VOOM Installations

xboxer said:
I am getting everything except the locals, it just says 0-4 etc and when you select it says no signal check back later...

Select any local channel that you can easily get and then go to the system settings and check your over the air strength. What is it?

Im installed!

Ok I am all installed! I will do a full writeup later, but for now the guys in chat wanted pictures...

So Here you go!

Note the big BOX on the ground, that was the garbage left behind by the installers. (grr)

Attachments

• 101_0107.JPG
    101_0107.JPG
    87.3 KB · Views: 1,833
  • 101_0109.JPG
    101_0109.JPG
    97.5 KB · Views: 257
  • 101_0106.JPG
    101_0106.JPG
    63.6 KB · Views: 1,418
I have two boxes, the one upstairs that has no antenna hooked to it has all the local channels listed but none of the info is listed. The downstairs one wont evan let me select any locals none are mapped as far as I can tell.

xboxer said:
I have two boxes, the one upstairs that has no antenna hooked to it has all the local channels listed but none of the info is listed. The downstairs one wont evan let me select any locals none are mapped as far as I can tell.

Go to this site:

http://tvlistings4.zap2it.com/cabdbs/grid.asp?partner_id=cabdbs

enter your zipcode and compare the locals here to your program guide. Did you do this?

Scott, you have an angle for a wife letting you put all the dishes up. Whatever you do keep her happy :D

Mine, she can't wait for me to tear down my 61.5 Dish 300 now that I don't need it due to the D* Phase III.

Wow..just signed up...install on 3/15!!!

Well I finally jumped in the Voom Revolution! :yes
Just got off the phone with CSR (Super nice and knowledgable) and am all set for a Monday 3/15 install!!!

Can't wait to see my new HDTV actually viewing HD...!!!
:rainbow

K4LK said:
It looks like they mounted a support arm on the front of the Stealth?

Yeah, whats with that? Shouldn't it be mounted to the Dish arm/assembly?

cmsth1.jpg

Bill

Oh thanks Acerone...that's all I need, more delays!
Seriously now...I guess you are mentioning this because the installer might not be available? Wouldn't Voom have access to the installers calenders? How can they schedule for them if not?

I know the guys at "wilmington ecb" here in wilmington and called them and they said they have the equiptment, and that they will see me monday morning around 8:30 a.m.well go to go for now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ah the Ides of March are upon us! Me too, but this will be the second install attempt (the first guy was incompetent). So I agree, be prepared to be flexible.

xboxer said:
None of those channels are showing up. Just from cinema on up, the locals just show as 0-4 4-8 8-15 and thats it..

Do a factory reset. It should get you locals.

Press the following buttons on the remote control unit:
a. VoOm
b. Green Button (To access Options and Settings screen)
c. Select "System Settings" menu option
d. Select option 8 "Installation Settings"
e. Press "9 8 8" on the remote control unit.
f. The "System Configuration" menu will have the following options:
(1) Manual Tune
(2) SD Audio & Video Test
(3) HD Audio & Video Test
(4) Modem Setup & Test
(5) Authorization Reset
(6) Factory Reset
(7) Audio Test Mode

The STB might default to 720p and you will need to adjust the resolution to 1080i. If you get weird numbers on the OTA mapping, do a reboot by holding power button for 5 seconds and letting go.

Being a fellow Seattle (Sultan actually) dweller, I'm curious as to your install and dish pointing / signal issues you've had lately.

I'm highly doubting I can get a VOOM signal due to trees and mountain ridges, but try and get a compass reading and altitude angle off your final dish placement and post the numbers if you can.

I'm sick and tired of Dishnetwork! So I'm hoping VOOM will work. I like your comment of using the Dishnetwork receiver to get signal strength for a test.

Please do keep us posted.

Connecting 2 DVI-1 components to TV

Weird OTA Problem

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)