Voom Installed Today

TYORK said:
Dragon,
1. I don't know who you think you are telling me to back off!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
2. I don't say he was late (I just said that there are company's some company that have different time frames.
3. I wanted to know who this lazy installer was that wanted the easy way out.
who come to do a install and not bring the right ladder.
4. why would you be on here defending such lazy installer away
5. if you don't like what i right that i suggest that you put me on the ignore list. Cause i will continue to help customer that are having trouble with these lazy, no show, no call installer .......

Tyrok

t, back off!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

installs inc says AM OR PM PERIOD!!!!!!

do you know the tech is lazy, or is HE trying to finish the install he is on, to make them happy??? god knows you have said that you have spent 4 hours at a voom install working on the OTA, i would have made at least 150 dollars out of that install!!

if you spent that much time on that OTA , what did your next sub think, OR DID YOU HAVE ONE????

dragon

ericpd said:
Installs, Inc.... That's the company who sent me an e-mail confirming my install date/time, along with some suggestions for making the install smoother. Like having crap already moved out of the installer's way before he gets here. But that's not the company who paid the visit. According to VoOm, it was a company called Data Link.
Eric, Datalink works in Northern VA as well and I wasn't too impressed with how they run their organization. Having said that, they have both good and poor installers. One of their best VOOM installers is a guy named Tod who lives in my neck of the woods and works throughout NoVA. I'm not sure if he works up in Randallstown, but you can call Becky at Datalink and give it a try. Check out the following posts.

http://www.satelliteguys.us/showpost.php?p=212762&postcount=230
http://www.satelliteguys.us/showpost.php?p=157381&postcount=186

Thanks for that info riffjim. The 703 number is the # their recording gave me when I tried reaching them around 6:00 p.m. After my final call-back from VoOm, they asked that I call DataLink to confirm. But the recording said that was the number to reach the manager of weekend installs. I certainly will give Becky a call tomorrow morning. Again, thanks much for that info.

dragon002 said:

do you know the tech is lazy, or is HE trying to finish the install he is on, to make them happy??? god knows you have said that you have spent 4 hours at a voom install working on the OTA, i would have made at least 150 dollars out of that install!!

if you spent that much time on that OTA , what did your next sub think, OR DID YOU HAVE ONE????

dragon

Dragon,

GET A GRIP

YOU are miss the WHOLE POINT HERE.
BOTTOM LINE is that the time frame was not the issue here.
THE ISSUE is that the tech showed up at this customer home with out the right ladder wants to put it on his deck with the OTA there to . SO YES I WOULD HAVE TO SAY HE WAS LAZY!!!!!!!!!!
If you would have made 150.00 off of a customer that you have to spend a little bit longer there than you are no better than this guy.
That way they have Telephones as long as you call your next customer most of them have no problem with you running late THANK YOU VERY MUCH>

ericpd said:
Thanks for that info riffjim. The 703 number is the # their recording gave me when I tried reaching them around 6:00 p.m. After my final call-back from VoOm, they asked that I call DataLink to confirm. But the recording said that was the number to reach the manager of weekend installs. I certainly will give Becky a call tomorrow morning. Again, thanks much for that info.

Eric
I sent you info to the Regional Manager he will Take care of these guy

tyork

TYORK said:
Dragon,

GET A GRIP

YOU are miss the WHOLE POINT HERE.
BOTTOM LINE is that the time frame was not the issue here.
THE ISSUE is that the tech showed up at this customer home with out the right ladder wants to put it on his deck with the OTA there to . SO YES I WOULD HAVE TO SAY HE WAS LAZY!!!!!!!!!!
If you would have made 150.00 off of a customer that you have to spend a little bit longer there than you are no better than this guy.
That way they have Telephones as long as you call your next customer most of them have no problem with you running late THANK YOU VERY MUCH>

Yes, quite right. Arrival time is NOT my issue. The guy showed up almost dead center in his window. My isssue is in his insistence that the dish be placed on my deck and his reporting to his office that the only alternative was to use a 40 foot latter, which he did not have. Repeat, it doesn't take a 40 footer to get up on my roof. I've been up there myself and I don't own one. A job requiring a 40 foot ladder is almost universal with installers when deciding whether a job is a standard intall or not. I'm aware of that. But like I said, I've had other installers up there over the years without a whimper or a dropped tear. D* was just up there two weeks ago to upgrade the dish. The HD upgrade path with D* fell through when they announced the price of their HD receivers and a 1 year committment for each one. For me, that would have meant two years & a little over 750 bucks since I have two HDTv's. I'm quite sure the 7 HD channels they have would grow over time, but still. Compared to VoOm, it was a no brainer.

And lastly, if an installer would call me stating that he was running a little late, due to some unexpected lose ends with the customer before me, I would be impressed. And would have no problems waiting and extra hour or two. In fact, a phone call like that would put me at ease. I mean if I even thought I was gonna get the same attention to excellence that the customer before me got, I'm fat and happy man!

Look, I know I'm not the only customer on his log, but I'd like to feel that he's here until the jobs done right,... not until some buzzer sounds.

ericpd said:
Yes, quite right. Arrival time is NOT my issue. The guy showed up almost dead center in his window. My isssue is in his insistence that the dish be placed on my deck and his reporting to his office that the only alternative was to use a 40 foot latter, which he did not have. Repeat, it doesn't take a 40 footer to get up on my roof. I've been up there myself and I don't own one. A job requiring a 40 foot ladder is almost universal with installers when deciding whether a job is a standard intall or not. I'm aware of that. But like I said, I've had other installers up there over the years without a whimper or a dropped tear. D* was just up there two weeks ago to upgrade the dish. The HD upgrade path with D* fell through when they announced the price of their HD receivers and a 1 year committment for each one. For me, that would have meant two years & a little over 750 bucks since I have two HDTv's. I'm quite sure the 7 HD channels they have would grow over time, but still. Compared to VoOm, it was a no brainer.

And lastly, if an installer would call me stating that he was running a little late, due to some unexpected lose ends with the customer before me, I would be impressed. And would have no problems waiting and extra hour or two. In fact, a phone call like that would put me at ease. I mean if I even thought I was gonna get the same attention to excellence that the customer before me got, I'm fat and happy man!

Look, I know I'm not the only customer on his log, but I'd like to feel that he's here until the jobs done right,... not until some buzzer sounds.

Eric,
I just got word that they have someone to take care of you asap so let me know how it goes.

tyork

dragon002 said:

dragon
dragon002…until you’ve earned the respect (if you ever can) that TYORK has earned and deserves on this forum…I suggest you’re the one who needs to BACK OFF!!!

Your ethics as an installer and agenda as a poster are seriously in question, at least in my mind, and won’t be redeemed by the cryptic, insincere “sorry” PM you sent me in reply to this thread http://www.satelliteguys.us/private.php?do=showpm&pmid=29280
dragon002 said:
i guess you dont joke a lot so if you took my PM to you the wrong way, i am sorry.
the thing about the drink was in reference to the smilies at the bottom of your posts, and that is why i PM'ed instead of BROADCASTING it.

lighten up vic, life is too short :shocked
And you’ve never even tried to explain yourself in either of these threads http://www.satelliteguys.us/showthread.php?p=405932#post405932

http://www.satelliteguys.us/showthread.php?p=407975#post407975

Until you’ve shown the type of ethics, ability, and commitment that has been exhibited by TYORK for many months and for many people
on this forum; I think it might be in your best interests to remember, that while you may think you’re a dragon…you’re definitely not “Puff”…and very few people are likely to mistake you when they read a few of your posts….

If this earns me a 3-day "vacation", so be it...it will have been worth it. Vicki

Vicki said:
dragon002…until you’ve earned the respect (if you ever can) that TYORK has earned and deserves on this forum…I suggest you’re the one who needs to BACK OFF!!!

Your ethics as an installer and agenda as a poster are seriously in question, at least in my mind, and won’t be redeemed by the cryptic, insincere “sorry” PM you sent me in reply to this thread http://www.satelliteguys.us/private.php?do=showpm&pmid=29280

And you’ve never even tried to explain yourself in either of these threads http://www.satelliteguys.us/showthread.php?p=405932#post405932

Until you’ve shown the type of ethics, ability, and commitment that has been exhibited by TYORK for many months and for many people
on this forum; I think it might be in your best interests to remember, that while you may think you’re a dragon…you’re definitely not “Puff”…and very few people are likely to mistake you when they read a few of your posts….

If this earns me a 3-day "vacation", so be it...it will have been worth it. Vicki
3Cheers for Vicki :) ;) :yes

And thank you TYORK. Your friends are very lucky people I hope they know it. Thought I'd come here and read the lastest posts before calling Becky over at DataLink. I'm wondering now if I should wait awhile before calling.

Man, all I know is that you folks in here are the best,... Dragon too! Yeah, he's a little harsh on some of his points of view, but he's here; and that's gotta at least mean something.

Wish me luck good peeps! I praying I'll be vooming right along with you folks by sundown. I hope, I hope, I hope <smile>

I bet she has done got 1 call this morning. I bet they will go out of there way to help you.

Good luck with your install Eric. Every time I turn Voom on I'm more and more impressed with the picture I'm looking at.

Thanks APorter. Hey T, just got off the line with DataLink, Becky was in a meeting (hope my delima was a piece of the meeting's agenda). Promised a call-back from Becky when she's released from the meeting. Also received a call from VoOm this morning, shortly after my first post. Let's see, that was around 9:00 a.m., I know most of the calls from VoOm come out of Washington State I believe, so that would mean the caller was making his call around 6:00 this morning. If this is so, I can't say enough about VoOm. Sadly I had to tell him that I was still waiting. But it's early yet and I have a feeling that this day will be a wonderful voomin day!

It's 2:04 p.m. my time here in Baltimore. Just received my long promised call from Becky @ DataLink. They will be here tomorrow afternoon (that's 12:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m. for Dragon) to install my VoOm. "I'll be there in 3 minutes" would have sounded better, but tomorrow is reasonable, fair and acceptable in light of everything that has happened.

Thank you T. Don't know exactly what you did or said, but I'm sure it has helped. And thanks for the support from the rest of ya'll. Much appreciated.

The next post I make, I'm hoping it's about enhancing PQ, or what button to push to do this or that. Thanks everyone!!!!!!!

Eric

ericpd said:
It's 2:04 p.m. my time here in Baltimore. Just received my long promised call from Becky @ DataLink. They will be here tomorrow afternoon (that's 12:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m. for Dragon) to install my VoOm. "I'll be there in 3 minutes" would have sounded better, but tomorrow is reasonable, fair and acceptable in light of everything that has happened.

Thank you T. Don't know exactly what you did or said, but I'm sure it has helped. And thanks for the support from the rest of ya'll. Much appreciated.

The next post I make, I'm hoping it's about enhancing PQ, or what button to push to do this or that. Thanks everyone!!!!!!!

Eric

Eric,
I thought they were surpose to come today???? Let me know if they don't show up tomarrow cause i will make a phone call myself>>>>>

tyork

Well,... that's what VoOm said early yesterday evening. They told me that I should be receiving a call from DataLink to confirm. That call from DL never happened and around 6:00 p.m., I decided to call them, that's how I got the NoVa number off their after-hours recording. This morning I called them and asked to speak with Becky (thanks riffjim), hoping to confirm this morning what was supposed to be confirmed last nite. She was busy in a meeting and promised (through the receptionist) to return my call after that meeting. That return call happened at 2:04 p.m. thereby making the VoOm promise of a Friday install all but impossible.

We talked for awhile. She read from the installer's report, initially supporting what she was reading and was told. Then I spoke. A brief but weird silence at the end of what I had to say. Then a confirmation for a Saturday (tomorrow) noon install (12:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m. for Dragon) and a different technician.

Look, I do feel that Becky made an effort to please a customer. I mean technically, she gave me one day service. Possibly if this morning's conversation with her had happened yesterday moments after VoOm made the promise, then it's a good chance I would be VoOmin' right about now. Right along with the rest of ya!!!

Vicki said:

vicki,

again, have another vino!!

you told me to quit quoting t york and if i did , to go on chit chat, now is the same ok for you???

im sure for her posts that t can speak for herself

you are not a tech, so butt out :shocked

again , im not hiding behind my posts , go have another drink!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)