VOOM: Promo Gone! New Prices...

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
kjaslow said:
I just had a look at my paper bill for this month. There is a line as follows:

July 22 - August 21 0.00 HD Marquee (a $10.00 value)

I'd noticed on the website that the Marquee is listed as something that is included for a limited time at no extra charge. Now I know how much they intend to charge, and I'm not happy about it...

No point in worrying about future rate hikes. By that time, better alternatives may exist.

Again if they can manipulate things to have users with WM9 and better PQ in the near future those extra $10 will feel worth it.

FrankJo said:
Voom needs HGTV and other SD channels like that. Why? BECAUSE PEOPLE WANT IT!

Remember, I am a happy Voom customer. Can it be better, of course, but the others can be better too.

Wait how come you subscriber with Voom if you want SD then you need DTV in a major way. I think they carry the most SD right now. No.. I disagree totally why wouldn't you want HGTV-HD? If Voom can an HGTV type channel is what they SHOULD carry as an exclusive over Moov or Cinema 6 is the demand is high enough right?

I would rather they add Wealth HD first then SCIFI even though I love SciFi because I'd rather have the HD. If there are no new HD channels to add... ok fine add an SD, I dont care I'm not going to watch it anyway. If Bravo gets Stargate and Farscape in HD do you think I need SCIFI SD?? hahah..

I vote HGTV instead of the aquarium or "Tank" channel to keep my wife happy.

I ordered the Starz Plus Pack on 7/24/2004. With the upcoming price increase, I asked for assurance that my $39 price for VOOM would remain in effect should I later cancel Starz or wish to subscribe to another Plus Pack. I was told in no uncertain terms by the CSR that there would be no price increase to my VOOM subscription price regardless of how many times I added or deleted Plus Packs. I asked to speak to a supervisor who verified this fact and noted this information in my account.

I called last night about another issue, but again asked about the above scenario. Both the CSR and her supervisor verified there would be no change to the VOOM subscription price through 2004 if merely changing Plus Packs. Of course, if you were to upgraded/downgrade VOOM<--->VA VA VOOM then I think the new pricing will apply.

Anyway, ask the CSR to place a note in your account when changing Plus Packs just to be sure you won't be Zinged by the new pricing structure. If you have any problems, PM me and I will provide you with the names and CSR numbers of the individuals I spoke to.

DarrellP said:
Poor Indy, I am so sorry for you. :p

Well so far so good! She has been without HGTV since late March and no mutiny yet! She just told me all is fine with the current Voom lineup. :p

Sean Mota said:
In my opinion I don't want SD channels.

I agree. I would be perfectly content with just the 21 VOOM Exclusives and the HD MarqueePack.

The new pricing scheme is a bit much. Perhaps the pricing should go something like this which would keep both the SD and HD camps happy:

VOOM Basic Pack (everyone must sub) $11.95 (the 21 VOOM Exclusives & FCC required SD PI channels).

Cable Favorites Pack (all the SD channels) $28.00 (VOOM Basic & Cable Favs=$39.95)

HD MarqueePack $14.00 (hey, the billing statement says it's a $10 value, but a few more channels are probably planned)

Sports Pack & the movie packs $14.00 each

This way those that want SD can have it at the same price they are paying now and those that want just the HDs in the VOOM package they have now would still be paying $39.95

New Prices Too Much!

I just heard about this.....I too would never try Voom for the prices their offering......I did it because of the $0 price down and free install.....otherwise I'd be with DTV.
After the end of the year if my prices go up....I'm afraid I'll have to look at DTV even if they don't have a lot of HD......I can't aford anymore here....it's only TV. :eek:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts