VOOM not for Sprint Dish customers now.

dotman

Original poster
May 2, 2005
I just signed up for Dish last week trough my local phone company...Sprint....I call today to get the VOOM channels activated and was told there were not available to Sprint customers. :confused: They were not sure if would be. I asked the lady if she was a Dish employee or a Sprint employee and she said Dish. Go figure...must have something to do with bandwith???

Dotman
Eastern, NC

Sounds like a mixup or just dump. I don't see why sprint customers couldn't get whatever programming they want. Don't you still get billed from Dish? all you basically get from sprint is a $5 discount right?

Try again later

I though I would just give them some time to get their act together and then call again. I will probably get a different answer then. :yes

DOTMAN:

I did call SBC today to see if they could sign me up for the "Special Voom Promotion " since they offer DISH Satellite as a SBC Bundled Value. They did call DISH and was told this OFFER was only available by calling DISH directly. She said it looked like a really good deal that they could not offer themselves. Sounds kind of like the same deal. Maybe they can only offer certain option amounts under their services. Maybe there are only certain amounts that they can charge. Does DISH have PPV? If so could you charge it and show-up on your Sprint bill? Can you change your account "On-Line" using the DISH Web Site? I have seen that at present you can not add VOOM channels "On-Line"? It may just be a software issue at present. What happens if you call DISH? Do they tell you to call Sprint to change your service? If they do I am glad that SBC told me to call Dish directly. Using SBC is a different price ($53.98 for HBO & 120 package) plus the is NO TERM AGREEMENT! That may be the issue too, with Sprint. Post what you find since others may need to know this before they bundle their satellite service too.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts