I re-aim my antenna I will get them all.

rollerfink said:
I haven't climbed on my roof yet because its raining this morning.

But I just noticed that my WB isn't mapped in the guide --

WDWB-DT 21.1 WB DETROIT MI 294° 12.9 21

Zipcode 48224.

How do I get that channel mapped?

My fox and nbc started coming in pretty good this morning (occasional dropouts) so hopefully when I re-aim my antenna I will get them all.

Send me an email to Sean_Mota@satelliteguys.us with your full name, address, and zip code and which channel is not mapped. I will request that for you.

Well I got up on my roof but it was too steep and I got scurred. :eek:

I'll have to either call the installers back out or try a set top antenna.

Whoo Hoo! I got back on the roof this morning armed with a long hooked pole and I turned my antenna around from the part of the roof that isn't so scurry... And now it works!!!

OTA signals in the 40s.

Another reschedule for installation?

Is this common? I was originally scheduled for last Friday and then was told a while back that it would be today. After calling into Emerald Coast today, I was told that it would have to be rescheduled since UPS did not ship the install boxes on time (of course it is UPS's fault) till Wednesday. Apparently the Voom install kits had not made them to the contractors. How fun. Has anyone encountered this before?
Hopefully some of these contractors have seen the Voom product before. Otherwise, I might be in for a real duzzy of an install. (HAHA)

Landline Question:
BTW, what is the deal with the need for a landline connection? Is this some kind of security aspect with Voom and will it fail to work if not connected to a working phone line? One more thing, can the line be run directly to the public telephone utility box like the alarm system or to an internal walljack. Wouldn't think it should matter but just curious.

Regards,
Andy

Had Voom installation planned for today, Monday 3-8-04 between 8 am and noon. Called Voom at 11:30 am at 1800getvoom, and was told to give them a little more time. I asked them to call the iinstaller. She gave me the name of the company, the installer's name and an 800 number. At about 12:10 pm someone called to say it would be wednesday; that number came across on the caller id from nevada, but who really knows. I already have DirecTV. I'm calling them to see what they can offer in HD. Unfortunately I doubt any better installation timing from them. It really makes me want to stay with DirectTV anyway to protest, from what I have been reading on this site, what looks like will be a long ridiculously drawn out process with the installers.

Anybody have experience with DirecTVHD?

Yeah I also had an install (my first scheduled one) scheduled for today and I got a call yesterday
from the installer saying he hadn't gotten the equipment yet either and couldn't
do it. I've called Installs Inc. to reschedule but it looks like I'll have to wait another
week to get it installed unless the installer can do something in the meantime.
Installer I spoke to was very nice and knowledgeable, and has done several V* installs.

I had an install today (monday march 8th), but the installer called last saturday saying the equipment wasnt it. Rescheduled for this thursday.

I had an install scheduled for Sat. (3/6). I received a call 6pm on Fri. saying....you guessed it, my equipment hadn't come in yet! Installer said he'd call this week when it came in. He was blaming Fedex.

Sean - is there anyway to get extra OTA channels mapped to my receiver? They do not show up on zap2it, but on Antennaweb.org it says they are only 8.8 miles from my house. I should be able to get them.

Zip Code: 46530
Stations:
WNIT-DT 34.1
WNIT 34
WMWB-LP 25
WBND-LP 57

faithntim said:
Sean - is there anyway to get extra OTA channels mapped to my receiver? They do not show up on zap2it, but on Antennaweb.org it says they are only 8.8 miles from my house. I should be able to get them.

Zip Code: 46530
Stations:
WNIT-DT 34.1
WNIT 34
WMWB-LP 25
WBND-LP 57

email me to Sean_Mota@satelliteguys.us your address and zipcode with the channels that you are missing the above list.

Connecting 2 DVI-1 components to TV

Weird OTA Problem

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts