Voom promises of 50 channels, price reduction, etc

hudson

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Aug 4, 2004
Additional rooms price

Just recieved a letter from Voom saying they are dropping the addl room price from $14.50/room to 5.00/room.

Was this email or snail mail? I have not received an email but will be sure to check my mail box if it is snail mail.

Thanks in advance! :)

Big change, but they needed to do something to compete price-wise. The other providers are $5/addl room.

It only makes sense. If you can lease the reciever / mirror one for $5/mo, why not just mirror for that (other than to soak the people who bought recievers). They already got paid for the recievers. I think this price reduction is another way of taking care of the early adoptors. Maybe later they'll obsolete the charter pricing and this will help balance it out.

Shawn

Walter L. said:
The BIG question is if taking this deal would trigger the price increase on VaVaVOOM for those of us still paying $79.99

I have already asked a V* CSR and was told that any changes in your current package would take you out of the grandfathered pricing stucture that many of us enjoy today.

The letter also states they are in the process of adding 50 new channels, and that 20 are already added, including WGN

:)

martin21 said:
I received it today as well - snailmail. You need to pay $49 for the installation. I would do this in a heart beat if I only knew Voom was here to stay!

You hear that? It's a heart beat. Sign up cause Voom is here to stay.

Hey everybody, hope this hasn't already been posted, took a look but didn't see anything. Went to the mailbox today and found a letter sent out by Voom talking about a drop in prices for mirror boxes. Price going from $14.50 to $5.00 a box, and they are offering a 2 room install for $49.

In addition they say they have "completed preparations to deliver more than 50 new channels". Some of these they note are the ones we have already recieved. Not sure what count we are at now, but I believe it leaves around 20 more to go. It doesn't denote whether it will be SD or HD.

philhu said:
The letter also states they are in the process of adding 50 new channels, and that 20 are already added, including WGN

:)

Did they mention any other channels besides the ones we have now and WGN?

Walter L. said:
The BIG question is if taking this deal would trigger the price increase on VaVaVOOM for those of us still paying $79.99

Yes..but the saving per box may outweigh the price increase. If you have more then 1 additional box that upgrade is completely worth it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts