VOOM Installations

call Voom corporate too. Worst case they should give you a credit for the shodiness.

I keep getting the run around with Voom, Installs Inc (if I get transferred there one more time I am going to scream) --- Does anyone have a direct # to contact someone in charge that mind help? No one knows when or how or who is going to complete this installation for me.

Sounds promising at this point. Does anyone from Voom or Installs, Inc read this forum?
Might be helpful to them to see the level of service that I am receiving here.

Thanks,
Andy

Crypto said:
I keep getting the run around with Voom, Installs Inc (if I get transferred there one more time I am going to scream) --- Does anyone have a direct # to contact someone in charge that mind help? No one knows when or how or who is going to complete this installation for me.

Sounds promising at this point. Does anyone from Voom or Installs, Inc read this forum?
Might be helpful to them to see the level of service that I am receiving here.

Thanks,
Andy

Send an email to both: Joe Harkins and Wilt. Let them know your story and ask what's going on?

"Joe Harkins" <jharkins@installs.com>
wilth@optonline.net with

I would call the police and report these guys for damaging your house and cutting your cable. That's just rediculous!
Sean Mota said:
Send an email to both: Joe Harkins and Wilt. Let them know your story and ask what's going on?

wilth@optonline.net with

you guys do realize that all satellite dishes are installed by the same people, right? the completley incompenent nincompoop who installed mine, well, i did most of the work, installs directv and dish network, etc. he left the trash (plastic, plastic tie thingys, boxes, etc.) all over the living room when he left, and, he totally thrashed my carpet when running the line into the house. installs inc seems that they are going to bat for me, but the people that actually did the install, crave electronics, i doubt will handle this professionally.

Sean Mota said:

wilth@optonline.net with

Just emailed them both with the details. Are they pretty good and responsive about issues???

Thanks!!!
Andy
;)

Appalling story, Crypto! I agree that VOOM should make good on it, even if it wasn't VOOM's direct fault, as an apology and to show that they value your business.

I am not a VOOMER nor HDTV owner yet. I am ready to jump on both. But I have to wait until the install reports are more reassuring, especially after your horror story. :yikes !sadroll

Email back from Wilt on this issue:

Okay, let's see what I can stir up. All I can do right now is, both, apologize and be embarrassed--but it won't stop there.
Wilt

Crypto. Call Lori Hinchman at Voom's coporate headquarters:
XXXX

That's the number I was given when I complained about a similar install problem. Voom seems VERY concerned about the bad installer experiences we are having.

Thanks --- Left a message for her to contact me back. Appreciate the support and the information, guys!

Andy

They will answer and they will be upset about it you can also call LORI she will take care..remember these guys are low wage people and act it sometimes it's not really vooms fault or it is if "the buck stops here" They want it to improve

Lori was absolutely fabulous!!! She was actually contacted by Wilt on this issue. She called me and apologized profusely for the level of service that had received this morning. She told me that this would be escalated and a new unit would be overnighted to their most reputable installer in the area and the installation would be scheduled ASAP. She also informed me that there would be action taken against this contractor directly for this issue. She also told me that I should NEVER pay out of pocket for anything from a contractor at my house --- they are paid by Voom for their work.

Hopefully, she will contact me back with more good news and a target date for this fiasco to be rescheduled very soon! Thank you Lori for your amazing work ethic and attention to the customer! --- Thanks guys again for the support!

Will keep you all posted. Maybe Voom will make this right after all! :D
Andy

I'm getting installed on Saturday by a company called Shasta Satellite, I don't know if they are contracted by Installs, Inc or not. If this is the same Shasta Satellite that I found on the internet, they are coming from the Redding, CA area all the way to just south of Portland, OR. Seems they could've found an installer a bit closer.

I emailed the company this morning and told them what my current situation is and what I needed so they would be totally prepared when they show up.

Sorry to hear this story, what a joke showing up with out a drill ready to go! I was trained in cable/modem installation and those guys would not last a day in the cable industry! Thats one reason to ask for a State licensed installer in person to do your install. I am sure Voom / I.Inc. will get it right in the end.

Sorry to hear

Crypto,

sorry to hear about your sh***y install. I will be getting my Voom install done on Monday. How can I find out who is going to do the install to make sure that when I take off from work they show up?

Thanks for everyones info.

I will know what to do in case of a fiasco!

Bill

Videofx said:
Crypto,

sorry to hear about your sh***y install. I will be getting my Voom install done on Monday. How can I find out who is going to do the install to make sure that when I take off from work they show up?

Thanks for everyones info.

I will know what to do in case of a fiasco!

Bill

Here's the number for installs inc 888 987 3474. Let them know that you would like to speak to the installer.

Great Install Experience

I posted this on another forum, but will share it here also in case some do not read both.

After reading all of the install horror stories I thought I would
share my install experience.

I was the first to post on the Sears $399 deal last week. I
purchased on 2/28 and my install was 3/04.

I received an email from Installs Inc. with the installers
name and number the day after purchase.

I called him that evening to confirm the install date. We talked
awhile of tv's and sats. He normally does Dish installs. Had done
two other Voom installs.

Received a call from him 3/03. He said he had not received the
equipment yet but FedEx tracking shows it had arrived at sort center
in town.
He went to the center when it opened 3/04 and picked it up rather
that wait for delivery which would have been that afternoon. Install
was scheduled for 9 AM. He arrived at my house at 9:30 with
equipment in hand and began install. He had no problem with running
two lines for sat. and OAR, in fact he stated he recommended it.

By 11:00 we had a sat. signal and began working on the stealth
antenna install. I got a ladder from my garage and he went on the
roof of my two story house. Had the stealth up quickly and went to
check signal. The best signal I could get with the internal amp. on
the stealth was 45. Tried moving antenna around but no better. I am
14.5 miles from the transmitters. We talked about getting another
antenna and searched the web for a local source. Found one in stock
at Radio Shack that showed it was good for up to 60 mi. He rode with
me there and bought it on his own credit card.

We assembled and installed on the roof. This was a big antenna but
the best signal we could get was 40. By now it was 2:00. He then ran
another line and tried the Stealth on ground level, moving it around
did no good.

Now it's 3:00. He said he was going to purchase external amp to try
on the stealth. Will be here tomorrow for another try.

After he left I removed the amp on the stealth and installed the
regular card which he had left. Moving it around on my deck the best
I could get with it was 35.

Sorry for the long winded thread but I thought it would be good to
share a happier install experience.

This guy has really went the extra mile on my install.

If anyone has other ideas on the antenna I would like to hear from
you. All locals are UHF, My zone shows as violet on antennaweb. I am in East Tennessee so we do have some tall ridges but no mountains between me and the towers which are all together in the same location for the major nets.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts