Voom/Installs Inc. please get it together

Well my installer guy finished about an hour ago so I figured Id post my experince... I dont remember the guys name exactly but it was a very smooth install.... He scanned my locals and got the ones Im supposed to get plus it foudn a few others I didnt know existed.... I have yet to move the antenna or dish yet but the dish was at 97% signal so it should be pretty well calibrated.

Overall A install, with no noticable problems...

Other than for some reason the toslink wasnt working but I didnt get much of a chance to play with the receiver and im guessing my receiver wasnt on the right input or something silly like that.

So I bought CM3020 and put it up last night. I am getting the missing ABC and UPN just fine now. In fact there is 3 ABC feeds. I haven't finished scanning yet but looks like I will be able to pick up other distant feeds as well.

To confirm that the installer was an idiot - ABC on vhf IS HD!

I just cannot believe the local installers who insult peoples intelligence, lie about the OTA issues and get away with it. I wonder how many Voomers sit in thir living rooms not knowing what they're missing.

I will have to compose a e-mail and send it to Voom and Installs Inc. about this latest fiasco.

Dvlos,

This payment issue from local installers is ridiculous. Yes, they do have to buy the stuff and then get reimbursed but according to Installs Inc. once they pre-approve the upgrade based on the customer's complaint the local installer pretty much has a blank check. If still in doubt they can call Installs Inc. from the job site and tell them the cost before the work starts. The lady from Installs made it very clear to me. They are open until 7pm every night just for the local contractors.

I really don't understand this mentality.

Originally Posted by Hoopnoop
Just got my Voom install information. It is through DataLink -- a fellow named Vernon Cumberbatch. Anyone had experience with him?

I'm tempted to reschedule just because of the name. :)

Datalink backed out of the install,said I was out of their area(don't think so)was handed over AV Wiring Networks in Maryland(def out of my area).Then get an E-mail from Mike at Installs Inc showing the install at 12-5 as befpre.Get in touch with AV Wiring they don't even have Voom equipement,and can't do install 7/31/04 even if they did.Think they can in another week or so(maybe).So far this is not a good sign,I am not sure why they will not allow a self install,and I think that in the future this will hurt them,anyone can go to the store and buy D* equip and install single/dual/triple LNB dishes and they are on their way,or choose to have a pro install.as far as the software download I think that configuring a computer would harder than configuring a Voom box.
Sorry for the rant,communications are a must within a company and somethingis wrong here

Update:Was to get a call from the installer yesterday afternoon or early evening.Well that didn't happen-Vooms installers are not looking to professional at this time

Update 8/3/04 Well the second company has not called back as of this date,so I guess there is no install on 8/6/04.Voom did call to see how everything was going,reply was that it isn't going, wanted to know about a possible install in 10-12 days,they don't seem to have any idea whats going on,nice and polite but no idea whats going on.I said if they can get something rolling today and install this week before Friday, go for it ,if not I will get back too them about a date in the near future(which I probably won't ) This is starting to look like the Voom Comedy Hour.They really need to start self installs-hell your pointing a dish 166 S at an elevation of 42 degrees(for my location give or take a little) and down loading some software to a stb(and it's a single lnb with no tilt)my 15 year old son helped a friends father install a D* triple lnb,he a was able to set the azimuth/tilt/elevation

I finally heard back from the install company that keeps cancelling my antenna upgrade. As I mentioned this was the third time they had cancelled it saying I could not get locals (how do they know if they don't come out and put it up?). Anyway, the guy at Install's Inc. had left them a message and an email, apparently they got chewed out pretty good by him for the way they have handled this (at least that is what she implied). The lady said they were waiting on the antenna to come in and then they would call back and set up a time. I think it is pretty funny that they got in trouble by Install's Inc. after all the trouble they have put me through. Thanks Install's Inc. for laying down the law for me.

kaw

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)